Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs. Charlton | 1st December 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Team, News and Views

Comments

• Options
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

thats an unprecedented 3 come on you haddock and chip lovers in 1 pre-match thread... says it all and i shall say no more.
  • Options
    We will fold up like a pack of cards as usual and my Millwall mate will gloat all the way to the pub after the game. Sighs.
    Plus Cort is very dodgy on a hard icy pitch.
  • Options
    Someone can make themselves a hero tomorrow. Play with no fear, get a foothold and we'll get a result.

COYR.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Bunny said:

They've only got 300 tickets left in their ends for this, nice to know we're the only club they sell out for ;)

Along with Gillingham, Oldham, Arsenal, Palace, Leeds, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Wolves, Swindon, Grimsby, West Ham, Rotherham, Wigan, Birmingham and Derby.

The only thing that has made the above more or less than attendances v Charlton is the amount of away fans that came or were allowed to come. All were home sellouts.
    And the majority of those were for the occasion (chance of promotion, one off cup games) rather than the team you were playing and the feeling about beating them.

This is a much bigger game for your set of supporters than you like to make out. Near enough all Millwall fans have friends, family, work colleagues etc who are Charlton fans. Can the same really be said about your rivalry with Palace or Leeds? No.
    Don't disagree with most of that - altho only the Oldham, Swindon & Grimsby games were for promotion. In fact that Oldham game is the highest ever league gate at the new place. The rest were simply big league games or as you say big cup games...I forgot Tranmere!

I've always said this is a big match.

Interestingly the only areas sold out now are the home ends - apparently over a hundred Charlton fans have returned tickets!?
  • Options
    I am 100% confident. CP has been building towards this game for weeks - frimpong and kermo have got valuable game time in, stephens is nicely rested, haynes is like a coiled spring and Dervite is going to come in and have the game of his life.

Hamer

Seabourne
    Dervite
    Cort
    Solly

Pritchard
    Stephens
    Frimpong
    Jackson

Kermo
    Hulse

Haynes to come on in second half and win it for us.

• Options

We will fold up like a pack of cards as usual and my Millwall mate will gloat all the way to the pub after the game. Sighs.
    Plus Cort is very dodgy on a hard icy pitch.

Undersoil heating is on.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

my first derby between the two clubs, would love a win but I'd take a draw. just happy to be there Saturday more than anything! 2-1 to the red of south London.

Should our worst fears be realised AGAIN, a blast from oz's digeridoo will galvanise the lads, the game will be turned on its head and the spoils will be borne away from deepest, darkest Bermondsey by the heroes in red !

Failing that, it could be used to knock a plod's helmet off when we are put in detention once more ...

Will look out for you tomorrow, mate.

• Options
    Ouch.
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

thats an unprecedented 3 come on you haddock and chip lovers in 1 pre-match thread... says it all and i shall say no more.

You are the best Bloodnut! How can we fail now!!! COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saveloys are ready to go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There have been a lot of times in the past when we get to the Millwall game and blow it big time. Often because it happens at one of those tricky times in the season when we're very fragile, like that abject televised defeat at Upton Park, or when we're paper thin in the squad and have to play the likes of Mike Small (sheesh).
    This time the challenge is as big. We're still adjusting to this league, Millwall are 12 undefeated. They're playing at home and the atmosphere will be intimidating for our players, even though I'm sure our support will be strong whatever the outcome.
    We struggle with injuries to get to a settled team, with players having to play in unfamiliar positions, or players who are touch and go coming back from injuries.
    Our form had dipped in the last two games, and biggest blow of all is the suspension of Morrison.
    Yeah the challenge is big. It is also typical of the scenario that seems to dog us whenever we play Millwall, perhaps it is a forever thing, because their record against us since nineteen hundred and frozen stiff is astonishing.
    So Chris has a big test, big pressure. In my view a draw would be an excellent result, a win would be the best ever result under Powell so far, a narrow and battling defeat would be reasonable, a convincing win for Millwall would be what is expected.
    To get anything Chris must not 'overmanage'; strip things to the bare bones, simplify things for the players so they can concentrate on working hard. Play 4-5-1.
    Tomorrow is really not the day for experimentation.
    I fully expect somebody to make a huge mistake tomorrow, and certainly some awful decisions by the officials, that kind of luck could decide the shape of the match early on.
    If we can get to an hour played 0-0 then it will become a proper contest, if Millwall score early, or lead at half time we have to dig deep like Huddersfield did with us last week.
    Can't see us getting anything tomorrow, hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    If we are level at 60 mins and we have the pace of Haynes brought on, we have a good chance of getting something from the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Two good omens. Playing away and not expected to win. Charlton can surprise with these odds.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    Pre natch beers have begun Charlton and Millwall in Covent Garden outsinging Norwegen Arsenal fans, hardly a challenge cant wait for tomorrow now
  • Options
    Ok so know the pictures upside down but its been a long night........
  • Options
    Totally pointless stats about the referee tomorrow - http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/767/

Turns out he's the one who sent Hamer off on New Years Eve at Leyton Orient; but he's also the one who saw us beat Reading 2-1 in a cup tie last August.
  • Options
    When we beat them, some of the doubters will start to believe. Chrissy Powell's Red and White Army!!!!
  • Options
    Time to BELIEVE !

Come on you REDS !!!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Totally pointless stats about the referee tomorrow - http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/767/

Turns out he's the one who sent Hamer off on New Years Eve at Leyton Orient; but he's also the one who saw us beat Reading 2-1 in a cup tie last August.

Can see from that that the last time he reffed at the Den was in August, when they got knocked out of the League Cup by Crawley.

Also looks like he's due to give a pen soon, not given one yet this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leaving from Dorset now. Just put a quid on us to win 4-3 and Solly to score at any time - it's written in the stars that he will score the winner today! I am too embarrassingly excited about this game
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    Happy, happy day. Took half day in the City, met friend for lunch* at Fenchurch Street at 12.30, back to see the lads from work for more lunch* at Lombard Street and then over to Market Porter to meet Guinness & a few other mates for more lunch*. During the game I went ar$e over t!t down the stairs at one stage...landed on step on my backside watching the game...steward told me I couldn't sit there. I asked for a minute, said I didn't think anyone had noticed!! As I said...happy, happy day!! :-)

*lunch in those days was snakebite & black ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    For everyone who is going today, let`s make it as loud and vociferous as possible and roar our boys on to 3 points! Let`s not walk out at 5pm with any regrets, thinking that we could have been better with our support.

Our players love our football club, let`s give them the backing they deserve!
  • Options
    My Millwall supporting workmate is refusing to say he thinks they'll win. He does admit they're on a roll at the moment, that he'd like to see continue. At least he goes to games unlike the two spurs supporters who can only talk about the televised games.
  • Options
    It's 17 years since we beat them in the snow, before that it 17 years back to '78, both games 0-2. So 2 nil to us, it is then.
  • Options
    Ive got a feeling we will sneak it! COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WE'RE GONNA FXXKING SMASH 'EM!
  • Options
    COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GOAL SCORING ADDICKS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Little butterflies

Come on the boys in red and white