Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs. Charlton | 1st December 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Team, News and Views

Comments

• Options
    Been an Addick for 52 years and am well aware of our appalling record against Millwall. I have seen all of our wins during that time and although I would like to think we will add to that tomorrow I can't see it. Milwall are right on form and we although our recent points haul look uncohesive to me. Morrison is a huge blow and I very sadly predict a 3 - 1 defeat.
  • Options
    Shittu on Powell: "He was one of the players that helped bring me into the game. I learned from him and I looked up to him."
  • Options
    Just seen a picture Hamer posted on twitter of Sullivan back at Charlton now but noticed in the background Fuller was there getting ready obviously for training. Not sure if the injury is not to bad and may be OK for tomorrow.
  • Options
    This should be a straight-forward defeat but who knows. Think we'll play 4-5-1 with Hulse up on his own and Fuller as bath-tub.

Just checked my Millwall record and it's not great. P15 W3 D7 L5. It started with the 2-2 at The Den in our promotion season 85-86 (Shipley & Melrose)

• Options
    our recoed v Millwall is awful, esp at their place...............even if Morro, Fuller & Haynes were all playing I still couldn't see us getting anything.

Got my ticket and 1 for golfie jnr as he is going to his 1st away derby..............although it wont be as bad as last time, I can't see past a 0-2 defeat for us.
  • Options
    Sparrows Lane Lion....where do you recommend for a pre-match beer tomorrow?
  • Options
    I like Hulse but I think it is the sort of game that a piece of Fuller magic could win. Tough choice. Hopefully no one does a Dailly as well.
  • Options
    Dailly and Llera still haunts me now
  • Options
    There are a few truisms of long term Charlton supporting.

Two are that Charlton are always poor in the League Cup (in its various incarnations) and that Charlton don't beat Millwall.

If the second of those changes tomorrow I'll be amazed and even a point would be a major surprise.
  • Options
    If Morrison was playing, I really think we would win this, but as the best away record in the league (on current form) relies very much on sound defence - much will rest on how disruptive his absence turns out to be.

I think a central midfield of Frimpong and Stephens is the way to go for this match and I have a feeling Powell might agree to other's surprise. If the defence stands up - we will give them a shock - if not - could be a 2-0 defeat. I really can't call which of the two it will be. COYRs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've only got 300 tickets left in their ends for this, nice to know we're the only club they sell out for ;)
  • Options
    I would take a draw!!

0-2 to the scum.
  • Options

They've only got 300 tickets left in their ends for this, nice to know we're the only club they sell out for ;)

i know plenty of Charlton fans that are going in with Millwall mates in the home end so that always swells their ticket sales as well.

• Options
    Tough one to call. Millwall are obviously in good form but so are we with 13pts out of the last 15 and unbeaten in the last 6 away. I think we can go there and get a 1-1 which I would be more than happy with.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

We are gonna smash em.

We are gonna pull down their ill-fitting Primark jeans and cane them a thousand times with a South Eastern timetable.

3-0 to the good guys, the bastions of South London civilisation.

F**k you Millwall.

You been out tonight, AFKA ?

Lol, yes.

My local is a 'healthy' mix of Charlton and Millwall. Plenty of banter and bets flying around tonight.

A lot of my good mates support Millwall. I like Millwall fans as individuals, but as a club and a collective I absolutely despise them. Have no problem with 'supporting Millwall', 'being Millwall' is a totally different kettle of fish. If I was standing in the middle of a bar and on one side I had Adolf and the gestapo, and on the other side a group of Millwall, I'd be saying 'vot vuld you like to drink'.

I've gone to be bed thinking about this game every night this week, and knowing I can't go is absolutely killing me.

We will win.

Im sorry but how did you end up out last night as when i bumped into you you moaned that you were jealous when i saw i was popping to the pub? What happened there??

• Options
    Loss
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ha. Mate got engaged. Any excuse really.

Still think we're gonna smash em.

• Options
    Hard fought one nil to the reds. I can see N'guessan scoring thirty yard screamer....own goal ofcourse.
  • Options
    Right here, right now, I would take a draw if offered it.

Two form sides on paper so anything should be possible but a lifetime of watching us get turned over has lowered my hopes and expectations a little.

Fingers and everything else crossed until 5 o'clock tomorrow that changes.
  • Options
    1-3 loss. Wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel sick......
  • Options
    roll on tomorrow ... I cannot wait for this ... it will not be the same as last time ... this team will go for it ... 3500 cafc and the fans will be up for it ... unlucky 13 for the spanners, their run will stop tomorrow ...

... hopefully ;-)
  • Options
    hate em more than hate itself
  • Options
    Get like this before palace away? Lol yeah righto
  • Options
    nolly said:

Get like this before palace away? Lol yeah righto

lol exactly nolly, palace don't come near it
  • Options
    ooooh palace it means soooo much well compared to the watford derby maybe
  • Options
    Brentford means the most
  • Options
    Are you snorting creatine now ?
  • Options
    don't feel any of this fear or sickness - looking forward to a good day out - a loss is expected, a win an absolute bonus. Game of football in the end of the day - it's really not that important but agree 100% that its the only derby that really matters.