Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Cameron RIP (Minutes applause December 2012)

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news - a club legend.

RIP.
  • Options
    I only met Colin once and that was on Christmas Day about 15 years ago in Ye Olde Black Horse. He was a big friend of my uncle's and they used to go to the Valley together in the 1950s. All I can remember is that they both drank a lot in a very short space of time.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Blimey, this has dampened my day, very very sad.
  • Options
    really nice genuine man RIP Colin Charlton will miss you
  • Options
    Shocked at this very sad news. He deserves a minutes applause of his own against Ipswich tomorrow.
  • Options
    A big shock. RIP Colin you are remembered with great affection. Mike, Dave & Kevin.
  • Options
    R.I.P. what a man.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Sir, god bless you. Condolences to his family and friends
  • Options
    So sad ...lovely man
  • Options
    RIP Colin
  • Options
    Wow, I'm stunned. Colin was, and is, the kind of club legend you think will be around forever.

RIP.
  • Options
    the words "Charlton Athletic" and "Colin Cameron" are synonymous with what has always been CAFC.

RIP Colin
  • Options
    I only really got to know Colin in recent years when I used to chat to him outside the West Stand about old football programmes and all things Charlton before a match. Absolutely the most genuine bloke you could ever meet. Big Kent cricket man as well. R.I.P Colin.
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP Colin.
  • Options
    horrible news. I got to know Colin over the last 10 years. Will be sorely missed by all addicks for his insightful info. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Colin... Very sad news. Always used a stat of his for ammo at school and even down the pub
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a real shame

The word Charlton legend gets banded around easily and for many reasons but in my humble it is people like Colin who are

Rest in peace

• Options
    Very sad news. RIP Colin
  • Options
    Sad news club legend in a unique way.
  • Options
    a huge loss
  • Options
    RIP Colin God Bless.
  • Options
    So so sad, RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP Colin

You'll be sorely missed around the club. Huge legend and if anyone deserved to be called Mr Charlton it was Colin.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    RIP ,met him in the Valley club and Ye Olde Black Horse Sidcup in the 80's on many occasions.

The best tribute I can give happened just last weekend when a guy fitting my new carpets told me his best friend was former Addick Vinny O'Kane.

Five minutes later I took a stroll down the road to the internet cafe and photocopied Vinny's biog in the Valiant 500,I'm told he was delighted to receive it.
  • Options
    This is very sad news; Colin was a lovely man and Charlton through and through. I've known him since the first day I started at the Club in 1988 and he was always so helpful to me. I have some great memories of Colin - he was a regular guest on my radio programme 'Charlton Chat' and he gave us one of the most entertaining evenings when he was part of our 'Eggheaders' quiz team that took on a 70's player team in the quiz that Keith Peacock organised.

2012 has been a sad year for losing dear Charlton friends and colleagues.

RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Sad loss of a truly Charlton man. RIP