Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Cameron RIP (Minutes applause December 2012)

Comments

• Options
    RIP Colin
  • Options
    RIP Colin. This is very sad news.
  • Options
    A nice tribute, and great credit to all the Ipswich fans who seemed all to join in
  • Options
    Yes, Prague, I applauded the away fans who joined in with our tribute to this dear man.

I also heard this afternoon that Paddy Powell had been admitted to hospital with chest pains. Get well soon, Mate.
  • Options
    Pleased the club did a minutes applause for Colin, was the least he deserved.
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. When I was a kid I loved looking at the scores from old games etc, and I had a romantic notion that there was a vault in the old west stand holding all the records. Later on you find that thats not the case at all, and as BDL pointed out today, without Colin a lot of the history would have been lost to us. RIP.
  • Options
    Great tribute today. RIP Mr. Cameron.
  • Options
    Great tribute today - and big respect to the IT fans who even started chanting 'there's only one Colin Cameron' which was very good of them. The response from the Charlton faithful was touching and showed the great respect and love that many had for the man.
  • Options
    How sad. I only knew him through his books and other writing, but I have read and re-read bits of those for the last 20 years and imagine I will continue to do so for the rest of my life. Doubt we will see his like again.
  • Options

A nice tribute, and great credit to all the Ipswich fans who seemed all to join in

Very pleased this was done.
    Colin was a lovely man who loved Charlton dearly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great tribute today - and big respect to the IT fans who even started chanting 'there's only one Colin Cameron' which was very good of them. The response from the Charlton faithful was touching and showed the great respect and love that many had for the man.

Ipswich fans were excellent, lots of kudos to them.
  • Options

Agreed. Impeccably observed and a moving swell of emotion for the loss of a man who, even if we didn't know him personally, meant a lot to us over the years. RIP fellow Addick.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Yes, Prague, I applauded the away fans who joined in with our tribute to this dear man.

I also heard this afternoon that Paddy Powell had been admitted to hospital with chest pains. Get well soon, Mate.

Really appreciated the Ipswich fans joining us in our celebration of Colin's life and contribution to Charlton.

Disturbed though to hear about Paddy being admitted to hospital. He was my first, and eternal, idol at Charlton and the reason I played right-wing during my youth. Tried to take Colin as a confirmation name because of him, only to be told this wasn't allowed as there wasn't a St Colin! The church obviously hadn't been to The Valley enough!! It wasn't difficult to think that Patrick was the only alternative.

God rest Mr Cameron and get well soon Paddy Powell.
  • Options
    RIP A true Charlton legend and a truly one off who will be a great loss to the club
  • Options
    Well done everyone, Charlton and Ipswich - great tribute.

• Options
    Great club man. Thankyou Colin for everything you have done for CAFC.
  • Options
    I thought the minute's applause was excellent and credit should go to Matt Wright and Mick Everett for making it happen. Those who knew Colin will understand how proud he would have been to receive such a send-off and I can confirm that there were relatives at the ground to see it too.
  • Options
    Very nice words from BDL too. Well played to those at the club who made it happen.
  • Options
    What sad news. I knew Colin during my time at RTM, exchanging brief conversations with him in the various press box portacabin set-ups in the early years back at The Valley. A true gent in person, a real part of the furniture at The Valley, and as Stig's pictures confirm, a Charlton legend.

His attention to detail was incredible and there for everyone to see in his books; no doubt looking down on it all yesterday he will have noted it was the 338th such minute of appreciation held before a match at The Valley, of which 331 have been in silence and 7 in applause...

RIP a Charlton Great.
  • Options
    @Off_it I Wish I could take credit for the words, but they were Matt Wright's. I just had the privilege of reading them and paying tribute to a really nice guy who will be sorely missed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I havent been on over Christmas, very sad news RIP Colin, All the best to the family! X
  • Options
    BDL said:

@Off_it I Wish I could take credit for the words, but they were Matt Wright's. I just had the privilege of reading them and paying tribute to a really nice guy who will be sorely missed.

Regardless they were very good words very well delivered.

• Options
    RIP Colin a true Gent.
  • Options
    Still miss the chats we had while having a smoke and a beer together in that little part of Sidcup.
    Will raise a glass tonight for you.
    One year ago tonight.
  • Options
    LC, I used to regularly seen Colin sitting on the table to your left as you walk in the Alma. Always wanted to find an excuse to say hello and bring up Charlton, but could never think of the right intro. Regret that now.
  • Options
    RIP Colin.

As a trustee of the museum I've been speaking to the family and hope to be able to announce some good news soon.

Also the Fans' Forum has re-named the Fan of the Year award the Colin Cameron award
  • Options
    Good god... Cannot believe its been a year since Colin passed

Was an amazing servant for the club ensuring that the entire clubs history will never be forgotten
  • Options
    Rest in peace old friend. You are remembered with much warmth.
  • Options

RIP Colin.

As a trustee of the museum I've been speaking to the family and hope to be able to announce some good news soon.

Also the Fans' Forum has re-named the Fan of the Year award the Colin Cameron award

Quality
  • Options
    Nice to remember Colin again, a year on.
    Always enjoyed chatting with him, and his best buddy, Alan Honey!

Excellent touch for the Fans' Forum to re-name the ward in Colin's honor. Very well deserved.