Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Cameron RIP (Minutes applause December 2012)

Comments

• Options
    Bloodyhell, that's really sad news.

Someone you'd automatically assume would be there forever at CAFC.

R.I.P.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Such sad sad news. Our thoughts are very much with Colin's family, as we are personally only too well aware, losing someone you love is hard enough, but at Christmas it just becomes so much more painful. RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Sad news on Christmas Day.
    Home and Away 1920 - 2004 is a book with so many fantastic memories that I was hoping he was working on an update.

CC - now watching CAFC home and away, for eternity, from the best possible seat.
  • Options

This is a real shame

The word Charlton legend gets banded around easily and for many reasons but in my humble it is people like Colin who are

Rest in peace

Can only echo these words and say how privaliged I was to meet the man and read his books
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. A legend in my eyes to a stats man like myself. Valiant 500 and the 2 Home and Away books are never far away and to find a mention of my grandad in the latter book re a hat trick from 1940, is something me and my family are grateful to see in there.

Rest in Peace, Mr Cameron.
  • Options
    What sad news for all of Colin's many, many friends and his family.

I met Colin as a kid as he was a friend of my grandad and his love for our club was immeasurable. That fact that so many of us have taken time out from our Christmas day to contribute our own condolances speaks more than the words themselves.

RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Very sad news. Thoughts are with his family on this difficult day. RIP.
  • Options
    A true Charlton legend indeed.

My thoughts and condolences for his family.
  • Options
    RIP.

A very hard act to follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only had the pleasure to meet him once but will be strange him not being there.

Charlton Legend.

RIP

• Options
    Very sad news. Another Charlton stalwart lost but never forgotten. Thoughts to his family.
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Suthers said:

This is very sad news; Colin was a lovely man and Charlton through and through. I've known him since the first day I started at the Club in 1988 and he was always so helpful to me. I have some great memories of Colin - he was a regular guest on my radio programme 'Charlton Chat' and he gave us one of the most entertaining evenings when he was part of our 'Eggheaders' quiz team that took on a 70's player team in the quiz that Keith Peacock organised.

2012 has been a sad year for losing dear Charlton friends and colleagues.

RIP Colin.

Although I knew Colin to smile "hello" to for many years, the "Eggheaders" quiz was when we met properly for the first time. To me, he was a big, cuddly bear of a man & always seemed to be smiling.

The last time we spoke was when he was awarded the trophy for " Long serving supporter " at last May's POTY event. He was genuinely gobsmacked to receive the accolade whilst most present were in no doubt that he was a very worthy recipient. I am now so glad that we were able to honour him in this way.

Bless you, Colin.

The next "Eggheaders" quiz is currently being organised and will sadly be missing one of its favourite & most knowledgable team members.
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP Colin, you'll be missed by everyone at Charlton.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I was shocked. RIP
  • Options
    Very, very sad. Rest in peace.
  • Options
    RIP. Lovely fella. Spoke to him a few times over the last 20 years. Very sad news.................
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Very sad news particularly at this time of the year RIP to a goodman and Charlton stalwart
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What very sad news. Thanks for all you've done over so many years CC. RIP.
  • Options
    Used to see Colin regularly before we moved to the easy stand a couple of years ago. Didn't know him personally but admired his work. Saw him a few weeks ago and thought he had aged noticeably. Such a shame. RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad news. Rip.
  • Options
    I never met him but I use his book Home & Away 1920-3004 regularly as a reference. Like someone else said, always looked for an update. I'm of the same vintage and have been through the same ups and downs. I hope he is at peace
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Very sad to read this.

I cannot claim to have known him although I have spoken to him a couple of times over the years.

He really was a Charlton legend and he leaves an invaluable legacy with his books and programme articles.

I remember reading an article some years ago when he wrote of his apprehension in following his predecessor (? Mortimer Farrar or similar name).

Well whoever succeeds Colin will have truly big boots to fill.

RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. My Dad always had Colins books in the house when I was growing up.
    Thoughts with his family on this day.
  • Options
    What sad news. Only talking with him a couple of months ago - you couldn't meet a nicer warm hearted man.

A big loss to Charlton but most of all to his family.

• Options
    Wow. Didn't expect to log on an see this. Such sad news thoughts with his loved ones. Lets hope tomorrow is a special day
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    What a huge loss to the club and to all that knew him. Absolute 100% Charlton legend. Rest in peace.