Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Cameron RIP (Minutes applause December 2012)

Comments

• Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Thats whats got me oggy met him a good few times and only saw him in the lounge at begining of season had a good chat with him as per normal a great guy real warm man looked well very shocked today

Thoughts with family hope the boys give him a real salute abd send off
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP - very sad news...
  • Options
    RIP Colin, my thoughts are with his family at this difficult time, it would be fitting if we could have a minutes applause on Boxing Day, but don't know if it will happen.
  • Options
    RIP
    Colin
    "Mr Charlton Athletic"
  • Options
    Rip colin
  • Options
    A very sad day. My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Mr Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Very sad news that puts a dampener on the holiday festivities.
    I always enjoyed seeing Colin during my overseas visits. He truly loved Charlton Athletic, and all of the people surrounding it.
    He was a walking encyclopedia of all things Charlton Athletic.
    Colin loved statistics, but was never boring. That, in itself, is a triumph.

I hope Charlton's management sees fit to have a moment of silence, or a moment of cheer, in his honor.
    A true Charlton Legend.

RIP, Colin.
  • Options
    Sad, sad news. A gaping hole is left which we may never be able to close. I expect a minute's recognition either tomorrow or Saturday. Bless you Colin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really saddened to read the news today.

RIP Mr Charlton.
  • Options
    So sad , would always engage in conversation with anyone . Lovely man who boxed for eltham abc also
  • Options
    Very sad news, I'm sure it was Colin who set the 'Charlton' questions for my mastermind appearance. I've spent many hours dipping in and out of the valiant 500 and home and away.

A sad loss for his family and for Charlton Athletic

Rest in peace.
  • Options
    RIP Colin, sad news to those who knew and loved him personally, and to the wider world, the sporting world, and the world of Kent Cricket and of course the world we all love Charlton Athletic. I think Colin served us well with a life well lived, the Cricket for the Summer, the Football for the winter, and he generously shared that life with us and enriched us all because of it. A great loss.
  • Options
    Sad news. A real charlton man. RIP
  • Options

I hope Charlton's management sees fit to have a moment of silence, or a moment of cheer, in his honor.

This absolutely
  • Options
    Thats terrible news. Very sad. Condolences to all his friends and family
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    As others have mentioned above a true Charlton fanatic and his books are never far from me as a true Charlton statto/FACTS officianado
    Loved reading his interesting quirky bits of info in his articles in the programmes
    RIP Colin Cameron
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    Sad news, a charlton legend if ever there was one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A true club legend and very sad news. RIP Colin. Hopefully the club will mark this tomorrow.
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    This is really, desperately sad news.

I've known Colin a long time, and as I was saying to someone just the other week, he worked with my grandfather, my Dad and then with me. He was a kind and generous man, a fine journalist and an absolute pleasure to be around. He was always a part of a matchday, whether standing outside the press room, puffing and chatting away, or sitting at the end of the press gantry, scribbling endless notes on the back of a team sheet.

He'll be hugely missed, by his family and friends, but also by the wider club as a whole. It was an honour to have known him.
  • Options
    That is sad news. Rip Mr Cameron
  • Options
    Never met him but the comments and tributes speak for themselves.
    RIP Colin Cameron
  • Options
    Legend. RIP. Now he was a fan of the highest order.
  • Options
    A name synonymous with Charlton Athletic. RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed. RIP