Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Cameron RIP (Minutes applause December 2012)

Comments

• Options
    RIP Colin I had the pleasure of meeting him several times in the mid 1980's he was often with Alan Honey and we would compare Lennie Lawrences squad with J Seeds. I hope you are now reunited with your sporting heroes Stuart and Colin.
  • Options
    How sad - a genuine CAFC legend. RIP.
  • Options
    Like everyone else, feeling very sad at the loss of Mr Charlton. He had Charlton red blood running through his veins and lived and breathed Charlton longer than pretty much anyone else on here. A big loss for our club which must make us ensure we keep everything else in perspective. I never met Colin but feel like I've known him throughout my 34 years following the club. Top, top man. RIP.
  • Options
    I only had the pleasure to meet him once, but I know we have lost a legend, a tribal elder. Had received the Charlton miscellany book today as a prezzie, and read there Matthew Eastley's entreaty to Colin to update his magnificent work. To then read this is very very sad. RIP.
  • Options
    very sad news. Spoken to him a few times over the years, very nice bloke.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Colin.
  • Options

the words "Charlton Athletic" and "Colin Cameron" are synonymous with what has always been CAFC.

RIP Colin

Am deeply saddened to hear this, RIP Mr Charlton Athletic X
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    From CAFC twitter

"I received a lovely email from Colin Cameron's family overnight. It ends simply: "CAFC was Colin's life for 60 years." (MW) "
  • Options
    RIP Colin
  • Options
    The Charlton family have lost a true gentleman and avid fan. Rest in peace Colin and my thoughts go to your family on a very sad day indeed.
  • Options
    Match days won't be the same without seeing Colin outside the press room. He always had time for a chat with my Dad which meant a lot to him. RIP Colin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All been said above, but a mark of the man that 100+ people wished to pay tribute on Christmas day.

Rip Colin. I know a few of the Charlton family will be waiting to have a natter with you up there.
  • Options
    Never met him, but knew the name and knew the face. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    There will be a minute’s applause before today's match in memory of former club historian Colin Cameron http://ow.ly/gm6Bb (JS) #cafc
  • Options
    Minutes applause today. RIP
  • Options
    That's a good decision. Like Prague said, we have lost a tribal elder and respect must be paid. RIP.
  • Options
    Charlton will hold a minute’s applause before the match against Ipswich Town on Boxing Day (1pm) in memory of club historian Colin Cameron, who passed away in the early hours of Christmas Day, aged 76. He will be hugely missed by all at Charlton Athletic. http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121226-colin-cameron-559956.aspx (JS)
  • Options
  • Options
    That is such sad news. RIP Colin, you will be sorely missed.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear this sad news, a loss to our club for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have lost a good friend. This news has come as a great shock to us both. We will miss our chats with a man that we have come to know over the past ten years. To Colin's family and friends our condolences and our thoughts are with you all. From all your friends in The Netherlands.
  • Options
    RIP Colin Cameron...not all Charlton legends make their name on the pitch #CAFC
  • Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP Colin Cameron. Like many I never met the man but this does make me truly sad for him and his family.
  • Options
    Glad he is getting a proper tribute,sorry I will not be there today to join in.
  • Options
    Very sad news RIP colin
  • Options
    So pleased to read Colin will receive one minutes applause at the game today.
  • Options
    RIP - if you were a Charlton and Kent CC regular you soon got to know Colin, he knew both sports intimately and passionately.
  • Options
    A revered figure who truly deserves today's accolade. If only the team can give an inspired performance as a worthy tribute to a genuine Charlton legend.
  • Options
    RIP to another Charlton legend.