Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official 2013 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Cheers Chief, good luck.
  • Poker De Sivola has been withdrawn. Soll takes his place.
  • Great documentary tonight on BBC Radio5LIVE about the 1993 Grand National, 20 years ago today: The National that never was. "Won" by Esha Ness.
    Interesting things happen when the year ends in 3.
    1973 - Red Rum beats Crisp in that famous run in with Crisp leading carrying top weight and the young pretender pips him for the first of his three wins.
    1983 - Jenny Pitman becomes the first woman to train a winner with Corbiere.
    1993 - See above.
    2013 - PeanutsMolly does a Michael Dickinson!
  • Riviera said:

Great documentary tonight on BBC Radio5LIVE about the 1993 Grand National, 20 years ago today: The National that never was. "Won" by Esha Ness.
    Interesting things happen when the year ends in 3.
    1973 - Red Rum beats Crisp in that famous run in with Crisp leading carrying top weight and the young pretender pips him for the first of his three wins.
    1983 - Jenny Pitman becomes the first woman to train a winner with Corbiere.
    1993 - See above.
    2013 - PeanutsMolly does a Michael Dickinson!

LOL x2
    Fingers crossed.
    Cheers pal
  • going stick up to 6.3 yesterday indicates firming ground even with watering. Time for hunters chase will be interesting as i suspect it will be sub 5mins 35.
  • Today's selections from me:

Lunique (E/W)
    Silviniaco Conti (W)
    Countrywide Flame (W)
    Astracad (E/W)
    Captain Conan (W)
    Many Clouds (E/W)
  • Has to be said, going stick readings are notoriously inaccurate however 6.3 compares with 6.4 in 2010, 7.2 in 2011 and 6.9 last year, all of which saw the GN run in a time faster than standard on official going Good(GS places).
    Only marginally softer reading therefore but timing the Foxhunters at 3.40 this afternoon should give us get an idea of how it's riding. Must be more moisture in the ground below the surface so maybe "deader" going than previous years.
  • Todays selections;

Vasco Du Ronceray 8/1
    The Giant Bolster 10/1
    Oscar Whiskey 7/1
    Gentle George 50/1

Lucky 15 E/W
  • Balthazhar King
    Cappa Bleu
    Teaforthree
    Across the bay (if it pours)

Will be seeing my money.
  • Today

200 Irish Saint
    305 Grandouet
    340 Gwanko
    415 Kid Cassidy
  • Sponsored links:

• All out of the national Romanesco, Quinz, Poker De Sivola, Pearlysteps, Backstage, Cloudy Lane and Gullible Gordon.
  • JT said:

Balthazhar King
    Cappa Bleu
    Teaforthree

Will be seeing my money.

Where's BFT? Got cold feet?
  • oldbloke said:

All out of the national Romanesco, Quinz, Poker De Sivola, Pearlysteps, Backstage, Cloudy Lane and Gullible Gordon.

Blimey does that mean only 2 reserves?

• JT said:

Balthazhar King
    Cappa Bleu
    Teaforthree

Will be seeing my money.

Where's BFT? Got cold feet?

Wasn't a serious selection !

Getting on now, had his chance.
  • Indeed, should have gone for the Topham
  • Today

1400 - Irish Saint
    1430 - Silviniaco Conti
    1505 - Oscar Whiskey
    1545 - Cottage Oak
  • oldbloke said:

All out of the national Romanesco, Quinz, Poker De Sivola, Pearlysteps, Backstage, Cloudy Lane and Gullible Gordon.

Blimey does that mean only 2 reserves?

That is indeed the case Peanuts.

• Cheers AA, not likely to need them, though there have been a few dirty scopes around.
    Victor running for cover from the Major - cut to 66.
  • edited April 2013
    The day of the race market is now active on Betfair.
  • edited April 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• L'Unique wins the opener at 10/1

Picked it (previous page), couldn't back it as my mobile has conked out and I can't log on to the bookies at work. 10/1 as well. Gutted.
  • A nibble of Quito De La Roque e/w in the second for me (since I got to know him quite well).
    No model, just dodgy nose.
  • Ruby went far too quick there
  • A nibble of Quito De La Roque e/w in the second for me (since I got to know him quite well).
    No model, just dodgy nose.

I'm just lending you that tenner Vic....
  • JTJT
    edited April 2013
    Zarkander has always looked liked he needed further, up next decent price. backed Oscar Whiskey but that's a gamble on whether he's back to his best.

Picked it (previous page), couldn't back it as my mobile has conked out and I can't log on to the bookies at work. 10/1 as well. Gutted.
    Good start for me...

Someone tipped that to me earlier but I never looked at mymessages been too busy typical

• JT said:

Zarkander has always looked liked he needed further, up next decent price. backed Oscar Whiskey but that's a gamble on whether he's back to his best.

Zarkander wins
  • Great race