Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 2013 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Options

cafcpolo said:

So I'm putting my money on...

Quietly Fancied
    Whodoyouthink
    Carloswayback
    Panther Claw

?????

Whodoyouthink not running
    Any preferred selections for another?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcpolo"><blockquote class="Quote" rel="Absurdistan"><blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcpolo">So I'm putting my money on...

Quietly Fancied
    Whodoyouthink
    Carloswayback
    Panther Claw

?????</blockquote>

Whodoyouthink not running</blockquote>

Any preferred selections for another?</blockquote>

Just the remaining 3 from a stats-perspective Chief....(well, my interpretation of the stats anyway)
  • Options

The Major's # 41 according to the Post's updated card, still 3 days to decs (2 came out after confirmations last year, 3 in both the previous two years) so could still make it and as (worst-case) first reserve he would get a run if something was scratched by Friday am. Fingers crossed.
    If he does get in, I would have to be the only person in the cosmos who would advise Sam T-D to ride The Major rather than The Commander...................I think I must be insane.

What odds the Commander comes out Peanuts ;-) Followed by a plunge on the Major.

.....actually if the ground has dried up, I wouldn't mind Tarquinius being scratched to let him in. Even with them watering, I suspect that (like Cheltenham) their idea of Good-to-Soft is easy side of good rather than proper GS. We'll see on Thursday pm.
  • Options
    Just got on the Irish picks - good luck all!
  • Options
    Only got 25`s 5 places on QUIETLY FANCIED so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Panther claw got a place I think.
  • Options
    Liberty counsel won at 50/1
  • Options
    Panther claw nobbed that jump right up but think he came in at 5th
  • Options
    Blimey, we were looking good for a long way. Sorry guys.
    Hope you had 5th place for Panther Claw. Would you believe it, the one time I ignore my own advice I went for the 16s at Ladbrokes - only 4 places. OUCH.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Panther claw got a place I think.

Whoopee - will pay the mortgage off with my £2 each way winnings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Panther clumped 3 of the last handful of fences hard, nearly went a couple from home or would've been in the frame more than likely
  • Options
    Had 5 places at bet victor. Panther claw was 12-1. Shan't be retiring just yet. Roll on Saturday!
  • Options
    Would it be sexist to say never back a woman? Panther Claw threw it away.
  • Options
    A mare won it.....just had 4 legs.
  • Options
    Had the Claw e/w with PP.

Should my account have been credited by now ? (it hasn't)
  • Options

Had the Claw e/w with PP.

Should my account have been credited by now ? (it hasn't)

It can take a while...wont be too long though...

• Options

I think Panther clumped 3 of the last handful of fences hard, nearly went a couple from home or would've been in the frame more than likely

He'd been faultless until then. Thought he did well to keep going after he took that lump out of one of them. Certainly showed plenty of stamina that he did and probably would have been better suited by more testing going. A Welsh National contender maybe (with some more schooling!).
  • Options
    Where did quietly fancied finish?
  • Options

Last I think
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="ValleyGary">Where did quietly fancied finish?</blockquote>

They've got to wait for Carloswayback to finish before announcing the full result.....;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Last I think
    lol terrific
  • Options

Cheers mr molloy.

Done who do you think with bet victor but not sure ill get the wedge back. Only done 2.50 e/w

WDYT stake now refunded to my BV a/c
  • Options
    Yea I got it back too. Ta PM
  • Options
    .......we'll be getting a lot more back from Victor on Saturday. Bring it on.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="ValleyGary">Liberty counsel won at 50/1</blockquote>

The Tote paid £103.70 on the winner. Over £1,000 for the straight f/c.
  • Options

Liberty counsel won at 50/1

The Tote paid £103.70 on the winner. Over £1,000 for the straight f/c.
    Even better - Betfair SP £139.85

Just so you know Peanuts there is a certain Charlton fanatic who writes for the Racing Post by the name of the Richard Birch who today recommended two horses for the GN - Cappa Bleu and Teaforthree. If I were you I would consult a good lawyer even if it does mean taking a fellow supporter to court for plagiarism!
  • Options
    I'm thinking about laying Seabass on Betfair inside the final furlong (maybe 2). The price will drop to about 2-1. By my reckoning the horse will either run out of energy and be passed by the strong finishers or Katie will mess it up. Either way i can't see this horse getting a place.
  • Options
    cappa bleu for me i think. Might back a couple of outsiders nearer the time too
  • Options
    Peanuts, my dad ('LenGlover') and I had a look at Lost Glory and thought the form didn't look too bad. We wondered what your model made of him?
  • Options
    I have not got a clue .. pin time on Saturday a.m methinks