Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley returns - Feb 9th, 2013

Comments

• Options
    Where is it being sold today Airman?
  • Options

Thanks for all the messages of support.

Overseas postage: I will come back to everyone who has ordered from abroad and has asked about doing so before Monday. Unfortunately I couldn't work out how to set up overseas postage automatically, but we can sort it out between us.

Great to see so many of the old subscriber names coming through as orders last night.

No problem Airman, just make sure you save us a copy. :-). Out of interest, is this a one off , and if not can you set up an annual subscription for next season
  • Options

Overseas postage: I will come back to everyone who has ordered from abroad and has asked about doing so before Monday. Unfortunately I couldn't work out how to set up overseas postage automatically, but we can sort it out between us.

Great to see so many of the old subscriber names coming through as orders last night.

Airman - To save time and money why not just email PDFs to overseas subscribers once they have paid up, seems crazy to send printed matter around the world these days.

I am happy to take out an annual subscription etc.
  • Options

Airman - To save time and money why not just email PDFs to overseas subscribers once they have paid up, seems crazy to send printed matter around the world these days.

Thats a good idea Ormiston. Would suit me, this format.

Had no idea about the PV exclusive, can't wait. And that's the trouble. I have to wait!

• Options
    Am really looking forward to this. To be honest I'm surprised in the current climate with Premier League greed and many clubs either going into admin or experiencing huge financial problems that fanzines don't have a higher profile right now across football. The beautiful game has never been so mad so it's time for a batallion of fanzines to rise up. It's time again for Voice of the Valley.
  • Options

Good idea
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Got mine
  • Options
    Just ordered! Hope those of you who are lucky enough to buy at ground today don't put too many spoilers on here for those of us that have to wait for postal copies...;-)
  • Options
    Bought on the way to the ground. Looking round the WU concourse, sales have been very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had to ring my mate up in the ground get me a VOTV today ,answer came back already got you one.
    Rick welcome back .Always great to read 25years ago at Derby the first issue i think or maybe the second.
  • Options
    People reading it all around me!
  • Options
    A copy is likely being read right now by flashlight in a dark corner of the boardroom, with the match in progress. :)
  • Options
    Just ordered. In the States
  • Options
    Lots of copies being read around me ...good to see
  • Options
    The two herberts flogging them in the lib sold out.
  • Options
    Can Choice please be given a 'Blame Powell' column.

Had a quick read - hope it becomes a bit more light-hearted in future issues and doesn't constantly become an against the club publication. To be fair, it states that's not the purpose but anyway...

Good to read the PV review and the Alex Newall directorship snippet was something new for me to learn.
  • Options
    Bought a copy and it looks good - one hell of a lot of work must have gone into producing it. Haven't read much as I don't take my reading glasses to matches and now that we're home there appears to be a queue for it and I'm not first in it somehow! :-)
  • Options
    I got half way through (just before the Varney interview) and it is a very good read so far. I haven't bought a programme in years, but for a quid less than one it is well worth the money. Long may it continue.
  • Options

The two herberts flogging them in the lib sold out.

Got mine outside the ground at 2:55pm. Judging by the way Airman was sweating, I would say a lot were sold.

Well done Airman, Henry and Prague for your contributions, I have enjoyed what I've read so far.

Hopefully issue no. 106 will be on sale at the Burnley game!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the reference to the 'sporadic intelligence' of Charlton Life. Thanks, Airman!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Have read most of it and you can't help but feel some content is a little bitter and twisted ( quite rightly so some might argue) . It's not surprising considering the position Airman Brown is coming from. Having said that I welcome it's return .
  • Options
    Waggot's salary was interesting!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Some engaging stuff in there. Good to read a fanzine again, well played.
  • Options
    So, did any beans get spilt?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So now you want people to read that for you too?
  • Options
    Got my copy. Looks very well produced. Not read yet. Need a stuff drink after that game! Well played to all involved.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Off_it said:

Ladies, per-lease!

• Options
    Uboat said:

Off_it said:

Well, seeing as they'd sold out when I got there, if you're offering ......?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Uboat said:

Off_it said:

Well, seeing as they'd sold out when I got there, if you're offering ......?
    Hang on. I''ll just go and get my glasses...