Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley returns - Feb 9th, 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Got a copy on Saturday, error on page 18, picture of the covered end without a roof, say it was the Ipswich play off semi.
    The roof for the west stand was missing for that game and I think the photo was of the Liverpool game at the end of the season when we got beat 0-4.

Fair Kop.
    Yes, thought it looked a bit bright, as remembered that as a night game...

• Options
    Purchased mine at the hull game a couple of weeks ago. Brought back a lot of good memories will deffo be adding to my box of programmes I have stored away. Thanks to all who have contributed to bring this back.
  • Options
    Got my copy in the post, a good read with plenty of bite. It may become a more balanced read when/if more articles/letters come in which counter-claim the bites.

Ready to subscribe for a season should the opportunity arise, good work Airman Brown.
  • Options
    Curious as to how sales were doing in this age of the internet. Bought a copy on Saturday, good read........................
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday. Not bad as it had a 2nd class stamp on it!. Read first few articles on the train this morning and thought it was very good.

Don't think so - I never had any second class stamps!
    That'll teach me to believe what the wife says without checking!

Anyway, bloody good read!

That's a bit like blaming the dog. :-)

Onto the topic. Received mine in California about 5 days after paying. Excellent service and I really enjoyed the read. Long may they continue. Thanks Airman, Henry and all those who contributed.
  • Options
    When's the next one due Airman?
  • Options
    Voice of The Valley will publish another issue at the beginning of April, it has been announced.

This follows the very positive response, both in terms of sales and feedback received, to the 25-year-old fanzine's return in February.

Editor Rick Everitt said: "Many people have told us how pleased they are to see it back and that they want it to remain as a printed publication. However, if it's going to continue it needs to reflect a wider spread of views and that's the next test."

Written contributions to VOTV 106 are therefore now invited and should be sent to editor@votvonline.com, with a deadline of March 22nd.

These can include letters for Echoes Across The Valley, as well as articles or pictures, but contributors should bear in mind the potential for any letters sent at present to date before publication.

Please note that we are not currently taking advance orders for copies of VOTV106 and no subscriptions are available, but we expect to take orders for the former from mid-March.

Copies of issue 105 went on sale before the home game against Birmingham City on Saturday, February 9th, priced £2. However, if you were not able to buy one there you can also buy online. It will also be sold at future matches.

Please note, this website is under development. We will be adding content progressively over the coming months. This is just the start!
  • Options
    When will the next issue be available.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Badger said:

When will the next issue be available.

Tomorrow Badger:

http://www.votvonline.com/

First issue of the season available now

Voice of The Valley kicks off the new season on August 10th with one of its strongest-ever issues, running to 40 full-colour pages.

VOTV107 features an exclusive major interview with former Addicks defender Steve Brown, as he takes on his biggest challenge since hanging up his boots as the new manager of Ebbsfleet United.

Brown talks at length about his Charlton career, the respective managerial merits of Alan Curbishley and Alan Pardew, and his hopes for the Fleet.

Former Charlton manager Les Reed is also in the VOTV spotlight, looking back at his brief spell in charge at The Valley and giving his usual forthright and intelligent views on the state of the game in England.

As usual, Airman Brown goes behind the scenes to reveal what's really been going on in SE7, while Steve Dixon also features prominently and the Lone Gunman takes aim too as VOTV gets off to a storming start to 2013/14.

The Voice will be on sale outside The Valley from around 1.30pm, but if you miss out or can't get to the game you can order a copy here and we will put it in the first-class post on the next working day.

Follow us on Twitter @airmanbrown

Up the Addicks!