Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley returns - Feb 9th, 2013

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

Off_it said:

Uboat said:

Off_it said:

So, did any beans get spilt?

So now you want people to read that for you too?
    Well, seeing as they'd sold out when I got there, if you're offering ......?
    Hang on. I''ll just go and get my glasses...
    What are we drinking to?
  • Options
    Just checking in, Off It. Nothing much on the first two pages.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Just checking in, Off It. Nothing much on the first two pages.

Cheers. Knew it - all bluster!

Be sure to let me know about Varney's spilt beans though.
  • Options
    He thought he'd persuaded Gold and Sullivan to buy the club in 2010. I didn't know that.
  • Options
    Okay, read it. It's mostly a reflection on his association with the club. He doesn't talk about his departure last year or even mention Slater and Jiminez.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Okay, read it. It's mostly a reflection on his association with the club. He doesn't talk about his departure last year or even mention Slater and Jiminez.

Yeah thought we might get a few more revelations but perhaps PV has a bit too much class for that.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Cheers. (I'd ask for my money back if I was you)

I know for a fact that PV is still involved in football as a consultant. If he wants to retain any credibility in that arena then slagging off your previous employers in public is not the way to do it. He knows that and has a bit of class about him.

As I said before, anyone who thought otherwise was only deluding themselves. Still, it's a hackneyed old trick to mug people into buying stuff - and it clearly still works.

• Options
    Regardless of what people make of the content - and there are bound to be a variety of views - one thing we learned today is that there is still an appetite for a printed fanzine. Thanks to everyone who bought. Sales were well into four figures and pretty comparable with what I'd have expected in the 1990s.
  • Options
    Well done AB on the sales. A lot of effort goes into producing things like this, something i have come to really appreciate recently. I too also feel there is a market for a fanzine like VOTV and indeed Trust News, more than enough room for both in the current era.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Uboat said:

I know for a fact that PV is still involved in football as a consultant. If he wants to retain any credibility in that arena then slagging off your previous employers in public is not the way to do it. He knows that and has a bit of class about him.

As I said before, anyone who thought otherwise was only deluding themselves. Still, it's a hackneyed old trick to mug people into buying stuff - and it clearly still works.

Plenty of revelations coming down the track. The Voice isn't the place to break them, but I will certainly be reporting them when they come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't able to pick one up, my own fault for arriving just 5 minutes before kick off. Couple of questions - will they be back on sale at the ground, or would I be better advised to buy online. Also, any plans for subscriptions?
  • Options
    Home now. Finally chilled out with a glass of wine after getting really narked with letting that last minute goal in.

Rubbish on the TV but a new VOTV to read. Life suddenly seems much better....

Great to have you back, VOTV.
  • Options
    Got momentarily emotional when I started reading. Weird!
    Seemed to be outselling the programme as I walked along Harvey gardens and why not,loads of interesting stuff and no bloody adverts
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I was hoping for more from the PV article. It was a "nice" reflection on his many years at the club, with some entertaining inside tales.

What was missing was insight into his departure. Perhaps another time.

• Options
    Was reading mine on the train back home. Well written as always.
  • Options
    Still, a lot of great reads. Excellent tribute to Colin Cameron, and interesting stuff on the club's finances. Plus all sorts of juicy bits. Nice to have Airman Brown and even Henry Irving's Column back in that forum!
  • Options
    Ordered online today - hope there are enough left! Congrats to Airman on what sounds like great sales today.
    Very glad to see it make a welcome return, and very much looking forward to the nostalgia rush when it arrives.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Uboat said:

Plenty of revelations coming down the track. The Voice isn't the place to break them, but I will certainly be reporting them when they come.
    Please tell me you were in Dealey Plaza?
  • Options
    Good read, well worth the £2.
  • Options

AB
    Can you please explain why The Voice isn't the right place and which place is the right place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance someone will be selling at Hull ? If not I'll get one online
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Any chance someone will be selling at Hull ? If not I'll get one online

Don't worry, just got one online - hope it arrives before the long trip to Hull !
  • Options

Still, a lot of great reads. Excellent tribute to Colin Cameron, and interesting stuff on the club's finances. Plus all sorts of juicy bits. Nice to have Airman Brown and even Henry Irving's Column back in that forum!

How come you' ve got your copy already? :-)

" Frustrated" of Prague

• Options
    Can't wait to read my copy, hopefully next week sometime.

• Options
    How did I not see this today! Will have to get one online
  • Options
    Arrived at 2:55 so will buy online also.
  • Options
    Got mine but haven't read it yet...... Saving it for when West Ham are getting beat tomorrow.
  • Options
    One thing the owners of route to learn is that it's better to have Airman Brown on the inside of the tent pissing out occasionally rather than the outside of the tent pissing in for much of the time.

Quite exciting really, reminds me of Nelson Mandela getting released from jail in 1990!
  • Options
    Had every edition, but ex wife threw them out in spite, as well as giving most of my vinyl Elvis collection away.
    I did the first ever pub review in 93 I think, glad to see it back, just ordered online.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Went through this on the coach on the way home last night.
    I thought it was a good read.
    The temptation to justify, blame or even just rant must have strong while putting this together, and I thought under the circumstances it was a fair and well reasoned edition, that worked quite hard to demonstrate and provide balance, whilst setting out its own agenda.
    I doubt that Rick will be on Part Time Prothero's Christmas card list but I would imagine that the feeling is mutual ;-)
    I thought PV's article was interesting nostalgic and extremely classy given the recent pitchside omission and also helped me remember that QPR 3-3 where we were 2-0 up until Marsh stole the show!
    The other thing of interest was how rumour and speculation on forums such as these are read and viewed by senior Charlton staff. I am hoping that VOTV with its inside experience and knowledge will provide some balance and information when we all start getting excited trying to deduce what is going on behind the curtains :-)
    It's good to see it back on sale.