Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley returns - Feb 9th, 2013

Comments

• Options

Last couple of Anorak Addicks have had rave reviews btw...:)

LOL
  • Options
    Excellent read airman, great to have votv back.
  • Options
    read about half of it so far - very good and wish you and it all the best Airman
  • Options
    Missed it Saturday just ordered mine
  • Options

Steve's a top fella, known him a long time, he's also a pretty handy centre half as well!

Some of Steve's Metrogas Vets teammates have nicknamed him Miguel after a certain former centre half. Say no more !
  • Options

I love reading any old charlton chuff and that was more enjoyable to read than the programme and websites
    Not sure how viable it will be going forward cos I'm not sure how many Charlton nut nuts there are out there who will wanna read stuff that will prolly be dated by the time it goes on sale
    good luck with it

I guess its that whole point again of how many people actually use the internet for blogs etc. There are 4 Charlton in my family and I know im the only person that uses the net.. the other will enjoy the paper back version for sure.
  • Options
    Just reading my copy now, really enjoying my first issue as someone who was just a kid/teenager the last time they were available.

• Options

Update for those who have placed orders via votvonline.com - all UK orders for single copies have gone out tonight first class and should arrive on Wednesday.

Any word on how to pay overseas postage. Am awaiting VOTV in Ireland

• Options
    SE10 said:

Count me out.

Already being used as political tool

Great stuff, will read on the way up to Hull
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The amazing thing about Voice Of The Valley is we go all these years without having a copy and when we do get one , Ollie appears on the back cover , incredible , the guys everywhere at the moment , bit like Kevin Bacon! :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

Update for those who have placed orders via votvonline.com - all UK orders for single copies have gone out tonight first class and should arrive on Wednesday.

He has updated the website (see link on page 1) to include europe and overseas p&p now.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

iainment said:

He has updated the website (see link on page 1) to include europe and overseas p&p now.

Which is good - but how do I pay the extra? I ordered it when there was only one postage rate therefore I owe another £1.30 I think.

• Options
    iainment said:

DA9 said:

iainment said:

Which is good - but how do I pay the extra? I ordered it when there was only one postage rate therefore I owe another £1.30 I think.

Just saw a pm from Airman sent earlier today - he's waived the extra charge. What a gent.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

DA9 said:

iainment said:

Just saw a pm from Airman sent earlier today - he's waived the extra charge. What a gent.
    It's called grooming :-)
  • Options

The amazing thing about Voice Of The Valley is we go all these years without having a copy and when we do get one , Ollie appears on the back cover , incredible , the guys everywhere at the moment , bit like Kevin Bacon! :-0

Perhaps Airman should make it a regular feature: "Where's Ollie?"
  • Options
    Got mine in the post today, and have read the whole thing already. Top stuff, a really good mix of topics as well. That 'Ripping Yarns' piece was all too familiar. Welcome back VOTV.
  • Options
    Ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday. Not bad as it had a 2nd class stamp on it!. Read first few articles on the train this morning and thought it was very good.
  • Options
    Just finished reading my copy, great read, it's a long time since reading something made me laugh in parts out loud in public like that.

• Options
    good read. I wont spoil it for others but loved the little snippets from Peter Varney.
  • Options
    Likewise finished, thanks for posting mine so quickly. Was a nice insight into some areas of the club that I may have not known or thought much about before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got mine yesterday, enjoyed reading it. Brought back memories of a long time ago. Had a sniffle as I miss the whole matchday experience so much, and VOTV was closely tied in with all that.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday. Not bad as it had a 2nd class stamp on it!. Read first few articles on the train this morning and thought it was very good.

Don't think so - I never had any second class stamps!
  • Options
    Just received my copy in Oz. Look forward to reading it now
  • Options
    And I read it in one hit from cover to cover. Really enjoyed the Peter Varney article, he is a class act, Wynn's article on finance in the Championship was very enlightening. Also enjoyed Rick's opening article and the tribute to Colin Cameron. I see the next issue is in the pipeline and I'll be in for that as well. Thanks Rick, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Got mine pretty sharpish as well, great read as ever

Cheers
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Don't think so - I never had any second class stamps!
    That'll teach me to believe what the wife says without checking!

Anyway, bloody good read!

• Options
    Just ordered a copy - looking forward to getting it!
  • Options
    I received my copy in the post yesterday, which I'm sure was less than a week after ordering, which is quite something given the distance that it had to travel! It was also good, given that it was a bank holiday here, so I had time to sit down and give it a proper straight-through read.

As a Premiership Plastic, I really enjoyed the issue, as it closed the loop upon a couple of stories from the history of the club (that I'd heard snippets of) for me in a really readable way. As good as it is being able to follow the club online, here and elsewhere, I found that issue of VOTV to be very useful and interesting, and expect that I'll be subscribing.

Tip of my cap to Airman, Henry and the others who post on here who contributed to VOTV to varying degrees.
  • Options
    Got a copy on Saturday, error on page 18, picture of the covered end without a roof, say it was the Ipswich play off semi.
    The roof for the west stand was missing for that game and I think the photo was of the Liverpool game at the end of the season when we got beat 0-4.
  • Options

Got a copy on Saturday, error on page 18, picture of the covered end without a roof, say it was the Ipswich play off semi.
    The roof for the west stand was missing for that game and I think the photo was of the Liverpool game at the end of the season when we got beat 0-4.

Fair Kop.