Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PDC in talks with Sunderland EDIT : Appointed

Comments

• Options

get ready for a trip to the Stadium of Gloom next season

Toon fans refer to it as the Stadium of Shite :)
  • Options
    Can't see any reason why PDC is qualified to manage in the Premiership - he's really done very little management so far. It's going to be interesting though.
  • Options
    Things have really come to a head when a mentally unstable Italian fascist gets an important job in English football management. I suppose that Mancini set the template (without the fascist connotations). Many clubs in the premiership have Jewish owners, it will be interesting to hear their take on this appointment, if any, but I'll wager that there are many people working behind the scenes to have this appointment rescinded. Di Canio will not last long. In fact I'll be surprised if he even starts at Sunderland. He'll be paid off to go away
  • Options
    Sunderland can't score and fletcher is injured.

Di Canio will hate the fact they don't put the ball in the net and it won't belong before his frustration boils over.

I like him but wrong man, wrong club, wrong time.
  • Options
    David Miliband- Serial bottler. Looks like Sunderland have some tough times ahead and they are better off without him, just like the Labour Party.
  • Options

West Ham mate is adamant he'll keep them up.. lets wait and see, should be entertaining whatever happens

How would he know?
  • Options
    If winning League 2 is good enough to get you a Premiership job, Powell must surely be waiting for a top 4 club?

Really don't understand this one. Maybe being really animated in the dug-out and constantly slagging of your players counts for more than actual managerial ability.

Have absolutely no love for the man and look forward to seeing this exploding very soon................
  • Options
    Curbs thinks it's a good appointment
  • Options
    This has got to be an April fools joke ,hasn't it?
  • Options
    Short term Di Canio may keep them up, but on a longer term basis who knows as he definitely has a screw loose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will be a success.
  • Options
    There are some very strange views on this thread.
  • Options
    One of the most entertaining footballers I've ever had the pleasure to watch, I'm sure that he'll just as entertaining as the manager of sunderland. Looking forward to it.
  • Options

In fact I'll be surprised if he even starts at Sunderland. He'll be paid off to go away

If you'd care to bet on that, I'd take it! Of course he'll start there.
  • Options
    I also doubt there are any "behind the scene moves to have the appointment rescinded"
  • Options

I think he'll keep them up as an impact manager ... long term not so convinced

This
    Also this. Sunderland's form was too dependent on Fletchers goals. Can see them getting that new manager spike in results and playing a poor Newcastle side soon is going to help get the fans on side if they win.

As an aside there's a few unhappy Hammers sobbing into their Easter Eggs today as they wanted him to take over from Big Sam.

Interesting times ahead.
  • Options
    At least he'll make the training run on time. :-)
  • Options
    I think PDC is charismatic, passionate, focused, determined, professional, articulate, volatile, fickle and most importantly as mad as a box of frogs. If he can get the players to buy into his particular brand of insanity then things might go well. Can't see it lasting for too long though. It is going to be great spectator sport.
  • Options
    Loose cannon goes off in stadium...many fans and players could be seriously offended...complete knob end.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="ShootersHillGuru">I think PDC is charismatic, passionate, focused, determined, professional, articulate, volatile, fickle and most importantly as mad as a box of frogs. If he can get the players to buy into his particular brand of insanity then things might go well. Can't see it lasting for too long though. It is going to be great spectator sport.</blockquote>

Professional - pushing over a ref, slagging your players off to the press and openly fascist do not exactly shout professional to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did all you anti pdc feel so enraged when we signed him

Did you applaud the pen against arsenal or the other dimension to the play he bought to us that season

• Options
    Po

I think PDC is charismatic, passionate, focused, determined, professional, articulate, volatile, fickle and most importantly as mad as a box of frogs. If he can get the players to buy into his particular brand of insanity then things might go well. Can't see it lasting for too long though. It is going to be great spectator sport.

Professional - pushing over a ref, slagging your players off to the press and openly fascist do not exactly shout professional to me.
    Curbishley said that PDC was one of the most professional players he had ever encountered. That's good enough for me.

• Options
    I'm not getting the anti-PDC thinking on here either. Don't think he ever let us down did he?

Unconventional, certainly but unprofessional?
  • Options

Po

Curbishley said that PDC was one of the most professional players he had ever encountered. That's good enough for me.

Being professional as a player isn't necessarily the same as being professional as a manager.
  • Options
    Great man PDC offered to manage us for free if rumour is to be believed
  • Options
    Should people be denied jobs in football because of their political beliefs? Milliband evidently seems to think so. Seems odd to me. I think it's a dangerous signing because PDC has only managed as high as L1. If he keeps them up through sheer force of will there's no evidence that there will be something to build on and if they go down it's not like he's an experienced manager who will necessarily have the tools to take them back up quickly. It's a proper gamble. I look forward to him having a fist-fight with Lee Cattermole and trying to force John O'Shea to do a step-over though. I hope we secure our status quickly so I can get the popcorn out for the rest of Sunderland's season.
  • Options

Great man PDC offered to manage us for free if rumour is to be believed

So would every CAFC fan ........a cheap offer when your rolling in it

• Options
    Funny how scp is being paid then aint it

• Options
    perhaps he aint rolling in it ....and he is a spurs fan
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

perhaps he aint rolling in it ....and he is a spurs fan

i would have enjoyed the Job