Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PDC in talks with Sunderland EDIT : Appointed

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Italy, like Britain, has traditionally been Christian. Christianity is steadily, and arguably deliberately, being undermined throughout the EU in particular and Europe in general.

You'd think that if God is really so omnipotent that he would do something about it...

• Options
    di Canio's formation v Chelsea has been leaked:

• Options

Piece in the Mail today with Mick Collins' name on it, quite disappointed in him to be honest, helping to drag Powell further into this for no reason. Powell is just being used here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2305121/Chris-Powell-surprised-Paolo-Di-Canio-best-friend-claim.html

No doubt Powell is well fucked off with Di Canio for dragging his name into it, sounds like they have barely spoken for the best part of 10 years, some best friends!

Di Canio out of order bringing Powell into his fight just to defend his own interests, thankfully Powell has put him back in his box very nicely.
  • Options
    Winning at Chelsea
  • Options

Piece in the Mail today with Mick Collins' name on it, quite disappointed in him to be honest, helping to drag Powell further into this for no reason. Powell is just being used here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2305121/Chris-Powell-surprised-Paolo-Di-Canio-best-friend-claim.html

No doubt Powell is well fucked off with Di Canio for dragging his name into it, sounds like they have barely spoken for the best part of 10 years, some best friends!

Di Canio out of order bringing Powell into his fight just to defend his own interests, thankfully Powell has put him back in his box very nicely.
    ISLS not sure what Collins has done wrong here. CP was dragged into this by PdC Collins had given CP to put his side. Collins is a journalists and he's done his job.

• Options
    Just think it is unnecessary to carry it on and become more involved. Powell gave a line at Brighton. Do we really need more elaboration 5 days later. It just never stops and it's not even our saga.
  • Options

Just think it is unnecessary to carry it on and become more involved. Powell gave a line at Brighton. Do we really need more elaboration 5 days later. It just never stops and it's not even our saga.

Don't drag me back into it - I've stopped posting on this thread! :-)
  • Options
    Ok let's start with semantics... PDC is exhibiting tokenism and not racism when citing SCP as a mate ... a very different issue
    On Swindon he appears to have done the business and then walked when the money ran out / he couldn't sign more players to secure second promotion
    On the Premier League relegation battle it will be interesting to see how it pans out - watching QPR vs Wigan and they don't look much better than us on a good day to be fair
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The man is a Ledgend !
    the passion he shows for the game is what i love to see !
  • Options
    indeed he is -- you have to admire his passion and the celebration for the 2nd goal ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if it'll all end in tears at Sunderland for him, but it'll be fun while it lasts, and to see him getting one over Pardew like this is brilliant.
  • Options
    Thing is you know that passion is genuine. Will be fun while it lasts.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I hope that miserible sod Martin O'Whinge is watching. He phoned his big mate at the BBC Pat Murphy after getting sacked and did a full interview that was featured on prime time radio 5 and on Football Focus. Wanted to put his side over, made clear he thought he'd been hard done boy and would have saved Sundland. What he was basing that theory on is anyone's guess. Sunderland have been woeful under him, basically in a worse position then when Steve Bruce left. Why do people go on about him being inspirational? The lack of leadership at Sunderland has been so obvious all season. The board took a gamble for sure with their appointment. Di Canio still might not save them but to deliver a thumping away Derby win, the biggest for nearly 50 years, will give the fans something to saviour for a long, long time.
    Any suggestion that players get themselves "up" for Derbies etc and Di Canio's influence is overstated, well Sunderland haven't beaten Newcastle since 2008. The players are even trying to play and score like the great man.
  • Options
    The man is a loon.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, Di Canio is a funny fucker, game would be much poorer without him.
  • Options
    I love him sat here willing him well and was very impressed with the difference in sunderland from the last game i watched them in
  • Options
    He's my favourite Fascist! ;-0
  • Options
    Carlsberg don't do weekends.............................. :)
  • Options
    Can't stand him, but reluctantly I think the footballing Di Canio is great for football entertainment. I for once want to see MoTD 2 and why .. Di Canio.
  • Options
    Just listening to his interview on Motd2.

I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Is it even in English?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Northern Irish
  • Options
    Very good, him too.
  • Options
    Nuts. Brilliant but nuts!
  • Options
    I liked the way he included Mancini among Ferguson & Clough
  • Options
    A real entertainer.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    From the Guardian:

• Italian says he will jump in river if Sunderland beat Villa
    • 'I can't swim but if we stay up I'll see if I can walk on water'

Paolo Di Canio's transformation of Sunderland has been so startlingly dramatic that it would be no surprise were he to walk on the River Wear.

After a creditable 2-1 defeat at Chelsea came a 3-0 win at Newcastle United and a 1-0 home victory against Everton, leaving Sunderland hoping to secure Premier League status with another three points at Aston Villa on Mondaynight.

"No I can't walk on water," said their Italian manager. "I can't swim. But the day we stay up I'm going to dive into the sea. This is for sure to find out whether I can walk on water. I want to be able to walk on it."

That's taking it one step further than Lazio's manager promising to jump in the Gianicolo fountain if they won the derby a few years back... Then a load of Roma fans urinating in it.