Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

BEST.FOOTBALL.GAME....EVER
  • Options
    There must be a handicap/momentum put into this game at UT. I remember 13 having a momentum when if you kept the ball and stuff it would get better, but i swear in 14 it just decides at the beginning of the game that your team will be shit. Virtually zero movement, no pace from my pacier players and always passing to the "wrong" player. Just lost a tournament game at penalties, played some terrible team rated lower than mine and he managed to score in the 14th minute. This was from a header, literally out of my keeper's hands which normally a player wouldn't be able to get to as he was catching it. Managed to score an equalising screamer at 80 minutes but spent the entire game SHOUTING at the tv. I literally couldn't thread 3 passes together.

Sorry for the rant but i've looked it up online and have been the beneficiary party and seen it happen to opponents where they cant keep the ball and keep passing into no mans land/straight to me.

Getting a bit fed up of fifa these days.
  • Options

There must be a handicap/momentum put into this game at UT. I remember 13 having a momentum when if you kept the ball and stuff it would get better, but i swear in 14 it just decides at the beginning of the game that your team will be shit. Virtually zero movement, no pace from my pacier players and always passing to the "wrong" player. Just lost a tournament game at penalties, played some terrible team rated lower than mine and he managed to score in the 14th minute. This was from a header, literally out of my keeper's hands which normally a player wouldn't be able to get to as he was catching it. Managed to score an equalising screamer at 80 minutes but spent the entire game SHOUTING at the tv. I literally couldn't thread 3 passes together.

Sorry for the rant but i've looked it up online and have been the beneficiary party and seen it happen to opponents where they cant keep the ball and keep passing into no mans land/straight to me.

Agree with this... Is so frustrating and almost makes the point of saving coins to get better players pointless
  • Options
    Have experimented to try to understand the game better. I have effectively set up 4 different PS3 accounts, which you can easily do, created friendship links between the teams and then traded transfers between teams to test some theories (an RD approach to footie management n'est pas?). Anyhow, if I play with my original account level 82 team, my record is abysmal, players sluggish, defenders make mistakes etc. Each other new team starts off great, in fact my record looks truly fantastic and then I get 'the effect' after about 40-60 games and the record begins to turn on its head. I am in a very purple patch with team v4 at the moment and enjoying it again, but know the experience will be once again short lived. If Fifa do this again next year, they can stick fut up their derrière and I will turn my attentions to another game.
  • Options
    I'm the same, basically play until I win Div 1 for the first time on the account, then trade the team over to another account and start again, as my first account has only gone backwards since winning Div 1. Another tip is to sell your player, then immediately buy the same player again from the market, as for some reason after 60 appearances or so they become "Charltonised" or in this case "FUTised"
  • Options

Agree with this... Is so frustrating and almost makes the point of saving coins to get better players pointless
    even worse when you've bought fifa points to buy packs to get coins. Absolute con. This Fifa is the worse one in quite some time in my opinion.
  • Options
    Just found out Piotr has been updated to 65 overall, that's great potential for him if you like playing career mode!
  • Options
    Just pulled IF samuel and IF skrtel in the same pack, typical that its two crap slow defenders as opposed to an Hazard or Chiellini last week
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Just found out Piotr has been updated to 65 overall, that's great potential for him if you like playing career mode!

Even give him a hair cut , think poyet's rating will go up after a couple games like cousins did.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Shame i did not wait to start my new Career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't had broadband for a month, so to pass the time I started a career as Charlton. A shaky start, but got us into the play-offs, and reached the final against Leicester. 1-1 after 120 minutes, so it went to penalties. I figured, there was only one man who could take the winning penalty, and there was only one way I could possibly have taken it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0tod6VTw7M
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I haven't had broadband for a month, so to pass the time I started a career as Charlton. A shaky start, but got us into the play-offs, and reached the final against Leicester. 1-1 after 120 minutes, so it went to penalties. I figured, there was only one man who could take the winning penalty, and there was only one way I could possibly have taken it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0tod6VTw7M

Is it possible to have 2 different careers on the go, or would I have to make a new profile ?
  • Options
    I have a really good was to get out of a bad run.
    Go to the main menu then turn your console off and go and do something else because i'd imagine you're just not playing well. EA doesn't have an agenda to make you lose. Outrageous
  • Options
    shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Is it possible to have 2 different careers on the go, or would I have to make a new profile ?

You can just start a new career, give it a different save game name and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

I have a really good was to get out of a bad run.
    Go to the main menu then turn your console off and go and do something else because i'd imagine you're just not playing well. EA doesn't have an agenda to make you lose. Outrageous

to be fair i've started being a lot more patient with the ball and just pass it around and only really sprinting on a breakaway or while defending. Results have started to pick up again.
  • Options
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread I had a really good German team going which was very highly rated, however I got to division 4 and started yo yoing and after one abysmal performance decided to quick sell them all.

Since then I built a premiership team which player for player is worse, but now I have got into division 1. The only goals I seem to concede these days are from corners/crosses or a chip over the top of my defenders which no matter how hard I try will occasional do my defenders.
  • Options
    Doing a career mode with Sheffield United in professional.
    Won league 1 and am currently 3rd in the championship.
    At the same time I've taken the South Africa job which is quite cool too.
  • Options
    Feyenoord on Legendary mode. Had a dreadful time in Europa League but am neck and neck with Ajax for the Dutch championship half way through the season. They have some great young players!
  • Options
    Just seen this on another forum:

'This is pretty much the standard message you get after a win in FIFA 14'

• Options
    Kermorgant is in this weeks team of the week so IF Kermo available in ultimate team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen this on another forum:

'This is pretty much the standard message you get after a win in FIFA 14'

had some one message me calling me a boring cunt. I was bored so replied and completely destroyed him, telling him i'm sorry he's terrible at fifa. He then called me sad and an internet loser. He was the one that started messaging me throwing round the c word. It's not as bad as GTA V when i had voice messages from pre pubescents wanting a deathmatch. I honestly don't know what kind of parents they have. It's horribly sad.
  • Options
    Had quite an epic game on career mode at world class level. 4 games in with a 2-1-1 record, played millwall at home. Went behind after 2 minutes, but turned it round with a bundles church goal and then a ball from adjarevic was planted in from polish Pete, they then equalized through a woolford bicycle kick. But then another polish Pete header won it, although I spent the whole second half having to defend. But my first win over millwall on any game in ages (sounds familiar) so I enjoyed that one!
  • Options
    Just uploded a few videos to my youtube channel of some replays I have saved

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtrPySD5IWtKleleHD1coiQ/
  • Options
    on ultimate there is an IF Sordell! first Charlton IF this year, cant wait to build a silver English team round him
  • Options
    IF Sordell and IF kermorgant up top together
  • Options
    haha I couldn't bring myself to stick IF kermo up there, i may do if i change it. so far its a 3-4-2-1 with
    Mccarthy,
    Wiggins, Morro, Solly
    Wilson Cousins Jackson Harriot
    TOTS Bamford TOTS Andy Reid
    IF Sordell

wickedly fun team to use, tots Reidy is insanely good if you can spare 40k