Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    I find i have better luck bringing the keeper out in corners in 2014...gets a punch on it 8/10 times...probably better tactics out there but works for me

2013 u just had.to tap L1 as the cross.came in and then square...defender wins it 9/10 times
  • Options
    I play mainly Fut in Fifa 14 & IN Division 1 on Fut seasons nearly won the title but each time the Ea servers kicked me out gave me the loss that cost me the title, it happens quite a lot when I am winning very frustrating! I have spent quite a lot on packs so have about 8 good squads plus the coins won winning fut cup tournaments. I don't really play head to head much as Charlton stas are shocking, miss playing Charlton as on Fifa 13 we were awesome. I agree Corners, over the top through balls,Headers & the kick off glitch are OP so expect everyone to abuse them so if you want to win if you cant beat them you have to join them I am afraid
  • Options
    In the whole of the Fifa 14 Cousins has the joint best growth
    http://www.futhead.com/14/career-mode/players/any/growth/all/all/
  • Options
    I find UT seasons very easy, too many pace whores out there, play a deep defence and back off them, Remy and Hernandez playing up front together won't trouble your keeper from 30 yards every time.

I have a man city/Chelsea hybrid team as my first choice:

Cech; Richards, Kompany, Luiz, Cole; Toure, Ramires; Navas, Silva, Hazard; Aguero in a 4231 wide formation.

Nasri, Mata, Clichy, Cahill, Eto'o, Jovetic and Schurrle on the bench
  • Options

In the whole of the Fifa 14 Cousins has the joint best growth
    http://www.futhead.com/14/career-mode/players/any/growth/all/all/

how tall is he now then?
  • Options
    What is the kick off glitch djrdiscocafc? Fut is so fixed again, if the program doesn't want you promoted, it throws you out or helps you concede THE stupidest of own goals. Frustrating, but when the game lets you play your game with no b*llsh*t added, can be great fun. Have been bouncing between div 3 and 5 for ages. How you get to div 1 this season, I have no idea...., so well done djr...
  • Options
    Hi Pavo, the kick off glitch as its called is when you kick off you send your striker forward & wait till he reaches around the penalty area & you play a long through ball to him. if you do it right the striker is clean through & he scores. To be honest im not good at it as its not really fair so tend to not bother but lots of fut players use it against me.Gives me the hump as its sort of cheating but you know what is like on on fut if players know how to abuse the game they will m8
  • Options
    you got any tactical dips mr djrdisco?

always was a 3-4-3 merchant, but seems like i need a more realistic formation now that 2014 is a more realistic game.

• Options
    --------1--------
    -----2--3--4-----
    5---------------6
    --------7--------
    -----------------
    -8------9------10-
    --------11--------

May be negative... But grinds out 1-0 wins
  • Options
    Division 1 is a lot easier than Div 2 and 3, many of them are glitchers and pace merchants who will only ever try to score OP goals.

I have found 4231 wide, 433 (version (4) with the two CMs and a CAM) and 41212 are the best formations, but it really depends on your team. Serie A is best with 3 at the back, as there are only 2 gold LBs who are both weak, La Liga works best with 1 striker imo as unless you have a Bale, Messi or Neymar you aren't going to have too many strikers. Bundesliga and the PL are most versatile, but the best players in the German league cost a lot more, Aguero costs 275k and is the most expensive PL player, Ribery and Robben are an awful lot more.

Play a possessive game, set the team to defensive and probe the wings, cutback goals and edge of the box finesse shots are the norm for me, and obviously corners and free kicks.make sure you have a dead ball demon too, Silva, Hazard, Baines and Rooney taking corners and free kicks really makes a difference.

Lastly, don't use the second defender press option if you are pressing with your controlled player too, you'll quickly find your centre backs are halfway up the pitch and their strikers are in acres of space with your fullback dithering between him and the winger, many players make that mistake and end up either giving away a goal or a penalty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all very useful...thanks.

think my most expensive player is 4K at the moment, just used the free packs that game with the game - no intention of paying any more as that doesnt sit well with me. going to take me a lot of practice and game wins to save up 275K for a player!!!

"Cech; Richards, Kompany, Luiz, Cole; Toure, Ramires; Navas, Silva, Hazard; Aguero in a 4231 wide formation" quality team there sam.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just switched to a Xbox One from the 360.
    Fifa is so much better! Just went on a 6 game unbeaten run in Ultimate Team.

Cech, Walker, Kompany, Luiz, Baines , Toure, Fellaini, Ozil, Nani, Schurrle, Suarez

Anyone fancy playing for pink slips? (Stake a player)
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks "fixing" exists in Fifa and the game "doesn't want you to win" needs to get a grip. Absolute insanity one of my friends who's shit at FIFA is obsessed with this whole fixing shit "I DIDN'T PASS IT THERE" yes you did mate you had the controller
  • Options
    i must admit...i found that quite a strange assertion...usually i lose because im not good enough

it would be extremely tricky to fix a game in that manner anyway. against the CPU yes, not against another human

not the same as the guy who was stating he gets kicked out when winning, game hangs a lot (better than 2012 and 2013 though) and thats not the same
  • Options
    MattD said:

Cech, Walker, Kompany, Luiz, Baines , Toure, Fellaini, Ozil, Nani, Schurrle, Suarez

can u do that...wow thats cool. pity i dont have the xbox version.

anyway who wants to play against a fifa demon but a noob on 2014 add me on ps3...username is "spikamouse"
  • Options

MattD said:

can u do that...wow thats cool. pity i dont have the xbox version.

anyway who wants to play against a fifa demon but a noob on 2014 add me on ps3...username is "spikamouse"
    You can do it on any version, the loser just puts the player on auction and the winner offers a rubbish bronze player in return. Its not an actual FIFA, just a player made idea to make the game more interesting.

• Options
    DeeBee said:

Anyone who thinks "fixing" exists in Fifa and the game "doesn't want you to win" needs to get a grip. Absolute insanity one of my friends who's shit at FIFA is obsessed with this whole fixing shit "I DIDN'T PASS IT THERE" yes you did mate you had the controller

Assisted passing is pretty dubious. A lot of the time it doesnt make the obvious pass that you was trying to do. Some of the AI positioning is pretty poor too.

Its not fixing really, just poorly made.
    That said its much more convenient than learning manual
  • Options
    I have played enough and am good enough to know that when the program wants a loss and you are winning, it drops you out of game and you get a disconnect against you. I don't think it happens all the time, it is just an inbuilt part of the game, which when you go on a bad run forces most to sell the squad, losing 5% coin value to rebuild. I have bt infinity 2 and funny that nothing else in the household what is wireless internet based drops out.... It works the other way too.

By the way 5221 works well for a Real Madrid only team (less Ronaldo and Bale) who I can't afford. PSG 4141 and Spurs 4231 (Rose at left back). Had a 19 game unbeaten run a while back with PSG using that formation.
  • Options
    yeah assisted passing can be a bit suspect, but ultimately everyone's playing the same game with the same code and bugs etc so its just playing a computer game rather than controlling footballers in real life.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Love FIFA 14. What I don't love though, is logging on for the first time in a week or two and finding SIX randomers adding me. What's their game?!

Hooked on UT again, always gonna happen.

Whats your UT like? I've built myself a decent Prem squad now, and a good Serie A squad, but I can't be bothered with a Bundesliga or La Liga team, the top players just cost way too much
    To be honest mate it's pretty average. I've never spent more than 15k on a player, and I don't really play it enough to accumulate a good total of coins. I'd certainly never pay real money for packs, but I do okay with it. I'm in division 4 at the moment I think and not been relegated, so hopefully I'll keep going!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame u cant do collective group like on COD or GTA

sounds like we got some fifa demons on ere.
  • Options
    Pavo said:

I have played enough and am good enough to know that when the program wants a loss and you are winning, it drops you out of game and you get a disconnect against you. I don't think it happens all the time, it is just an inbuilt part of the game, which when you go on a bad run forces most to sell the squad, losing 5% coin value to rebuild. I have bt infinity 2 and funny that nothing else in the household what is wireless internet based drops out.... It works the other way too.

Game disconnects are just server issues/opponents exploiting DC rules, nothing to do with the program wanting you to lose.

No one is ever forced to sell squad either. Ive not sold any of my squads in 4 years.

• Options

Shame u cant do collective group like on COD or GTA

sounds like we got some fifa demons on ere.

Would be a good feature... I'd definitely join the Xbox one
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Love FIFA 14. What I don't love though, is logging on for the first time in a week or two and finding SIX randomers adding me. What's their game?!

Whats your UT like? I've built myself a decent Prem squad now, and a good Serie A squad, but I can't be bothered with a Bundesliga or La Liga team, the top players just cost way too much
    To be honest mate it's pretty average. I've never spent more than 15k on a player, and I don't really play it enough to accumulate a good total of coins. I'd certainly never pay real money for packs, but I do okay with it. I'm in division 4 at the moment I think and not been relegated, so hopefully I'll keep going!
    I've been lucky with my packs, saved up for the special 100k player pack got Silva, Hazard, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Dani Alves and an In Form Sanchez, so that paid for my entire squad.

Spent 20 quid real money on packs at the start and that gave me a headstart, Rooney in a free pack and I was laughing, having him in a division 9/10 match is ridiculous
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

I've been lucky with my packs, saved up for the special 100k player pack got Silva, Hazard, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Dani Alves and an In Form Sanchez, so that paid for my entire squad.

Spent 20 quid real money on packs at the start and that gave me a headstart, Rooney in a free pack and I was laughing, having him in a division 9/10 match is ridiculous
    Christ that is good luck! Spent £60 of my own money on packs as soon as I got back from the midnight release and got pretty much sod all. Deserve it for using real money to get them though I suppose!

Pulled a few decent out of free packs since, Suarez, Mata etc but no-one major.

Had to trade most of my fortune. Managed to make 400k profit trading IF Alaba a couple of months ago, doubled my money on each card.
  • Options
    Pulled Soldado IF couple of days ago. Decent little 60k.
  • Options
    best was balotelli if on day 1, so mad person paid 350k - have built since
  • Options
    What does IF mean in this context?
  • Options
    In form
  • Options
    Team of the week