Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    I've got Fifa now, add me: Testicool5673. The last Fifa I had was '96!
  • Options
    You literally had to be very good to win Master League on PES
    Took me Fookin ages.
    Bought a backwards compatible ps3 and playing all the old PES and GTA.
    Timeless.
    Might start a masterly league when bored of Fifa14
  • Options
    Bought it a week ago. In comparison to previous editions, I've found world class (which I always played on) slightly too hard for me first up and professional too easy. Seem to be scoring from crosses about 75% of the time - a lot of headers. Defending isn't a problem but creating proper chances from through balls/picking out runners and scoring one on ones is a struggle. Constantly caught up and muscled off the ball.
  • Options
    All reviews point to PES so far. Which is what I'll be buying again. Couldn't care less if Charlton aren't on it and you can download some excellent patches that update all kits, club names, stadiums, transfers and even all championships clubs as well if you like.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

All reviews point to PES so far. Which is what I'll be buying again. Couldn't care less if Charlton aren't on it and you can download some excellent patches that update all kits, club names, stadiums, transfers and even all championships clubs as well if you like.

Interesting. I might have to download the demo after all.
  • Options
    If any of you are meatheads, MyProtein currently have an offer for you to get Fifa 14 for £20 if you buy certain products (some as low as about £20-£25 so not an unreasonable amount)
  • Options

Ps3 or Xbox?
  • Options

Ps3 or Xbox?
    PS3. Can you only play people on the same console?

• Options

Ps3 or Xbox?
    PS3. Can you only play people on the same console?

Will add you later. Yes only same console. Which is why when asked which one is better the usual answer is which ever one most of your mates have got!
  • Options
    Just played the PES demo. It's absolutely awful again. Decent graphics but everything else is piss-poor. The through ball thing is terrible too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_rule if anyone wants to add me PS3
  • Options
    I play on Legendary and find it a lot harder than Legendary on FIFA 13. On 13 I played Legendary from the start as well, but got promoted in my first season as Charlton. In contrast, in my first season on 14 I have finished 13th. Don't lose too many games, but don't win many either. It is more realistic, and the increased difficulty element only makes it more enjoyable for me, as it's more rewarding when you do win. If you're still undecided and have enjoyed previous FIFAs I'd definitely recommend it.
  • Options
    I normally play on world class at the start and move to legendary as my team gets better and I find winning easier.

This year I've found it is a lot harder to defend. The CPU plays almost like Barca at times the way they pass the ball around the box and their first touch. Also, their defenders seem to be ridiculously fast and strong, or Harriott and Sordell are slow and weak. I think they don't scout the lower leagues for player traits as Harriott is ridiculously slow.

I've been playing a diamond formation with Charlton, with Stephens holding, Jackson and Pritchard to the sides and Stewart playing in the hole behind the top two, mainly because Harriott and Stewart are wasted on the wings for the reasons I've put above. Kermorgant is immense in the air, as are Morrison, Dervite and Wood. Its a shame that Solly and Cousins aren't rated slightly higher.
  • Options
    Started playing it last night. I'm finding passing difficult but have managed to score a couple of screamers. I'm a bit undecided about the game at the moment and definitely need some more practice!
  • Options
    Ross said:

I normally play on world class at the start and move to legendary as my team gets better and I find winning easier.

This year I've found it is a lot harder to defend. The CPU plays almost like Barca at times the way they pass the ball around the box and their first touch. Also, their defenders seem to be ridiculously fast and strong, or Harriott and Sordell are slow and weak. I think they don't scout the lower leagues for player traits as Harriott is ridiculously slow.

I've been playing a diamond formation with Charlton, with Stephens holding, Jackson and Pritchard to the sides and Stewart playing in the hole behind the top two, mainly because Harriott and Stewart are wasted on the wings for the reasons I've put above. Kermorgant is immense in the air, as are Morrison, Dervite and Wood. Its a shame that Solly and Cousins aren't rated slightly higher.

I don't find Harriott that slow, just not strong, which is why I struggle to make him effective, as this FIFA seems to place more emphasis on strength than pace. His acceleration is 86, and sprint speed 82, so he's not slow, but his strength stat is only 61, which is a drawback. With ball control of 34 (!) it's also not surprising that I don't find him very effective.

I also play a diamond, but have Gnabry (loan) on the left, Stewart on the right, Gower holding, and Stephens/Jackson CAM. But I haven't enjoyed much success, so not necessarily recommending that. I have the opposite problem to you, I seem to concede fewer goals this time around, but find a lot more difficulty in scoring. I do agree though that the CPU play like Barca and hold onto possession, zipping it around, and it can be really challenging/tedious trying to get the ball back off of them.
  • Options
    The game was always going to take some getting used to.

I still think that they've taken the mick with regard to Charlton, nobody at EA has really taken note of our progress since FIFA13 i.e Solly,Harriott,Kermo, who all seem to be the same just with different boots on!

The technical side of the game, (more noticable with spurs,barca,dortmund etc)is something that has come along well in this game.
    you seem to have more time on the ball as the gameplay is a lot slower than it has been before, but it makes you think about keeping possession a bit more than previous fifa games.
  • Options
    I dunno how people find time to play these sorts of games
  • Options

Kyle Walker on FIFA & PES... Nuff said.
  • Options

If you dunno, then you dunno, do ya?
  • Options
    Jarman said:

If you dunno, then you dunno, do ya?
    I dunno if you don't need to dunno. Pretty sure you don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kolo Toure on PES.

Looks more like a young James Brown!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Kyle Walker's not a top player so who care. I'd rather have good game play than good graphics. Also pro Evo:

• Options
    A long story short, PES is guff.
  • Options
    The Red Robin doesn't care about graphics. So he proved his posting giant pictures of good graphics.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure Kyle Walker has eyes.

PES never caught up from 3-4 years ago. Used to be better, now doesnt stand out and lacks the licenses and polish
  • Options

Started playing it last night. I'm finding passing difficult but have managed to score a couple of screamers. I'm a bit undecided about the game at the moment and definitely need some more practice!

You need to keep control of that last man slide tackling lad ;)
    Didn't score the pen as I thought it was harsh aha.

That was my first game with cafc on the game though and I thought we were pants on there, found it much harder to keep the ball and play a passing game with us than on FIFA 13 but then with the other teams I've played with it's easier on FIFA 14. Go figure!
  • Options
    surely if you cant keep the ball and play a passing game with Charlton it makes it extremely accurate?
  • Options
    This is true, but it would be nice to get some escapism from a video game : - )
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Jesus I thought that was a real picture of Kyle Walker at first glance being compared to a FIFA one! I was about to say that was the worst graphics on FIFA of a prem player I have ever seen!
  • Options

This is true, but it would be nice to get some escapism from a video game : - )

Totally. I don't want to interview myself post-game and have to comment on the inevitable fan backlash on CL.