Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy you can get the game licensed on day one with an Option file ... takes 20 mins... you just need a flash drive (USB memory stick with about 1 gig spare)
  • Options
    New pes isn't amazing, played the demo as Bayern Munich scored 3 headers all with the player hanging in the air for about 3 seconds, went back to fifa 14, chipped a couple of through balls to aubameyang and won on that too. Football games need an overhaul in general
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

New pes isn't amazing, played the demo as Bayern Munich scored 3 headers all with the player hanging in the air for about 3 seconds, went back to fifa 14, chipped a couple of through balls to aubameyang and won on that too. Football games need an overhaul in general

Designed for a generation of winners it seems.

I'll check out both demos when I get the chance, Although that might be some time away, as GTA V will be dropping onto my lap on Tuesday.........................
  • Options
    Love the demo. Dortmund are loverlee

its a patch rather than new game though from the looks of the game engine. Dont expect any radical changes to the actual game play until Fifa14 on the ps4. i doubt they will do a new 13 for ps4-just a port of the ps3 version. come on EA, surprise me.
  • Options

Love the demo. Dortmund are loverlee

its a patch rather than new game though from the looks of the game engine. Dont expect any radical changes to the actual game play until Fifa14 on the ps4. i doubt they will do a new 13 for ps4-just a port of the ps3 version. come on EA, surprise me.

Massive rip off if you look at the drastic improvements each GTA makes..
    Maybe fifa would be wise to allow themselves more time to create a game that evolves as apposed to ripping us morons off for a handful of changes to the previous years game each September!
  • Options
    yeah mate i hear ya but we gonna keep paying it and they'll keep doing the same. As with all capital markets products, competition keeps the producer honest., the best value period was 2007-2010 due to EA needing to up their game as 9/10 cats were PES junkies. Konami have, imho, slipped up past 3 years, still some good aspects but overall the presentation is sloppy.

if konami for instance produced a lively ps4 PES in say feb 2014 i think we'd see a ripper next fifa
  • Options
    I wish EA released a £10 update each year for teams and kits instead of having to buy a new game each year
  • Options
    Anybody got this yet?
  • Options
    Have bought and put a handful of hours into it,
    Feel defending is harder and there is alot more emphasis on strenght on players, Shooting is difficult to get hang of for myself anyway as it's quite different than Fifa 13.

Skill games are a huge improvement and are really enjoyable and quite tough. Menu's are slick and simple which is a nice improvement.

It's different but improved and to me It's alot better and realistic.
  • Options

Feel defending is harder and there is alot more emphasis on strenght on players, Shooting is difficult to get hang of for myself anyway as it's quite different than Fifa 13.

Skill games are a huge improvement and are really enjoyable and quite tough. Menu's are slick and simple which is a nice improvement.

Our GK kit on there this year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No GK kit and our players are a joke, but strength and shooting is great, I score a lot more deflected goals and shots that squirm under the keeper now, previous fifas would ALWAYS deflect them just wide. Tackling is great too, a lot harder for a pacewhore like Walcott to just blitz past a beast like Vidic, they just bounce off them now. Only thing that I hate is the lobbed through ball, it's still too effective as the defenders stutter as it goes over them so suddenly the striker has 2-3 yards on them
  • Options

Nope Generic green kit with a charlton badge on the front.

The lack of effort that goes into goalkeepers kits always bugs me.
  • Options
    I thought it was out Friday???
  • Options
    So annoying!
  • Options
    Another minor but understandable glitch is that Championship league 1 and league 2 are referred to as the Football league championship and football leauge 1/2 and on shirts in place of the skybet logo is the sky sports logo
  • Options
    Wasn't it out Friday?
  • Options
    Says the 27th on Game webiste
  • Options
    Is it out!? I thought it was released Friday!?
  • Options
    early access with EA season ticket!
  • Options
    What's the ratings for charlton players??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can get early access ( the full game) 6 days before retail release (which is why i can play it)

And Ratings mainly between 60-70 Sordell is highest rated at 70.
  • Options

I find it strange though that we had our keeper kits on the gamer when we were in League One.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I find it strange though that we had our keeper kits on the gamer when we were in League One.
    Think its something to do with Nike!
  • Options
    Oh hell I did this last time. Spent 30 quid on a season ticket to play it 5 days early. I know I shouldn't... but I AM off sick today...
  • Options
    I'll probably end up getting this Thursday night when it comes out. Anyone know where's cheapest/best to go? Internet searches aren't particularly helpful!
  • Options
    Supermarkets usually mate, is there a 24hr tescos near you? Not sure if they'll have the ultimate edition our just the bog standard game though. Amazon is usually the best if buying online, especially if you have prime.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Supermarkets usually mate, is there a 24hr tescos near you? Not sure if they'll have the ultimate edition our just the bog standard game though. Amazon is usually the best if buying online, especially if you have prime.

Yeah there is mate, and Asdas. What's the Ultimate edition? Is it simply a few extra packs and whatnot for UT or have I missed something? Cheers!
  • Options
    24 packs for UT and a few kits and boots for pro players I think, not too much special
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

24 packs for UT and a few kits and boots for pro players I think, not too much special

Cheers Sam, I'll get the standard one then.
  • Options
    Anyone know how much it costs to upgrade early access to full game through PSN store in the early hours of Friday morning? The system is a bit unfair, but if you know what you are doing, you can wrack up a decent rare gold team pretty quickly with early access. I've generated about 10k through buying 99 game gold contract cards with FIFA points from the EAS store and trading them on the market at 1800-2400 points. Also grab a 1000x 10 game bonus again using points from FIFA 13 (they transfer) and wrack up another 10k playing easy mode cup - sh*t boring, but I've already amassed a none to shabby Serie A side using that approach.

Game itself is more dynamic and life like this time and yes, pacewhores can't just keep hold of r2 to get wins any more. Slower and clever build up pays off. I had a 40-20-40 win, draw, loss ratio last season using slower build up and not great pace or skill. Will be interesting to see whether A patient style of play can improve that and B whether momentum/scripting is off the menu this year.