Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    I've played single player seasons within UT so far, getting my daily gifts and trading unwanted players, done the manager tasks got a free gold pack for that, with Rooney in it, bought Podolski, Soldado and Begovic on the cheap right at the start and the rest of my team is from packs so far.

Begovic
    Richards Reid Toure Santon
    Arnautovic Fernandinho De Bruyne Podolski
    Rooney Soldado

Kone, Bent, A Johnson, Contreao, Armero, Godin and Thiago alcantara on the bench

Will be looking to add Paulinho, Vertonghen and Lamela to it soon
  • Options
    Sam, you lucky, lucky so and so. Good team building there.

My team so far is

Handonovic (?), Maicon, Jesus, Ogbonna, Radu, De Rossi, Lichtsteiner, Armero, Giovinco, Milito, Palacio

Not so shabby when I type it out. Palacio has Finisher chemistry applied and it does make a difference. He scores headed goals since applying the card, not before.... Another way to extract something out of us Fifa nut jobs
  • Options
    Any of you early access gents played much of career mode yet? How does it compare?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Addicted said:

Any of you early access gents played much of career mode yet? How does it compare?

From what I can tell:

- Career mode loads quicker
    - the ridiculous 15 second substitution cut scene has been cut to 3 seconds
    - Players relationship with the ball is... looser. Hard to describe
    - Dribbling is WAY harder
    - It's easier to protect the ball with your back to the player
    - Shooting is harder

The only real difference on CM is the menu lay out. It all looks fancy and a little easier to navigate, but the areas you reach are exactly the same - except transfers.

To make it trickier, they've removed ability ratings from all players outside of your club. You have to scout them to get a rough idea. Even then you don't know. You also don't know how much they are worth, you have to guess with an offer.

However, because EA are lazy b******s they haven't fundamentally changed anything, just rejigged the presentation. So there's a workaround. As soon as you buy a player, you get his ratings as he's in your team. So save the game before you confirm the signing and if you don't like him, just roll back to the previous saved game and don't sign him. It's helped me pick up half a dozen free transfers for Charlton so far, and avoided signing some real dross.

• Options
    Affectively cheating that
    JiMMy 85 said:

Addicted said:

From what I can tell:

- Shooting is harder

The only real difference on CM is the menu lay out. It all looks fancy and a little easier to navigate, but the areas you reach are exactly the same - except transfers.

To make it trickier, they've removed ability ratings from all players outside of your club. You have to scout them to get a rough idea. Even then you don't know. You also don't know how much they are worth, you have to guess with an offer.

However, because EA are lazy b******s they haven't fundamentally changed anything, just rejigged the presentation. So there's a workaround. As soon as you buy a player, you get his ratings as he's in your team. So save the game before you confirm the signing and if you don't like him, just roll back to the previous saved game and don't sign him. It's helped me pick up half a dozen free transfers for Charlton so far, and avoided signing some real dross.
    effectively cheating, like people who restart every loss... just deal with it :)

I have an email confirming it has been dispatched today from amazon, be nice if i got it earlier like GTA did. Someone from my work found a store in croydon Gamezone who are selling already for £50 though, i probably would have got it today had i not pre-ordered it :(
  • Options
    Struck lucky in my very first pack as i got an Aguero in it. Sold him for 150k to get a more balanced team and ended up with

Cech
    Zabeleta
    Dikatie
    Kosceinley
    Baines
    Mirrallas
    Kagawa
    Fellani
    Tarrabt
    Lukakau
    Sturridge
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Affectively cheating that

JiMMy 85 said:

Addicted said:

From what I can tell:

- Shooting is harder

effectively cheating, like people who restart every loss... just deal with it :)

I have an email confirming it has been dispatched today from amazon, be nice if i got it earlier like GTA did. Someone from my work found a store in croydon Gamezone who are selling already for £50 though, i probably would have got it today had i not pre-ordered it :(
    Sort of... but then again, is it not a form of scouting in of itself? It's just another, quicker and easier way to get player information. Plus, my budget is so small, I can't afford scouts who can actually tell me how good a player is! I mean, how many scouts do Charlton have in real life? If I could do this in real life, you wouldn't call it cheating, you'd be chuffed that I signed Pedro Azogue who scored the winner in the 90th minute against Barnsley! PS I never restart. Never really needed to (smiley emoticon).
  • Options
    Haven't tried career mode yet, hated last season's player career, I start off scoring goals in pre season, Charlton put me on loan list and sign 4 crap strikers to pay in front of me, went to Dagenham on loan scoring hatfuls, come back after 3 months, broken ankle, return in April play 3 games, they then transfer list me, left it there.

Might get a chance this year seeing Harriotts stats
  • Options
    Laughable how bad we are again, Sordell and Church have the same workrates. Pritchard has a medium workrate again. Harriott is an average League 2 player by Fifa ratings and 2 star skills. The lack of research is astounding
  • Options
    I've heard PES is better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not impressed with career mode, the scouting is terrible.
  • Options

I've heard PES is better

Who said that? The bloke who made PES, presumably.
  • Options

I've heard PES is better

Various reviews I've read. More immersive and realistic gameplay seemed to be the general consensus.
  • Options
    I think fifa 14 is terrible. Not something I thought id say.
  • Options
    2 questions first why is phillips on as third choice keeper and not pope
    and second question anyone know how the scouting works my first day in career mode i scouted Obika just going into October i still dont know his rating
  • Options
    Not sure you ever see the ovr, but you should see his rough stats and his value, so you can almost work out his potebtial.
  • Options
    The better the scout, the more that is revealed. Pretty unrealistic tbh as any scout can see someone's potential in real life.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm if this game is worth buying for the PS3 if one already has FIFA 13 please?
  • Options
    I much prefer it. I predominantly play Ultimate Team and THUS far, no evident momentum/scripting. When I have lost 5/20 (not bragging), I've lost because my opponent simply has better skills and movement. It could all change after a patch, but my take would be get it as it is more realistic than 13..,
  • Options
    Crosses and chip through balls in multiplayer are too easy, and EA said they're gonna fix that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-25-ea-investigating-overpowered-attacking-in-fifa-14

Otherwise it's harder, but will hopefully be more rewarding.

Whether or not it's worth buying depends on how much you play it. Lots of minor fixes - Menus are better, some major bugs have been fixed (game crashing, pointless 20-second cut scene). Loads quicker, doesn't ask you which language you speak every time you load it. That kind of thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've heard PES is better

Various reviews I've read. More immersive and realistic gameplay seemed to be the general consensus.
    Depends what reviews you read I guess mate. Most of the reviews I've read have given FIFA 9/10 and I've only seen one like that for PES. Also depends on what you're looking for from a game.
  • Options
    If only David Forde made a mistake like this last week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFqWGOpe8Y
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to change the team you use for Skill Games!? I might be missing something obvious, but I only seem to be able to pick Arsenal players...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Does anyone know how to change the team you use for Skill Games!? I might be missing something obvious, but I only seem to be able to pick Arsenal players...

As you hover over the skill game bit flick the rs button and you should be able to change it.

• Options
    I would recommend it played it all weekend, had a problem connecting to EA so cant get myFUT started. about 26 games in for Charlton in career, Church top scorer Kerm top assists but for some reason declined a contract and has now signed for walsall when he goes on a free! dropped him for Piggott/ WBA player who scored vs Manure weekend and only signing ive made is Gnabry.

Defo best fifa so far, i have the hang of it so should really go to world class rather then thrashing teams 4-0 but will wait till i have won the league
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever got past one game in Ultimate Team, never really got my head round exactly what it is. Usually just do long Career Modes.

It's good, but I don't think it is midblowing. Certainly a lot more realistic in the sense that you can't just drift past players at will if you have a bit of speed. They really need to do some better research with their stats though. Can't believe Callum Harriott is only 53 average. I'm not expecting them to go over the top and have every minute detail down but to have a first team regular rated that low does confuse me.
  • Options
    nothing beats the old master league format on PES
  • Options
    Agree the ratings are laughable for us lower league clubs, Same as last year for Harriott? should be at least 62/63 imo
  • Options

nothing beats the old master league format on PES

here here to that. South East London Reds will always have a special place in my heart. how i got all of a fluster once i knew we would finally be on a PES game. jensen was class!!!

i think the season mode on FIFA was a gamechanger though. ive never got into UT mode but think the ability to play the odd game here and there whilst still being part of an overall division structure is class. never made it into Div 1 though, division 2 was my highest and now currently in division 4 on 2013. just like charlton, once i lose a game i seem to lose confidence and it all falls apart!