Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013

Pro-evo on the Wii had the best control system ever. Making a successful run using the Wii controllers was fantastic. Crap graphics though!

Well said mate, a fabulous fabulous game.
  • Options
    the handballs seriously needed to be sorted out. the amount of times ive got an excellent ball through to a striker and then the ball hits their hand when they run into it. SO ANNOYING!
  • Options

the handballs seriously needed to be sorted out. the amount of times ive got an excellent ball through to a striker and then the ball hits their hand when they run into it. SO ANNOYING!

Turn handballs off!
  • Options
    CAFC stats for ultimate team this year, what a joke!!! http://www.futhead.com/14/clubs/charlton-athletic/
  • Options
    That's shit. Came 9th last season and our player ratings get worse how has that worked , no one has got better not even solly or harriot , what a joke
  • Options
    Ajayi still there and Green one of our best players...
  • Options
    First game at FIFA 11 and obviously elected to be Charlton, who was me opposition? Have a butchers....

• Options
    .... finished 13-0, bug me phone battery went dead so couldn't get a photo
  • Options
    As good as they are visually now, it's all about speed. If you have pacey players and knock get a half decent through ball you're a goal up.

This year may well be the first time in over 15 years that I've not bought the new FIFA or PES. Updated squads? So what?

It'll be GTA V for me!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sasquatch said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The lead developer on FIFA said he doesn't care about crowds, and that the game engine has got nowhere near the limits of the current console generation. Because the egame is on an annual release cycle, they'll never have enough time to truly push the limits. Which is a massive shame.

I am dying to see progression. Rain that starts halfway through a game. Players getting muddier and scruffier. So many little things they could do that seem so obvious. But they don't have enough time!!

PS Johnny Russell is the best striker on the game bar none. Better than Pato, Neymar, Lukaku... I don't understand why nobody else has noticed this!! You can get him for £4m too. Whatever year you are in, try and buy Russell now. Tell me I'm wrong!

Is he the not so tall, superfast, highjumping striker from Dundee? I've noticed him several times, and thought about buying him, just never did :p
    That's the one, although he's not that tall. The guy's literally scored 500 goals for me. He rams them home. He's got a left foot like a traction engine. I'm Wimbledon at the moment and it breaks my hear that I can't afford him. He and Jamie Murphy are absolute goal-scoring legends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played the demo....It's alrite
  • Options
    Played the demo, it's fifa 13 with a kit and squad update. Played as Dortmund, put Reus, Blaszczykowski and Aubameyang up top in a 433 and just played lobbed through balls all game, won 4-0 against a cumbersome Barcelona central defence partnership.

Turned it off and went back to playing MLB 13 the show, which is how a sports video game should be
  • Options
    What's the betting Fifa 14 for PSP will once again be exactly the same buggy game its been since 2010. Having to play league and FA cup games on the same day is my personal favourite.
  • Options
    The demo showed better player physics - they have more upper-body weight and dribbling is different as a result. Some extra lighting as well so the shading was more impressive.

The menus are also new. Which is good 'cos I hate EA menus.

But the cut scenes are still the same, which is lazy and very disappointing. Also strikers are still likely to block midfielder's shots by running across the goal like maniacs. And that's unforgivable after 5 years of it.

If they still have that 12 minute cut scene for substitutions, I might never play an EA game again.
  • Options
    I would say that speed matters less than it has in previous years on Fifa 14. The passing and ball control is more important, you won't get anywhere just holding down the sprint button on this one.
  • Options
    I don't fear teams with fast strikers. Speed matters if you're playing a team with a high defensive line. But against the CPU or someone who knows how to defend, you will come unstuck unless you have a team of decent passers too.
  • Options
    I think i'll stick to Juventus this year, good mix of pace power and shooting from giovinco, tevez and llorente, passing from Pirlo and Marchisio, solid defence with chiellini and barzagli, and a great keeper in Buffon
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I think i'll stick to Juventus this year, good mix of pace power and shooting from giovinco, tevez and llorente, passing from Pirlo and Marchisio, solid defence with chiellini and barzagli, and a great keeper in Buffon

The only team I play as online, torn many apart with Juve, very good balance their formation makes them very tricky to play against as well.

• Options
    Looking forward to this when the 40p version is released over here!
  • Options

Looking forward to this when the 40p version is released over here!

I'd save the 40p & put it towards something worthwhile.....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its great online I mostly played with man city can't remember what division I reached.

It's funny when you beat someone in a tense game they send messages "YOU F""CKIN CHEATIN C"NT. It gets really serious....
  • Options

CAFC stats for ultimate team this year, what a joke!!! http://www.futhead.com/14/clubs/charlton-athletic/

This is why I'm giving up on Fifa, its just the same unresearched rubbish every year.

Cousins is apparently a right back to....
  • Options
    Pretty sure the ratings are last years.... i will be buying it for online
  • Options

This is why I'm giving up on Fifa, its just the same unresearched rubbish every year.

Cousins is apparently a right back to....
    He is/was but has been converted to a central midfielder this year.

For career mode/in game you can edit their positions anyway.
  • Options
    will download the demo tonight and full game is released 24th Sept where I am.

cant wait...october is usually a pretty intensive month of fifa for me as have bought them all since switching from PRO EVO in 2009.

think its a great series and really addictive. only play online seasons rather than UT. looking forward to seeing how Charlton are but sad to lose fuller from the team...he was lethal in 2013 for us.
  • Options
    Is the ultimate team web app back up and running for fifa 14?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sam3110 said:

Is the ultimate team web app back up and running for fifa 14?

Yes it is, I've just logged on for the first time and the link posted above are our player ratings for this year ( http://www.futhead.com/14/clubs/charlton-athletic/ ). Blooming rubbish!!!

Also the Millwall player ratings have some how sky rocket after scrapping survival last season: http://www.futhead.com/14/clubs/millwall/ Makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    Don't mind a bit of playstation footy every now & then. The latest version I have is FIFA12 (don't tend to buy it every year, as the changes never seem to warrant a new game). So is this one that much different? Always used to prefer PES, but that went a bit downhill a couple of years back. So, basically I'm fishing for opinions of whether it's worth me paying out for a new FIFA, switching back to PES, or just to stick with what I have?

Really not interested in the whole ultimate team stuff, more single player career mode (thought the PES version, "Become a legend" was much better than FIFAs attempt) or one-on-one with a mate........................
  • Options
    both demos available to download free Tango ... maybe check them out, see what you think...
  • Options
    Tango - I'm a Master League veteran who switched to Career Mode on Fifa. The real names / leagues help, but there's a lot of menu stuff that gets quite frustrating after a sustained period. The gameplay is better, and that's the key. I do recommend updating, yes. I don't do any online play, too old school for that.

I did hear the new PES is great, but without the licenses, I'm not sure it's time to switch back yet.