Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 14

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh, just remembered another thing that would be cool changing.

You literally can't score an early goal online, your opponent will almost certainly leave - and who can blame him/her? it is a possibility if the goal is scored before the 5 min mark, the match will be cancelled and the goal and the amazing start to a game is wasted. It's a part of football, there got to be a way to allow quick goals to count online!
  • Options
    Allowed to leave before the whistle so you can see the team etc. but no leaving once the game kicks off? I don't know it's a toughie, I have played games before got to 3-2 up with 10 minutes left and the connections cut out, and I got the DNF, then there's other times when I have played a whole game, lost 2-0 or something and it's never registered on the timeline and I still have 3 games left in the season but I still get the coins for it. I think it's pretty random to be honest, they have no proper way of telling whether you pulled the plug or if the connection genuinely dropped.
  • Options

The initial FIFA games had kit editors, but I have a feeling that they would not want to put it back in as it would enable us to change the kit without having to buy the next version of the game. I would imagine that one of the main reasons for people buying this game every year is that they want their team to play in the proper, latest, kit. If you could edit it you might switch to buying it every other year - I know I would.

I would imagine very few people buy the game in order for their team to be playing in the current kit...on second thought, this is a Charlton fan forum!

• Options
    sasquatch said:

You literally can't score an early goal online, your opponent will almost certainly leave - and who can blame him/her? it is a possibility if the goal is scored before the 5 min mark, the match will be cancelled and the goal and the amazing start to a game is wasted. It's a part of football, there got to be a way to allow quick goals to count online!

I sent them a message about this on fifa 12. It used to be 10 minutes. It seems they have done something about it by cutting it down to 5 mins but you still get the gits that quit after you score after 2 mins.

I never leave when someone scores early against me because I like the challenge and ive got 85 minutes to get an equaliser.
  • Options
    People who leave generally piss me right off. Why enter a game if you're not going to see it through? Also been freaked out by the number of prepubescent voices that sometimes eminates from my tv whilst playing. I'm not that old am i?
  • Options

People who leave generally piss me right off. Why enter a game if you're not going to see it through? Also been freaked out by the number of prepubescent voices that sometimes eminates from my tv whilst playing. I'm not that old am i?

They're just kids. We teach our children from a very young age that they need to be winners so if they don't immediately win at something they give up and try again. That is why all the video games have levels of difficulty, kids (and I'm including those well into their teens) will refuse to play if they can't win.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

i actually like that u can quit inside 5min and not get a loss.... because sometimes the games connection is very laggy and a true video game just cant be played. u need that 5min to determine if the connection is sorted. imho
  • Options
    addick16 said:

sasquatch said:

i actually like that u can quit inside 5min and not get a loss.... because sometimes the games connection is very laggy and a true video game just cant be played. u need that 5min to determine if the connection is sorted. imho
    That's why I think its in the game. If the connection is shyte you can quit with no loss. But its so frustrating when you score inside the 5 and they quit. I find myself missing on purpose inside the 1st 5 mins just so they dont quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    addick16 said:

sasquatch said:

I like your point of view. Fifa 13 has really been unstable for me this year connection wise, as it has been for many others, which have led to many unplayable games/disconnections - it's a tough one. The thing is, you don't really know how else to handle it. But it's quite sad, when you get a fantastic start, and almost always end up with your opponent leaving. That is also why I have much respect for people who take the challenge to make a comeback
  • Options
    I was losing 2-0 fairly early on to some naff defending, but i had started to be all over them at around the 20 minute mark, then a high pitched voice mumbled something after pausing and then it said my connection with my opponent had ended. So do they still get that result? Bloody cheap if you ask me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They're just kids. We teach our children from a very young age that they need to be winners so if they don't immediately win at something they give up and try again. That is why all the video games have levels of difficulty, kids (and I'm including those well into their teens) will refuse to play if they can't win.
    Quitting when you're behind is not the actions of a winner.
  • Options

addick16 said:

sasquatch said:

That's why I think its in the game. If the connection is shyte you can quit with no loss. But its so frustrating when you score inside the 5 and they quit. I find myself missing on purpose inside the 1st 5 mins just so they dont quit.
    I either do that or pass it around my half until 5 minutes is up. Very annoying though. As for gameplay, the defenders not being able to cope with lobbed through balls is the most irritating thing.
  • Options
    just played an ultimate team game and lost 5-4, all 5 of the oppos goals were headers, ridiculous!
  • Options
    Actually what really annoys me is when you have like 18 shots 16 on target, and your opponent has 2 shots 2 on target and wins 2-0. Though that is probably more to do with my finishing than anything else.
  • Options

Actually what really annoys me is when you have like 18 shots 16 on target, and your opponent has 2 shots 2 on target and wins 2-0. Though that is probably more to do with my finishing than anything else.

haha, i'm a poor finisher as well, but I think you only really have yourself to blame for that, as it can happen in real life too.

Anyone else not really care about team chemistry in ultimate team? My team is about 4 stars with a chemistry of only like 42, yet i'm beating some sides with much higher chemistry.
  • Options
    I just pick fast players, don't worry about chemistry, so my team reads; Lloris, Walker, Abate, Thiago Silva, Clichy, Ramires, Walcott, Biabiany, Lavezzi, Remy and Eto'o ;-)

(not really, that's yet another thing wrong with the bloody game)
  • Options
    Muniain has been incredible for me, can out run just about anyone
  • Options
    would be great fun to know who you guys have acquired for Charlton, if you've got a career. On the top of my head I've gotten Kljestan from Anderlecht (great mid-mid allround), Omar Salgado from Vancouver (big ST with skill, young and promising as well), Bobby Boswell from Houston (Defensive rock!) also Abriel from Nice (good passing midfielder with a great shot)
  • Options
    The ref to be Trevor Kettle
  • Options

I'm 23, and I'm still a kid! I'll refuse to play once I have a bird again. Could be a long wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    sam3110 said:

I just pick fast players, don't worry about chemistry, so my team reads; Lloris, Walker, Abate, Thiago Silva, Clichy, Ramires, Walcott, Biabiany, Lavezzi, Remy and Eto'o ;-)

And my team is

Valdes,
    IF Adriano, Pique, Mascherano, IF Monreal
    Xavi, Alonso, Fabregas
    Di Maria, Benzema, Iniesta

Yet that team is miles more effective, that just says it all really.
    Game is broken.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

would be great fun to know who you guys have acquired for Charlton, if you've got a career. On the top of my head I've gotten Kljestan from Anderlecht (great mid-mid allround), Omar Salgado from Vancouver (big ST with skill, young and promising as well), Bobby Boswell from Houston (Defensive rock!) also Abriel from Nice (good passing midfielder with a great shot)

Pogba and Sterling on season long loans, Mancerino (CB) from free agents and Marvin Emnes for a million in January, took me to the playoffs where I lost in the Semi final to Bolton (Cardiff and Birmingham went up in autos, Wolves, Bolton, us and Leicester in playoffs) Bolton got promotio in the end, beating Wolves in the PO Final.

Sold Taylor, Hughes, Clarke, Wagstaff and Button, loaned out Mambo, Smith, Bover and Harriott to trim wages down.

Back to FIFA 14, I hope they redo our stats to be more realistic again, Jordan Cook is one of our best players in the game, but in real life I doubt his long shooting ability is anywhere near that good. Stephens needs to grow in it too, still down as 5'7", and like someone else said Kermorgants free kicks is ridiculously low. I also think some of our players are a lot more skillful than the game suggests, I expect Harriott to be on 4 star skills, and Haynes and Kermorgant on 3. Kermy also needs to have the fancy flicks and passes trait imo, but I doubt the people that do the stats are that worried about clubs like us getting realistic traits, however they'll have Bale's stupid celebration and Neymar's stupid haircut perfectly recreated no doubt
  • Options
    MattD said:

sam3110 said:

And my team is

Valdes,
    IF Adriano, Pique, Mascherano, IF Monreal
    Xavi, Alonso, Fabregas
    Di Maria, Benzema, Iniesta

Yet that team is miles more effective, that just says it all really.
    Game is broken.
    That was tongue in cheek, my actual team is:

Lloris
    Maicon, Kompany, Kaboul, Clichy
    Ramires, Yaya Toure, Nasri
    Tevez
    Aguero, Rooney

Van Persie, Fellaini, Vermaelen, Cole, Silva, Hazard and Hernandez on the bench, Remy, Walcott, the Ox, Young, Valencia, Bent, Suarez, Sagna, Cech, David Luiz, Balotelli, Mata, Wilshere, Gerrard, Enrique, Cabaye, Richards, Walker, Vertonghen, Koscielny and Torres all get rotated in occasionally.

Also have a Russian League team of:

Akinfeev
    Anyukov, Bruno Alves, Bocchetti, Criscito
    Witsel, M'Vila
    Honda, Doumbia, Carlos Eduado
    Eto'o

Ansaldi, Pareja, Denisov, Danny, Welliton, Eminike and Hulk on the bench, Malafeev, Diarra, Hubocan, Fernandes, Bousouffa, McGeady, Bystrov, Tosic, Gonzalez, Traore, Lazovic, Wagner Love and Kerzakhov to make up the squad
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Pro-evo on the Wii had the best control system ever. Making a successful run using the Wii controllers was fantastic. Crap graphics though!

Why not find a bird who likes playing too. You could play strip FIFA with her!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The lead developer on FIFA said he doesn't care about crowds, and that the game engine has got nowhere near the limits of the current console generation. Because the egame is on an annual release cycle, they'll never have enough time to truly push the limits. Which is a massive shame.

I am dying to see progression. Rain that starts halfway through a game. Players getting muddier and scruffier. So many little things they could do that seem so obvious. But they don't have enough time!!

PS Johnny Russell is the best striker on the game bar none. Better than Pato, Neymar, Lukaku... I don't understand why nobody else has noticed this!! You can get him for £4m too. Whatever year you are in, try and buy Russell now. Tell me I'm wrong!
  • Options
    They should sort this out !
    Just played a Ut game the guy went down to 10 men in the 9th minute and quit ! Ive lost a contract on everyone no win and little money from the game, they should deduct coins !
  • Options
    Yeah that drives me nuts, on ut I scored twice in 5 minutes to go 3-0 up after 25mins, my opponent pulls the plug and I get given he loss!!!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The lead developer on FIFA said he doesn't care about crowds, and that the game engine has got nowhere near the limits of the current console generation. Because the egame is on an annual release cycle, they'll never have enough time to truly push the limits. Which is a massive shame.

I am dying to see progression. Rain that starts halfway through a game. Players getting muddier and scruffier. So many little things they could do that seem so obvious. But they don't have enough time!!

PS Johnny Russell is the best striker on the game bar none. Better than Pato, Neymar, Lukaku... I don't understand why nobody else has noticed this!! You can get him for £4m too. Whatever year you are in, try and buy Russell now. Tell me I'm wrong!

Is he the not so tall, superfast, highjumping striker from Dundee? I've noticed him several times, and thought about buying him, just never did :p
  • Options
    to mix/shower with the players wives, go to after game parties, meet celebs.
  • Options

They should sort this out !
    Just played a Ut game the guy went down to 10 men in the 9th minute and quit ! Ive lost a contract on everyone no win and little money from the game, they should deduct coins !

yeah i really dont like the contracts.