Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes is set to leave

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Odd. Think it's a load of rubbish myself, we just got rid of Fuller for starters and I can't see BWP staying on.

Unless there's some investment in strikers over the summer, that leaves Kermorgant with Smith and Piggott. Think we'd be mad to entertain that.
  • Options
    God - we really must be in the sticky stuff.

That leaves just Yann up front - with no Fuller and assuming Haynes is off.

Again, I am sure I am not the only one, if someone offered 21st next year I would bite their hand off.
  • Options
    Good luck Danny, thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    a fit Haynes is a big asset.

hope it's unfounded.
  • Options
    Christ Damo, slow down.
  • Options
    Hopefully not true, but with his injury problems and money being tight it probably is.
  • Options
    Agent trying to get the club to offer his client more money in my opinion. Agent talk usually gets published as articles on Sky Sports
  • Options
    maybe he's had another better offer from elsewhere. would be a shame as he is decent back-up when fit.
  • Options
    I know it sounded a bit panicky - but it is more taken from the general rumblings of people 'in the know' on the board. If we dont have any money, and we have one contracted striker (thats IF he leaves) I cant see how we would replace the quality of Fuller and Haynes, nevermind Obika who is no longer here. Unless CP wants to keep BWP on board. Even then, the concern is that we saw how close it was last year, and I think you need to improve to even keep the same kind of position year on year.
  • Options
    i'm with callum......chill damo! the season only finished a week ago......who knows who's coming in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agent trying to get the club to offer his client more money in my opinion. Agent talk usually gets published as articles on Sky Sports

This as they say.

Probably offered a reduced deal from the club due to his lack of appearances, his agents putting it out there to see if there are any takers, might be disappointed.

Maybe we are clearing the decks to bring in some new players?

• Options
    maybe Dervite and Ceddy are considering better offers from elsewhere too, who knows.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    a good scoring record including some beauties ... in jury prone ... somehow I never took to him .. a bit greedy ? .. arrogant/self centred ? .. whatever .. the best of luck wherever he goes, except against us
  • Options
    Christ I hope not! I have just watched all the goals of our season competition and Danny Haynes is someone we must keep! Offers something completely different to Yann and where are we going to find another striker in a similar vein for cheap? And he seems to really like playing under Powell's guidance. Although we did finish 9th it was by no means by a large margin to 22nd. If this news is true I am concerned already for next season.
  • Options
    Haynes is decent but his injury record pushes him very close to being a liability considering the money he would be on.
  • Options
    Also with no Haynes or BWP or Fuller, then Yann might decide to go to Celtic after all, we'll have no senior strikers and not enough players to field a full substitutes bench! Maybe it's best if we just take liquidation now and get Peter Varney to rename Ebbsfleet as AFC Charlton in non-league where we can compete. (was that the master plan all along?? PANIC TIME!!!)

OR

Maybe it's agent talk, could be true, could be bollocks, from what I heard there was nothing to worry about with Cash/cash, from what others have heard there is plenty to be concerned about..... personally I'm going to relax and enjoy the summer for a couple of weeks and wait until it's on the official website/twitter/one of Pardew's Covered End banners before I believe anything is true.
  • Options
    It's the wording of the piece that is of most concern. Firmly implies we can't afford to keep Danny rather than anything else. Not great news but let's just wait and see how it pans out. Certainly BWP would be on more money than DH so any rumours surrounding Bradders staying also look wide of the mark.
  • Options
    Haha good post LFE.
  • Options

God - we really must be in the sticky stuff.

That leaves just Yann up front - with no Fuller and assuming Haynes is off.

Again, I am sure I am not the only one, if someone offered 21st next year I would bite their hand off.

The season is barely over and there are three months to go before it starts - save the wrist slashing and doom and gloom for August if we are in the same position, which I doubt will be the case.

Haynes is a good player - but his injury record mitigates against a long contract, then again if he didn't have such an injury record he'd be playing in the premiership not for us.

• Options
    I would suggest he has been offered reduced terms or pay as you play sort of deal and is looking around. You have got to think how have Sky got hold of this information.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ahhh please tell me this bullsh*t please ! Danny Haynes is my favourite player.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, if you were to wind the clocks back to last summer when we signed him, how many goals did you expect him to score?
  • Options

I would suggest he has been offered reduced terms or pay as you play sort of deal and is looking around. You have got to think how have Sky got hold of this information.

Most likely from his agent.

I'd agree that most likely he's being offered less than he wants/needs and is looking around for a better deal. Fair enough we'd all do the same.

• Options
    Agent having a nibble. He has to accept playing 20 league games is not up to receiving a regular first team wage when the purse strings need to be controlled. People on here were having a go about Fuller's fitness and granted he's 8/9 years older but he played in over 50% more games and arrived after the season started.

If he doesn't then it's his perogative to look elsewhere.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 5m

Was holding Danny Haynes story for tomorrow's paper...but Sky story is correct. He has not been retained. #cafc
  • Options
    Reads like agent talk to me.

As was said at the Bromley meeting some players will be offered lesser terms. They will have the option of looking around to see what else is available but may well end up back in SE7.

It's a poker game and there is the risk that Haynes, Dervite, Evina etc find a better deal and go. Or that we reduced the wage bill or pick up someone better/cheaper.

So his agent is doing his job by putting his client's availability out there.

Does it mean we are being relegated/wound up? No.

It COULD mean we have a reduced budget and so are looking to cut wages.

OR is COULD mean we have lots and lots of money so can do better than Haynes.

Personally I think it is the former but we shall see. No need to panic in May (or June, July, August or September either).
  • Options
    Haynes has talent no doubt but lets be honest if he had any form of fitness and health he wouldnt be at charlton

If he goes he goes the amount of games he missed he was only really a squad player

Not fussed woukd like him to stay but misses too many games to say we are in the shite if he goes
  • Options

I know it sounded a bit panicky - but it is more taken from the general rumblings of people 'in the know' on the board.

none of them are 'in the know' ... it's all rumour and conjecture ... chill
  • Options
    Maybe the thinking is if we get Haynes, BWP and Fuller off the books, we can afford to bring in one decent, permanent striker who is capable of playing every week, Obika on loan, perhaps a cheaper freebie, have the kids in the background and money to spare.
  • Options
    so either we are rolling in it and welcome back Benty or we are up shit creek without a paddle and hello again Pawal Abbott