Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes is set to leave

Comments

• Options

so either we are rolling in it and welcome back Benty or we are up shit creek without a paddle and hello again Pawal Abbott

Or a Bent / Abbott partnership. FACT
  • Options
    This isn't agent talk, he's leaving, U-trun by charlton by all accounts
  • Options
    Regardless of how much money we have/haven't got it's still going to cost a bit to replace Fuller, Haynes and BWP isn't it?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

by all accounts

whose account in particular though?

• Options
    I would have liked him to stay but perhaps this is a CP decision and he just doesn't feel getting 20 games a season from Haynes is enough and the wage could be used for someone like Obika.

People looking a little too deep i feel.
  • Options
    Powell out. Haynes in as manager.
  • Options

God - we really must be in the sticky stuff.

That leaves just Yann up front - with no Fuller and assuming Haynes is off.

Again, I am sure I am not the only one, if someone offered 21st next year I would bite their hand off.

Someone forgot to take their Prozac today!
  • Options

Regardless of how much money we have/haven't got it's still going to cost a bit to replace Fuller, Haynes and BWP isn't it?

Hopefully Smith/Piggott can step up into one of those roles, meaning we only have to look for two forwards. (Obika and another??)
  • Options

maybe Dervite and Ceddy are considering better offers from elsewhere too, who knows.

I'm not expecting to see Ceddy in Charlton shirt again, I am sure he could pick up a first choice place with a lower champ / upper div one team and at this point of his development.

Haynes is decent but his injury record pushes him very close to being a liability considering the money he would be on.

Agreed, CP implied that Haynes's injury problems could also be psychological, either way whether mental or physical we need players that we can rely on and I am pretty sure that we would be looking to bring in a repalcement and not leave us with Piggot, Smith and Yann.

As Jonesy would say, don't Panic!! ... Yet.

• Options

Maybe the thinking is if we get Haynes, BWP and Fuller off the books, we can afford to bring in one decent, permanent striker who is capable of playing every week, Obika on loan, perhaps a cheaper freebie, have the kids in the background and money to spare.

Something like this I reckon although maybe just Obika on a perm deal and the kids. Don't think there will be much money to spare though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe the thinking is if we get Haynes, BWP and Fuller off the books, we can afford to bring in one decent, permanent striker who is capable of playing every week, Obika on loan, perhaps a cheaper freebie, have the kids in the background and money to spare.

Something like this I reckon although maybe just Obika on a perm deal and the kids. Don't think there will be much money to spare though.
    What you're trying to say then Henry is that we're clearing the deck for Sam Baldock?

Hmm... interesting...
  • Options

Richard Cawley Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 21m

Recently all indications from #cafc were that they were set to offer him new terms but that has now changed. Club had option to extend by 12-months as part of the terms of the contract. I'd been told that Haynes was keen to stay. #cafc
    Expand
  • Options
    Kerm, Obika, Baldock and Smith & Piggott. Interesting. ;-)
  • Options
    So we are signing Sam Baldock, Darren Bent & Pawel Abbot up front?

Wow we are going to be unstoppable next season!
  • Options

Recently all indications from #cafc were that they were set to offer him new terms but that has now changed. Club had option to extend by 12-months as part of the terms of the contract. I'd been told that Haynes was keen to stay. #cafc
    Expand

That doesn't sound like we are skint to me
  • Options
    I don't care who goes .. if they get a better offer and no longer want to play for us .. f**k 'em and good luck as well as good riddance
  • Options
    Love to keep Haynes. The only part that makes me feel i am not bothered about him leaving is his injuries.

Hope he stays.

If this is true they must have something else lined up. I think its just agent talk.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CAFCsayer said:

Expand

sorry but how did you read that from that quote?

• Options
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Expand

We are neither skint nor loaded - the FFP regulations mean that a few tough decisions on who stays/goes are being made - as at all clubs and retaining a player who has never completed a full season or anything close to it because of persistent injuries presumably falls into that category. There's no question that he can play - but lets face it the physio sees more of him than we do.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there is a difference between being skint and looking for value for money.

Would there be any takers for Fuller and Haynes at our level because of their injury record? I suspect there might be on a pay for play contract but not maybe at the levels of salary that they might aspire to.

Haynes in terms of ability could play in Prem,but for only 20 games a season is it worth it?Like Fuller I suspect we would keep him on footballing grounds but not in terms of fitness.
  • Options
    I think this case is interesting (assuming it proves to be right). Players have managed to get big money for kicking a ball around on a Saturday afternoon (unlike the old days). There is little evidence of player loyalty in the game. The reverse also becomes true. Club owners will show little loyalty and expect results on the field with players available week in week out.

How many games this season were Kermogant, Fuller and Haynes all available for selection?
  • Options
    Would be more bothered about us trying to keep him if it were not for his chocolate hamstrings.
  • Options
    Will be very disappointed if he left, love watching him play. Asides from maybe Ecclestone, I don't remember a player we've had with his sort of pace in many many years.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

maybe Dervite and Ceddy are considering better offers from elsewhere too, who knows.

I'm not expecting to see Ceddy in Charlton shirt again, I am sure he could pick up a first choice place with a lower champ / upper div one team and at this point of his development.

Haynes is decent but his injury record pushes him very close to being a liability considering the money he would be on.

Agreed, CP implied that Haynes's injury problems could also be psychological, either way whether mental or physical we need players that we can rely on and I am pretty sure that we would be looking to bring in a repalcement and not leave us with Piggot, Smith and Yann.

As Jonesy would say, don't Panic!! ... Yet.

Yes, the comment by CP about Haynes were hardly a ringing endorsement or an indication that CP saw him as a key man that we had to keep...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And he has a tatoo on his neck so he must be better than we think!
  • Options
    I think we'll be seeing fuller back in a charlton shirt next season
  • Options
    Smith & Pigott can only be cover for Yann. We need some pace up top.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

I think we'll be seeing fuller back in a charlton shirt next season

Are we gonna re-sign him again then or something?
  • Options

a good scoring record including some beauties ... in jury prone ... somehow I never took to him .. a bit greedy ? .. arrogant/self centred ? .. whatever .. the best of luck wherever he goes, except against us

He chatted with my son and I at the kids Christmas party, couldn't have been any more friendlier and humble.