Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes is set to leave

Comments

• Options
    If you read, and believe, the Sky Sports article, its says he is leaving as we are trying to trim the budget............

therefore, IF that is true we are hardly letting him go because we are bringing in the likes of Baldock. More likely we have offered him a contract that is not on par with what he wants and therefore his agent is touting him around.

We could be in serious poo again - nobody knows until August comes round. If we haven't signed anyone of note then to my mind its tin hats time...........

• Options
    Our 'policy' of buying back the players we released as youngsters doesn't seem to be going well.
    Haynes - going
    Green - available for transfer
    Wilson - hardly a massive success
  • Options

If you read, and believe, the Sky Sports article, its says he is leaving as we are trying to trim the budget............

therefore, IF that is true we are hardly letting him go because we are bringing in the likes of Baldock. More likely we have offered him a contract that is not on par with what he wants and therefore his agent is touting him around.

We could be in serious poo again - nobody knows until August comes round. If we haven't signed anyone of note then to my mind its tin hats time...........

Everyone is having to trim their wage budgets though, in line with the new regulations. A lot of clubs will be feeling the same way as players hold out for the best possible deal they can. I think it'll be a quiet month or two and then we'll see an explosion of movement around August as players realise they won't be getting anything better.
  • Options
    Our academy has been excellent this season, and Smith, Pigott and Azeez have scored tons of goals. I have seen every KSC game we have played, and have been impressed with Joe Pigott in particular.

I also spoke to Joe's dad at Herne Bay, and he said that CP would rather get in a loanee in, than play one of the kids. Hopefully, this will change now Callum has taken his chance with both hands.

The fact of the matter is, we either have to start playing some of these youngsters, or we will lose them. With FFP coming in, this would be a disaster.

Give them a chance, I say.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Danny Haynes started 12 league games, came on as sub eight times, and scored seven league goals last season. Source: the Charlton programme.
  • Options

Our academy has been excellent this season, and Smith, Pigott and Azeez have scored tons of goals. I have seen every KSC game we have played, and have been impressed with Joe Pigott in particular.

I also spoke to Joe's dad at Herne Bay, and he said that CP would rather get in a loanee in, than play one of the kids. Hopefully, this will change now Callum has taken his chance with both hands.

The fact of the matter is, we either have to start playing some of these youngsters, or we will lose them. With FFP coming in, this would be a disaster.

Give them a chance, I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-RIBnba8
  • Options
    I think Haynes will still be here next season. Also I thought he'd scored 7 goals this season not the 3 posted above?
  • Options

Nothing wrong with him as a player but he is rarely fit.

No point in retaining a player who is only available 30% of the time. Harsh but true and Fuller would be a much better option as a bench/impact option.

Also worried about the Bent Abbot concept- something too Catholic and pervy about it for my taste. Could impact on ticket sales in the family sections too.
  • Options
    Makes sense moving him out ...allows us space to bring Rooney in...
  • Options
    EssexAl's right, despite all his pace and "premiership ability" Shittu absolutely bossed him at The Valley, Haynes bottled it! I like him, and he produced some moments of magic (as did Fuller) this season, but you can't pay decent money for bit part players who spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Have no idea about his mental state, but it's unusual to see a player break down in tears after pulling their hamstring for the 100th time. I'd like him to stay, but would settle for someone who can stay fit all season and forge some kind of partnership with Yann...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Decent player but too often unavailable. Will be remembered for flashes of excellence but also a dismal performance against Millwall.

If we have plenty of money then players who are either better than DH or of a similar standard but more consistently available, or better and more constantly available, can be bought. If monies too tight to mention then funds would be better spent on players who can play the whole season. On this basis, I don't think his departure should necessarily mean we have a problem.

A positive that may be drawn, is that if we have given AH a new contract but not DH one, CP might feel that AH will play a significant amount of games next year.

If DH has a contract offer but is holding out for more money, he would do well to remember Michael Stewart.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I think Haynes will still be here next season. Also I thought he'd scored 7 goals this season not the 3 posted above?

Something like that. Off the top of my head he scored against Burnley, Bristol City, Derby, Leicester and Peterborough, then definitely a couple more.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Something like that. Off the top of my head he scored against Burnley, Bristol City, Derby, Leicester and Peterborough, then definitely a couple more.
    correct, stats for last year were 20 appearances 7 goals (yours plus Cardiff home and Ipswich away)
  • Options
    Danny Hayne's stats for 2012/13 season.

20 Appearances and 7 goals including substitute appearances. Clearly Championship standard when fit, but it's the when fit bit the is the problem, although he did say at the player of the year dinner that he has a bunch of exercises to work on over the summer which he was confident would help him prevent hamstring injuries.

Maybe the club have become aware that a player they think would be an improvement has become available and they are keeping their powder dry with Haynes until they have pursued the other player. Haynes is very decent but not irreplaceable.
  • Options

Decent player but too often unavailable. Will be remembered for flashes of excellence but also a dismal performance against Millwall.

If we have plenty of money then players who are either better than DH or of a similar standard but more consistently available, or better and more constantly available, can be bought. If monies too tight to mention then funds would be better spent on players who can play the whole season. On this basis, I don't think his departure should necessarily mean we have a problem.

A positive that may be drawn, is that if we have given AH a new contract but not DH one, CP might feel that AH will play a significant amount of games next year.

If DH has a contract offer but is holding out for more money, he would do well to remember Michael Stewart.

Really? The entire team played badly against Millwall, and Haynes was up against the monster Shittu, who has kept many strikers quiet this season. I think you're being a bit harsh there.
  • Options
    In the last part of the season when we went 8 unbeatean or whatever, winning a lot of game, basically in good form, all the players that have been released hardly featured (minus Fuller who was always going to go anyway). Does that not show we're getting rid of the dead wood and making space for better talent to fill the gaps?
  • Options
    cafcjoe said:

In the last part of the season when we went 8 unbeatean or whatever, winning a lot of game, basically in good form, all the players that have been released hardly featured (minus Fuller who was always going to go anyway). Does that not show we're getting rid of the dead wood and making space for better talent to fill the gaps?

I thought that too.
  • Options
    Nug said:

a good scoring record including some beauties ... in jury prone ... somehow I never took to him .. a bit greedy ? .. arrogant/self centred ? .. whatever .. the best of luck wherever he goes, except against us

He chatted with my son and I at the kids Christmas party, couldn't have been any more friendlier and humble.

Totally with you on this, Nug. Very friendly young man IMHO ( please don't take that the wrong way !) and in no way comes across as arrogant or " up himself ".

When I spoke to him at POTY about his summer, he said he was due to report back to SL in June and had a couple of breaks arranged before then.

However, when I was given the initial list of players who would attend the event, his name was NOT included, along with Fuller, Evina & Taylor although I was advised that there could be additions. The thinking behind this was that should players be released prior to the dinner, they were unlikely to attend ( totally understand this reasoning and we did have a couple opting out the previous year ) However, SCP told me at the SS evening that ALL the players would be attending as he wasn't discussing contracts until the following week.

The above excluded BWP ( still involved in Play Offs) plus Sully and Mambo who had been released "early".

Not sure what to think about the rumour of Danny leaving but can understand where everyone on here is coming from. No doubt we'll have something confirmed before too long but want to wish him all thhe best wherever he plays next season.

• Options
    Confirmed as released by club's twitter account.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to keep him his goal against Derby proved he has quality but on the other hand his hammies are a real problem
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Are we gonna re-sign him again then or something?

I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised by a compromise from both sides. We go up a little after reducing the wage bill with a few releases and sales, he accepts a lower wage than this year.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not to pleased with that unless we have a decent replacement lined up, only left with Yann up top at the moment unless BWP does get another year.
  • Options
    So now we have one first team striker in yann?? Pigott and smith haven't played in the championship and seem to be similar to yann in the way they play. I can only see us loaning obika back for a season and not relying on youngsters who may not be up to it just yet
  • Options
    Disappointed but there must be good reason. Maybe he needs a non urgent operation that will keep him out for a while. Or maybe his wages are too high.
  • Options

So now we have one first team striker in yann?? Pigott and smith haven't played in the championship and seem to be similar to yann in the way they play. I can only see us loaning obika back for a season and not relying on youngsters who may not be up to it just yet

I know I've not seen Pigott play and only seen Smith in 2 matches (cup game last season when he came on as a sub & a cup game this season) but I would hardly put them in Yann's category and would think they would need to beef up a bit before they took on his role.

I think its going to be a long long summer.................
  • Options
    What it says is that we are not going to take up the option which is on more money than we are willing to commit to a player with injury problems. We could still come to an agreement for less money.

I guess he now had his agent see what else is out there then he comes back to negotiate with us, or he doesn't.
  • Options

I meant in terms of the aerial ability they have, I mean obviously they aren't going to Be in yann's category of class. I agree that it will be a long summer unless we have money to spend which is very unlikely

I know I've not seen Pigott play and only seen Smith in 2 matches (cup game last season when he came on as a sub & a cup game this season) but I would hardly put them in Yann's category and would think they would need to beef up a bit before they took on his role.

I think its going to be a long long summer.................
  • Options
    I remember reading Gary Nelson's book "Left foot forward" where he tells about the nature of a footballer's contract - I'm sure he said that when a players contract was up & a club was going to offer them a new one, that it couldn't be less than the one that had just expired...........

I may be wrong and things may have changed over the last 15 years, but if not then this may the the reason why we are letting many players go - hoping that we pick up replacements on lesser ones.
  • Options
    Talking exclusively to www.cafc.co.uk, the Addicks boss revealed that it was a tough decision to let the former Ipswich Town and Bristol City man leave the club.

“After weighing up all aspects of the deal, it’s with regret that we’ve reached this decision, and we wish Danny all the best,” said Chris.

“Some of his goals last season were outstanding, and the one against Derby at home was the players’ favourite of last season, but we have to take everything into account when considering new deals.”