Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes is set to leave

Comments

• Options
    Deep breath everyone. We just don't know what CP has been told about the transfer and wages budget next season. Whatever it is, I am confident that CP will construct a competitive squad, and hopefully incorporate 2 or 3 of the U21s, with fewer chronic injury prone players. 100% support, 100% confidence.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 'bigger' name striker that we've been linked with in the past that came in.
  • Options
    heskey?
  • Options
    Kezman
  • Options

maybe he's had another better offer from elsewhere. would be a shame as he is decent back-up when fit.

player
  • Options
    If indeed he is off then it is still too early to be panicking. There are a number of interpretations of this. I generally find that Sky Sports hear the story and then infer the reason from there without too much evidence. It's not uncommon to hear that a player is leaving a club because of a row with the manager only to find out later that he left to be closer to his family and all Sky had to go on was 'personal reasons'. Another way of looking at it is Danny Haynes' agent has generated the story in order to get other teams looking. In that case if you're his agent what do you go with; Danny Haynes released as Charlton don't feel his injury record stands up against what they're paying, or Danny Hayens leaving as Charlton are broke? Only one of those stories makes oyur client look worth signing. I'd be disappointed if he went as I feel he really showed some top quality stuff this season. He was injured a lot though so you'd certainly understand if the management decided to let him go in pursuit of more value in that position
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Plaaayer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 'bigger' name striker that we've been linked with in the past that came in.

Robert Lewandowski has a big name........ or Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink?
  • Options
    kanu
  • Options
    Who will take Haynes with his injury record, which got no btter this year with us.
    When he did play was good , but any new club will look at the when he did play.
    I believe that Charlton have shown great support to Haynes and I hope he recognises that when contract time comes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Davo55 said:

Deep breath everyone. We just don't know what CP has been told about the transfer and wages budget next season.

Same budget as Rochdale.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

You tease. Spill your beans player.
  • Options
    Agent talk. Has he impressed? His hamstrings haven't impressed me.
  • Options
    Kermorgant, Obika, Vaughan and Smith would be fine for me. Fuller and Haynes out is fine if we can bring in those 2
  • Options
    Baldock?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Fernando Morientes
  • Options
    rooooooney
  • Options
    Good enough player, but always injured and completely bottled it up against Danny Shittu. No major problem for me if he has gone!
  • Options
    Darren Bent? In my dreams

Big Daz and Kerm Upfront - how good would that be
  • Options
    That young striker at Orient might be worth signing
  • Options
    Sad to see him go if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That young striker at Orient might be worth signing

He'll be 35 later this year hard as it is to believe!

Always a youngster to me.

• Options
    He was good when fit, the problem is that wasn't very often. Unless there is anything to suggest that his hamstrings have magically improved then the £4/5k a week we'd be paying for nine or ten games a season wouldn't look like a good investment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Charlton Athletic 2011–12 League One 14 games 2 goals
    2012–13 Championship 6 games 3 goals
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Good enough player, but always injured and completely bottled it up against Danny Shittu. No major problem for me if he has gone!

I don't think he was fit that day, was rushed back. Haynes is quality, I'd like to keep him then replace Fuller with someone a bit less injury prone.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    For me it is about how regularly he will play for the money he costs us and the place in the squad that could be taken by someone else.

He has been suffering from one injury after another one for most of his career. I'm not sure that his exit from other clubs hasn't been, in part, due to his injury record.

If we are serious about promotion then our best striker needs to play many more games in a season than Haynes has managed for most of his career.

I don't, necessarily, see this as a financial issue at all.
  • Options

If we are serious about promotion then our best striker needs to play many more games in a season that Haynes has manages for most of his career.

fair point
  • Options
    Shame if he is leaving looked like he finally found somewhere he could settle down and perform to his potential but his injuries hold him back.

Hopefully means we have something lined up
  • Options
    Will sign for Millwall and get 15-20 goals next season
  • Options

This shows all you need to know about the real situation with danny

He is a great lad who has bags of talent and i hope he dont go but he is not first choice he is not even second choice with stats like that
  • Options

Didn't realise he'd played so few games this season. The 2011-12 figure doesn't tell the full story though as he only joined in January.