Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth Away - Tickets *NO MORE BEING MADE AVAILABLE*

15678911»

Comments

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Surely the club knew we would sell them out though?

Maybe they are missing a bit of experience and the knowledge to make that call eh?
    I think head of commercial Dave Archer is pretty well up on how to sell tickets. With all due respect lets not pretend that Mr Everitt did every job at the ground.
  • Options
    Bournemouth Addick - check your inbox
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, I'd be surprised if we hadn't have taken another 500, given the option.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Another 500 we would of sold i think as i think a few people would of jumped on as trains are still quite cheap, i dont think another 1000 would of though as the game is next weekend.
  • Options
    Bloody hell - I thought we still had another month before it kicked off.
  • Options
    Has anyone bought tickets in the home end? Weighing up whether to get some in the new south stand behind the goal. Does anyone know what the chances are of any spares turning up on here or any returns at the ticket office/on the day?
  • Options
    I would just go on there Romsey think there is a few that have tickets for home areas, all about supply and demand, something i think Bournemouth will have to get used to this season, personally if i was them i would have given the away fans the stand behind the goal. More seats, less agro with segregation, that would be the logic, but there is no logic when it comes to money in football.
  • Options
    I know, it seems as if they might even be left unsold because you can't book the other half of the new stand on their website, which is ridiculous as we could have almost certainly sold another 500. I think i'll hold off until the end of the week in the hope that something else materialises but worst case is I'll be in the home end.
  • Options
    I have tickets for home end.
  • Options
    Anyone got two adult tickets for away end but cannot now go? Have transport/hotel booked but no tickets! Will arrange collection/payment at your convenience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure Bournemouth are well aware there will be lots of Addicks trying to get tickets in the home ends. Provided you keep yourself to yourself you should be fine.
  • Options
    Out of interest how many did Bournemouth allocate you and which stand is it, last time I went there it was only three sides and we were in the corner.
  • Options
    1,500 in the stand beside the goal. I reckon we could have shifted almost double that if we had the allocation but that's the way it goes and the ticket distribution system was pretty fair.
  • Options
    Have they built a new stand then? and is that the stand capacity 1500?

• Options
    New stand behind goal is for home supporters depending on who they're playing.
  • Options

When the tickets were put on sale the new stand wasn't complete. Our away allocation is in the stand alongside the pitch, I assume that from after our game away fans will be in the stand behind the goal.
  • Options
    How long does it take you guys from South London to get to B'mouth?
  • Options
    Oooh a train question, you're getting to know us well !

Most of the grounds on the South Coast are about 1.5/2hrs away and the trains are direct from Waterloo which is convenient for SE London.
  • Options
    Up to 3 hours by car. It's like Owls playing at Blackpool but a bit quicker by train. Except Bournemouth is a bit posher !
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    DRF said:

J BLOCK said:

Maybe they are missing a bit of experience and the knowledge to make that call eh?
    I think head of commercial Dave Archer is pretty well up on how to sell tickets. With all due respect lets not pretend that Mr Everitt did every job at the ground.
    Well, no, but I did do that job very specifically over a number of years and because I travel away and sit among other supporters home and away I tended to be in a better place to judge, as I'm sure Dave would acknowledge.

In the end though it's a financial decison if you are asked to pay, as I understand happened with Brighton in April, and the club won't currently take on any risk at all, so I expect the outcome would have been the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So just to be clear, it looks like we could have had more tickets for Bournemouth had Charlton bought them upfront, but the club rejected this ?

And the same thing occurred for Brighton away last year ?
  • Options

Believe that it is 2500K
  • Options

DRF said:

J BLOCK said:

Well, no, but I did do that job very specifically over a number of years and because I travel away and sit among other supporters home and away I tended to be in a better place to judge, as I'm sure Dave would acknowledge.

In the end though it's a financial decison if you are asked to pay, as I understand happened with Brighton in April, and the club won't currently take on any risk at all, so I expect the outcome would have been the same.
    Thanks for the clarification Airman. I thought that was the case and (finances aside) it is another good example of the skills and knowledge currently being divested by the club.
  • Options

So just to be clear, it looks like we could have had more tickets for Bournemouth had Charlton bought them upfront, but the club rejected this ?

If this is the case the club is out of order. Or maybe we couldn't afford to stump up the cash.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Hope Bournemouth don't sell out then.. why would they be no returns ?? Better to give travelling sides a reasonable allocation than have individuals littered around home areas. Or conversely Charlton should canvass interest with a refundable deposit if we don't make the required number. There have to be better ways, surely ?