Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth Away - Tickets *NO MORE BEING MADE AVAILABLE*

Comments

• Options
    HandG said:

For those who can't get tickets, a polite reminder that to join Valley Gold is the price of a couple of pints each month and, as well as being invested into the future of the club, also saves you not being left behind for popular away games. What's not to like?

You probably already knew that though....

Does that mean one can join on the phone and buy the tickets then? Or is it too late to buy tickets for this game now?
  • Options
    HandG said:

For those who can't get tickets, a polite reminder that to join Valley Gold is the price of a couple of pints each month and, as well as being invested into the future of the club, also saves you not being left behind for popular away games. What's not to like?

You probably already knew that though....

But remember the club want three months up front first and you can only do a bacs transfer as they don't take card payments..
  • Options
    Quick question, how many tickets can you get with one s/t that went to over 4 away games last year?
    How many can you buy with a s/t with no away match history? Cheers
  • Options
    agim said:

Quick question, how many tickets can you get with one s/t that went to over 4 away games last year?
    How many can you buy with a s/t with no away match history? Cheers

1 and 0
  • Options
    So are tickets on sale to season ticket holders the same day they're on general sale?
  • Options
    No tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders next Monday. Given the demand today i can a sell out by Thursday/ Friday lunchtime.
  • Options
    agim said:

So are tickets on sale to season ticket holders the same day they're on general sale?

From Tuesday, places will be on restricted sale for the contest at Bournemouth’s Goldsands Stadium on Saturday, August 13th (3pm).

The Addicks have been allocated 1,447 places, priced £22 adults, £12 over 65s, U16s and students. Ambulant disabled tickets are £12, helpers are £12 and wheelchair spaces are £3 (including a free helper).

From Tuesday, five-year VIP season-ticket holders and Valley Gold season-ticket holders will be able to buy up to two tickets apiece, while season-ticket holders who bought places to four away games in 2012/13 can buy up to the minimum number purchased for all four games).

From Monday, July 15th, eligibility will be extended to all season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members, who can buy up to two tickets apiece, plus Red Card members who bought places to four away games in 2012/13 (who can buy up to the minimum number purchased for all four games).

Should any tickets remain, they are due to go on general sale on Friday, July 19th, when places would be able to buy online.
  • Options
    I wpould love to go especially as my girlfriends dad lives right near the ground but as i am not in valley gold i don"t expect to get a ticket. Thats ok to some extent, but what i have a problem with is allowing people to have 2 tickets each. That allows people to bring friends, partners etc that may not be season ticket holders whereas many of us that are will miss out. Surely given such a small ticket allocation it should have been restricted to one each?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In my case I go to away games with a few mates and I usually get the tickets as I'm office based easier etc and I book the trains, last season I bought 2 tickets to 11 away games so in my case I think I'm quite justified in having 2 tickets, but I do sympathise with people that usually buy 1 ticket being allowed 2, as iv now got 4 friends who have train travel booked and ATM no match ticket and it doesn't look likely that well get them, does anyone know if there's any real chance of extra allocation?
  • Options
    Away fans are located on one side of the East Stand, which is situated at one side of the pitch. The normal allocation for this area is 1,500 seats, but this can be increased to 2,000 if required. The stand is shared with home supporters and offers a good view of the playing action. The facilities are okay a normally there is a good atmosphere. I had a fairly relaxing visit to the stadium with no problems experienced.

From football ground guide hopefully we get the 2000
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I think there is a chance of extra PH. But it wouldn't stop me going anyway.Without sounding horrible to our support With these popular day tripper games there is very little difference sitting in the home end anyway.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

I wpould love to go especially as my girlfriends dad lives right near the ground but as i am not in valley gold i don"t expect to get a ticket. Thats ok to some extent, but what i have a problem with is allowing people to have 2 tickets each. That allows people to bring friends, partners etc that may not be season ticket holders whereas many of us that are will miss out. Surely given such a small ticket allocation it should have been restricted to one each?

You get as many tickets as the number you brought to 4 aways last season. So if someone took 4 to Peterborough, Huddersfield, Brighton etc then you presume they'd also likely to want to go to the first game of the season.

Ticketing seems fair enough to me, I still remember the Swindon play off away game when they had no restrictions
  • Options
    Why dont fan just join valley gold as your supporting the youth team for chalton and then you can stop moaning about not getting a ticket. Both me and my dad are valley gold member and we got one ticket each for bornmouth so i fill there is lots of moaning going on about not getting tickets
  • Options
    All i am questioning is the fairness of some people getting tickets who may have no connection with the club but simply know a vg member. Fair enough that some people have prefernces but it should be for them only not guests.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

All i am questioning is the fairness of some people getting tickets who may have no connection with the club but simply know a vg member. Fair enough that some people have prefernces but it should be for them only not guests.

I doubt many of the people have "no connection to the club".

It's not a perfect system but it does give preference to those who've either put money in upfront (VIPs and VG) or who go away on a regular basis and have a record of that.

Allowing just one ticket per person means that people like me who are VIPs, VG and have done four aways last season can't buy a ticket for my 14 year old son in the first round even though he is a ST holder and did some aways as well.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

I benefit from these rules, but I do agree. I can't see why S/T holders, VG & VIPs should get more than 1.
    Although, perhaps I can, as it will encourage the take up rate.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Aren't you a S/T holder, that went to 4 aways last season ?
  • Options
    Agreed, it could be seen to be a bit harsh but as Henry says, hardly anyone has no connection with the club (it's hardly a wembley day out). If you've paid your money into schemes or spend it on a ST and regularly travel you should have no probs.

Is also the thought that if you are a season ticket holder that hasn't been to many aways then maybe you are unlikely to travel anyway, so as CE says they do it to encourage take up?

The flip side is not all have money, time or ability to buy a ST or regularly travel away which although disappointing doesn't mean that someone that has shouldn't take their child for instance.
  • Options

philcafc said:

I doubt many of the people have "no connection to the club".

It's not a perfect system but it does give preference to those who've either put money in upfront (VIPs and VG) or who go away on a regular basis and have a record of that.

Allowing just one ticket per person means that people like me who are VIPs, VG and have done four aways last season can't buy a ticket for my 14 year old son in the first round even though he is a ST holder and did some aways as well.
    Presumably if your lad did 4 aways last season though he'd have that on his membership so you wouldn't need the allowance for 2 anyway?

Ive got my tickets but I think the point he's making is that the additional ticket for VG holders allows them to bring one of their mates (charlton fan or otherwise) who could well not have been to a game for a year but just fancies the bender down in Bournemouth. I am sure there are loads in that boat - I wouldve got two extras for non- charlton mates who wanted to come if I could have. Which would be unfair on others.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

philcafc said:

I benefit from these rules, but I do agree. I can't see why S/T holders, VG & VIPs should get more than 1.
    Although, perhaps I can, as it will encourage the take up rate.
    The logic as Henry implies is that U18s can't be Valley Gold or five-year season ticket holders. Initially the second ticket had to be an U18, but people would buy it and then try to exchange it for an adult later, which was very messy as CAFC can't reprint other clubs' tickets. One each would stop these groups buying with their kids, because if they bought the extra ticket later they couldn't sit together.

You'd need to look at the numbers sold to each group within the top priority to know how big an issue this is - my guess is that more than half are going to STs with an away purchase history, which I think is fair enough.

The system needs to work in a way that is sensible if the club overestimates demand, so that the eventual outcome is reasonable in any event. Otherwise there will be a reluctance to operate it in marginal cases and that will lead to the club creating unnecessary problems, I.e not putting it in place when it is needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Errrm, are the tickets sold out already?
  • Options
    It does seem a bit bonkers that in the first, tightest round of ticket sales, tickets could 'potentially' go to non-fans, and theoretically 700 of them. Of course that is never going to be the case, but even if its just 20-30, its still no fully fair.

I've always thought the simplest, and fairest way, would be that those in the top category can have two tickets like this one is, but that the other ticket has to be a red-card holder ie. someone already on the club membership database.

• Options
    In view of the chaos, I'm quite glad that I'm off to Old Trafford for the cricket that weekend instead!

But on a personal growse level, I always though it unfair that shareholders (unlike VIPs) never got any priority when it came to buying tickets. it's not as if we got any dividends (or even our money back)
  • Options

It does seem a bit bonkers that in the first, tightest round of ticket sales, tickets could 'potentially' go to non-fans, and theoretically 700 of them. Of course that is never going to be the case, but even if its just 20-30, its still no fully fair.

I've always thought the simplest, and fairest way, would be that those in the top category can have two tickets like this one is, but that the other ticket has to be a red-card holder ie. someone already on the club membership database.

Given there is no cost to becoming a Red Card holder and no threshold proposed for that person to overcome, i.e purchase history, I am not sure that would make any difference except to introduce additional bureaucracy.
  • Options
    Sorted - can't wait - might even take the wife and daughter to laze on Poole beach while I'm at the match
  • Options
    who are these VIP's?
  • Options

who are these VIP's?

5 year season ticket holders

• Options
    I can understand the annoyance , but I doubt the "extra" ticket is going to a non-supporter - we aren't playing Man U at home when any Tom, Dick or Harry will want to go, we are playing B'mouth away...........a bit of reality needs to be addressed here methinks.
  • Options
    From the OS “Those fans who want to go but are worried that they won’t get tickets can increase their chances by joining Valley Gold today.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130710-valley-gold-at-the-front-of-the-queue-905305.aspx#ugDoz0bzMfZKHuAO.99

• Options
    Got my 2, was on the phone less than a minute and a half. Always worth waiting a day or two unless circumstances are exceptional.