Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moany Moyes

Comments

• Options
    Moyes has f-cked it up big time, no question of that, he has turned the Champions into a mediocre mid-table side in six months, nice work.

Can't fix it with transfers either, no big club can sign 5 or 6 Champions League level players in a single close season, they are simply not available for sale in those numbers unless you are going to spend silly money - which the Glazers won't do.

Moyes was a very poor choice for the job, his record at Everton was OK but I think the telling stat was that they never won away at a Big Four side and never won the big games like FAC Semis when he was there, they always fell short.

I think his style of play and mentality is OK at a certain level but just doesn't work at the biggest clubs, they should have gone for continuity and appointed Meulensteen to try and steady the ship and keep things on an "as you were" basis.

I reckon United are in for a torrid time over the next few years unless someone with mega-bucks buys them.
  • Options

Moyes has f-cked it up big time, no question of that, he has turned the Champions into a mediocre mid-table side in six months, nice work.

Can't fix it with transfers either, no big club can sign 5 or 6 Champions League level players in a single close season, they are simply not available for sale in those numbers unless you are going to spend silly money - which the Glazers won't do.

Moyes was a very poor choice for the job, his record at Everton was OK but I think the telling stat was that they never won away at a Big Four side and never won the big games like FAC Semis when he was there, they always fell short.

I think his style of play and mentality is OK at a certain level but just doesn't work at the biggest clubs, they should have gone for continuity and appointed Meulensteen to try and steady the ship and keep things on an "as you were" basis.

I reckon United are in for a torrid time over the next few years unless someone with mega-bucks buys them.

It would have to be mega, MEGA bucks to buy them, I think the glazers value the club at over a billion and the club is saddled with hundreds of millions of debt. If moyes gets sacked next season (which he'll be given the time for) and the next manager is a big flop, we could see the big atom bomb go off in the football world bubble we've all been talking about could happen. That's if no ones willing to stump up for the glazers, which for a brand like man utd is actually quite likely they'd find a buyer. And if fergie wouldn't step in in such event.

Moyes needs to rebuild and the glazers won't put up the money for it. Basically, the poor blokes fecked.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don’t think Moyes has quite figured out that Ferguson’s central midfielders are not going to work for him. Carrick/Jones are immobile 5-yard-passers who are making the team look toothless and ordinary, whereas under Ferguson they gave the team a solid foundation on which everyone else could charge forwards.

Can’t expect Moyes to just adopt the same strategy as Ferguson so it’s obviously going to take time to change the makeup of the squad.

One thing's for sure, they'll never be the dominant force of English football they once were. Why would they be? Ferguson was the only reason. Time's up, hope they enjoyed it while it lasted.
  • Options
    I think it's blinding that Manure are sinking! Long may it continue.
  • Options
    He's doing now what he should have been the last 10 years keeping Everton above united
    He's now proving he's not as good as he thought he was!
  • Options

they should have gone for continuity and appointed Meulensteen to try and steady the ship and keep things on an "as you were" basis.

blockquote>

Yep, he's got Fulham tearing up the league :-)

• Options

they should have gone for continuity and appointed Meulensteen to try and steady the ship and keep things on an "as you were" basis.

blockquote>

Yep, he's got Fulham tearing up the league :-)

Please leave a chap to talk bollocks in peace....:)
  • Options

Nice little PR stunt by Paddy Power.
  • Options
    Ha, brilliant. Attended a talk by the PR company behind Paddy Power last week, they're a funny bunch. I really like that they don't ever, ever ask for permission to do anything. Not enough of that in the corporate world!
  • Options
    Hows Harold Bishop going to help Man Utd in an emergency?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    40 mil bid for mata according to sky sports, what a great signing that would be
  • Options
    Cant help but feel this'll be like Fabregas all over again! Can't see Mourinho selling to a PL rival
  • Options
    played utd twice so any points mata wins now now will only aid Chelsea
  • Options
    Should have gone for Klopp
  • Options
    Guillem Balague said on Revista last night that this is likely to happen because:

1. Mata is not getting in 1st eleven
    2. Chelsea have already played Man U x2 and by transferring Mata now means he will come up against other Prem contenders which will supposedly help Chelsea
    3. Money for Chelsea.

Balague seemed pretty sure talks were going well and it'll be done this month.
  • Options
    We know that Mourinho is a big fan of Rooney. Wonder if the Mata deal is conditional on Rooney going the other way?
  • Options
    been discussed apparently and Man U said no.

• Options
    If Moyes said no he needs the sack over that alone
  • Options

Why? By that logic Mourinho should be sacked for offering Mata in return for Rooney...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he'll be VERY moany tonight if the Mackems get a result
  • Options

Why? By that logic Mourinho should be sacked for offering Mata in return for Rooney...
    Because United desperately needs a creative midfielder and Chelsea have 4...
  • Options
    I'd honestly rather have Rooney in my team than Juan Mata.
  • Options

I'd honestly rather have Rooney in my team than Juan Mata.

Man Utd need both. But I'd rather Mata
  • Options
    S'land about to knock United out of the cup
  • Options
    Bahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Oh my
  • Options
    bollox .. they've equalised
  • Options
    What a shame.