Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly, to sell or to stay

Comments

• Options
    We probably have to face-up to him going.

Twice a well deserved Player of the Year for the club that gave him his chance as a youth.

In our recent history, sales like this have been the thing that has kept us afloat, so it's not really a big shock.

Pity.
  • Options
    A bloke sitting behind me in the North stand today was adamant that Solly tonWest Ham was a done deal and he joins them Monday. However I've read elsewhere that's he signed a new contract with us today. Take your pick
  • Options
    If the club are not offering new contracts then if we don't get investment were f@cked as I think all of the squad minus maybe 3 are out of contract in the summer!!
  • Options
    Was told today that he is on his way, somewhere around £1m to £2m, either Fulham or West Ham. Sad to see him go, but needs must.
  • Options
    KEEP SOLLY!!! Wilson was once again below par. He hid from the ball whenever possible, made elementary mistakes and got an earful from morro for the pleasure...I feel for him, he's a league one player at best and looked totally out of his depth. Every time the ball was on the left I looked over and he was more interested in getting his straight than getting up and involved in the play. Please god let us keep solly
  • Options
    Holloway has confirmed they've signed Jack Hunt so if Solly were to go we can see if we are being mugged off as Hunt is also a highly rated young RB.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Well if Paul Ince's takeover giveaway means we are close to a takeover at the moment, no.

?
  • Options
    He's going nowhere.
  • Options
    Good news afka...is this certain?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Well if Paul Ince's takeover giveaway means we are close to a takeover at the moment, no.

?
    http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/ince-pleased-with-fuller-but-hopes-for-one-more-1-5958650

Read Ince's interview
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard that Fulham have tabled an offer but it has been rejected as not enough. He is genuinely injured by the way
  • Options
    Hmm not sure how I read that.

'they're awaiting a takeover down there'

So is a takeover happening or does he mean we're hoping to be taken over?
  • Options
    Heard from someone today that he really is injured.

Of course he could be injured as still go.
  • Options
    Smudge I'm gonna give u a big smackarooney
  • Options
    Also Heard from someone today that he wasn't playing today
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Second hand story but I met up with a Charlton fan who lives in Bolton at Barnsley yesterday. He lives round the corner from Dale Stephens's mum and also knows one of Stephens's best mates. They've been chatting and it seems Solly is more than pissed off that there has been no sign of any contract talks as yet. So, if true, the club might have no say. He'll probably play his contract out and then find somewhere where he'll feel appreciated.

No offence but that sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
    Havent read the whole thread but this aint rubbish
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

Second hand story but I met up with a Charlton fan who lives in Bolton at Barnsley yesterday. He lives round the corner from Dale Stephens's mum and also knows one of Stephens's best mates. They've been chatting and it seems Solly is more than pissed off that there has been no sign of any contract talks as yet. So, if true, the club might have no say. He'll probably play his contract out and then find somewhere where he'll feel appreciated.

No offence but that sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
    Havent read the whole thread but this aint rubbish
    What, so we let Solly's contract run out and he will find somewhere where we will feel more appreciated. Does not really take much working out that is a load a rubbish considering he was player of the year last two seasons and he is highly regarded by Powell.
  • Options
    We will be god awful if we have to have Wilson as our right back for the season. Deary me
  • Options
    How long do we leave it until we renew his contract then. My comment about it not being rubbish was to do with solly being pissed off. Then again the whole team are probably pissed off at the mo with the whole situation.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

KEEP SOLLY!!! Wilson was once again below par. He hid from the ball whenever possible, made elementary mistakes and got an earful from morro for the pleasure...I feel for him, he's a league one player at best and looked totally out of his depth. Every time the ball was on the left I looked over and he was more interested in getting his straight than getting up and involved in the play. Please god let us keep solly

Thought Wilson was quality today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too thought Wilson was ok. Ok he's not Chris Solly but who is?
  • Options
    Agree Wilson worked very hard, wouldnt say he was championship quality wide man, but when funds are low we have to make do.
  • Options
    I thought Wilson did well today but still hope Solly stays. I've seen everything rumoured today from Solly has signed a new deal, to Arsenal are in for him in a £3.5 mill deal but I guess we'll know by Monday night!
  • Options
    Shit. They're casting for the new Star wars movie in a few weeks!!
  • Options

mrbligh said:

Thought Wilson was quality today.
    Agreed. I don't want to lose Chris at all, but look back at the scores given in the first few games and we can see that the defence, including Chris, has been poor.

Today, I thought the 3-5-2 worked really well and Wilson looked well up for the game. It also seemed to help Morrison & Wiggins who, so far, have had a really poor start.
  • Options
    Chap near me saw him today and asked if he was injured. He said "yes, my leg". Chap said "you're not injured are you" and mr Solly replied in the negative.

No idea if its mind games or banter but thought I'd share.

Fwiw I obviously want him to stay
  • Options
    Solly is our best player, but in the formation we played today it wasn't a weakness to have Wilson.
  • Options

He's going nowhere.

Source?
  • Options

Solly is our best player, but in the formation we played today it wasn't a weakness to have Wilson.

Agreed!
  • Options

Spot on. Wilson is better than a lot of people give him credit for