Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly, to sell or to stay

Comments

• Options
    Heard today that Solly is not going to be sold.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

He's going nowhere.

Source?
    None, just my opinion. All sorts of rumours flying about. Just can't see it happening.
  • Options

Solly is our best player, but in the formation we played today it wasn't a weakness to have Wilson.

Quite right, still hope he stays.
  • Options
    Heard that he is actually injured. Had a previous problem with his knee I think.
  • Options
    can't see him going.

How f***king long have west ham been "done deal" with solly?? SURELY they've moved on to other targets by now and even filled that right back position. That's why I've felt this is all bullcrap since wet spam keep being brought up the past 2 years with solly.
  • Options
    Not too long to wait and see I will stick with this

If the money is right sell him everyone has a price

I have banged the solly drum since the first day I saw him play

I wanted him in the first team and want him there his whole career but if he has to go then don't sell him cheap

Invest in solly if the money aint right as he will only get better so pay the lad his value and secure him on a long term deal
  • Options
    I can't see it being West Ham. They don't need him.
  • Options
    I live about a ten minute walk from Upton Park. I'd feel sick knowing he was plying his trade just down the road for that shower. Hopefully the new contract stuff is true, though the source isn't too dependable.
  • Options

mrbligh said:

KEEP SOLLY!!! Wilson was once again below par. He hid from the ball whenever possible, made elementary mistakes and got an earful from morro for the pleasure...I feel for him, he's a league one player at best and looked totally out of his depth. Every time the ball was on the left I looked over and he was more interested in getting his straight than getting up and involved in the play. Please god let us keep solly

Thought Wilson was quality today.
  • Options
    Not sure if its been mentioned, or even worth a mention, but of the three best right backs from our title winning season (Lowton, Hunt and Solly) only Solly isn't in the prem...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love him to stay but I think he's gone.

I just hope we haven't given him away to add insult to injury.
  • Options
    What annoys me most is the amount of shitstirring dickheads who deliberately spread stories to people on here who then report them on here, almost winds me up as the people who fall for it.

Don't get me wrong, Solly leaving was always on the cards but "Mate of mine said its a done deal and he knows" bla bla bla, what a load of rubbish.
  • Options

I live about a ten minute walk from Upton Park. I'd feel sick knowing he was plying his trade just down the road for that shower. Hopefully the new contract stuff is true, though the source isn't too dependable.

You'll be relieved that they are moving to Stratford then.

*If, of course, they ever do.
  • Options
    Get over yourself. It's a forum, I shared what I heard. If ( and I hope it's bull shit) it don't happen then good, but don't pipe up with that
  • Options
    Being reported by Reams on Into The Valley that he signed a new contract for us today.
  • Options
    Be good if he has gotta love SDog
  • Options

Being reported by Reams on Into The Valley that he signed a new contract for us today.

Oh we'll , that's a definite then ...
  • Options

I wanted him in the first team and want him there his whole career but if he has to go then don't sell him cheap

Invest in solly if the money aint right as he will only get better so pay the lad his value and secure him on a long term deal

This. Time for some integrity from TJ and MS.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Given the short term nature of his contract; what shoukd his price be?
  • Options
    Atleast 2mil if not 2 plus a player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Davo55 said:

Given the short term nature of his contract; what shoukd his price be?
    Agree with NLA, but I was talking more about his contract. With two consecutive POTY awards based on consistently very good performances he should be near the top of our wages league, not near the bottom (making assumptions here based on other posters. I know we need to watch the pennies but I would argue, more than for any other player, Solly is a special case. Push the boat out a bit to keep him and make him happy. Every pound will be returned x100.
  • Options
    I imagine we have seen Solly in a charlton shirt for the last time. Will be intrigued to see how much money we are talking, there is no doubt the delay in offering Solly a new contract will have contributed to a much reduced price.
  • Options
    i think solly will stay but if we get offered 3m for him then take it
  • Options
    The question now is will Solly return to the team when fit. After yesterdays win Chris Powell rarely changes a winning side.
  • Options

The question now is will Solly return to the team when fit. After yesterdays win Chris Powell rarely changes a winning side.

Erm..........Wilson or Solly ......let me have time to think about this one.

• Options
    Jack Hunt went to Palace for around £2million so if Solly does go then at least the same amount.
  • Options

mrbligh said:

KEEP SOLLY!!! Wilson was once again below par. He hid from the ball whenever possible, made elementary mistakes and got an earful from morro for the pleasure...I feel for him, he's a league one player at best and looked totally out of his depth. Every time the ball was on the left I looked over and he was more interested in getting his straight than getting up and involved in the play. Please god let us keep solly

Thought Wilson was quality today.
    So did I
  • Options
    does he want to stay? .. if he does then keep him .. if he wants away for any reason (I can understand if he feels wronged because he has not been offered a new and better contract) .. then sell him if the price is right. The price will probably depend on how desperate CAFC is for the money. Even if the price is not right, does Powell want to keep a dissatisfied player no matter how talented
  • Options
    SDog, ( lovin' it, nla!) has Charlton tattooed on his heart.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

That's only relevant if you think Solly is actually injured.