Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly, to sell or to stay

123457»

Comments

• Options
    A certain Mr Jackson is being a naughty boy on twitter. ;)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Scoham said:

Didn't he often play right back for Leicester's promotion season from League 1?

Probably why they don't rate him!! ;-)
    He played quite a few games when they made the Championship play-offs (when Yann missed his penalty). It's the Sheffield Wednesday fans that really didn't rate him.
  • Options
    11pm are we safe?
  • Options
    Never in doubt!
  • Options
    doronron said:

Chris Powell says there have been no bids for Solly.Is it just us Charlton fans who think he is as good as we think he is cos these rumours are always around but he never gets sold(thank god)

I've said before that we do probably big him up because we know his worth to us. In the last year or so Lowton has gone from Sheffield Utd to Villa, Stones from Barnsley to Everton and Hunt from Huddersfield to Palace. All right backs, all about same age and experience as Chris. Does his height go against him or is he not as good as we think?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    He doesn't stick out to others as much as Hunt, Lowton, Stones or Byram because his best attributes are his consistency in his defending. The others all catch the eye going forward but are not as good defending or as consistent.
  • Options
    Height and not so obvious pace/skill going forward might go against him but I think he will prove himself in the Prem eventually. He is that good and in time will show he's capable of playing alongside better players.
  • Options
    It's our song that must be putting off the PL clubs, the PL scouts must think he really is only 5' 3!

His solid attributes unfortunately mean that his value on the transfer market won't be as much as we'd think, a Glenn Johnson style RB who's really good going forward seems to be what's valued these days.

The crucial thing is that we sign him up for a contract extension asap
  • Options
    Amen to that, killerandflash.
  • Options

It's our song that must be putting off the PL clubs, the PL scouts must think he really is only 5' 3!

His solid attributes unfortunately mean that his value on the transfer market won't be as much as we'd think, a Glenn Johnson style RB who's really good going forward seems to be what's valued these days.

The crucial thing is that we sign him up for a contract extension asap

Rumour from a couple of sources is he signed a long term extension on Friday. Hopefully it's true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he had, the site would surely report it!
  • Options
    you would have thought so. just as some are insisting Piggott has signed a 3 year deal.
  • Options

If he had, the site would surely report it!

Maybe they are waiting for the big bosses to return from holiday before making a public announcement. The big bosses appear to be very sensitive about public announcements from mere employees.

• Options

LenGlover said:

If Solly is still here when the window shuts I'll give £10 to the Upbeats If someone pledges to do the same if he leaves.

I'll take that pledge Len.

https://www.justgiving.com/TheCharltonUpbeats

Paid up with pleasure!
  • Options

who closed my discussion

Swearing & ranting won't get you very far. You're more thoughtful approach was better.
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

If Solly is still here when the window shuts I'll give £10 to the Upbeats If someone pledges to do the same if he leaves.

I'll take that pledge Len.

https://www.justgiving.com/TheCharltonUpbeats

Paid up with pleasure!
    Well done Len. Keep funding those Upbeats. :-)