Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• jamescafc said:

Can anyone recommend a decent physio with some knowledge of cycling? My knee is still f**ked despite a bike fit and the general sports physio I've seen is useless

our very own Rylo.
  • jamescafc said:

Can anyone recommend a decent physio with some knowledge of cycling? My knee is still f**ked despite a bike fit and the general sports physio I've seen is useless

Six Physio in Harley St (may have recently moved to Cavendish Square round the corner)

Had horrendous knee problems, pushed from pillar to post before being correctly diagnosed by six physio as basically having no left glute. Great service - gave me a load of really weird exercises to do no lots of awful, painful work with the foam roller but sorted me right out

Highly recommended
  • jamescafc said:

Crystal Palace Physio Group based in Mottingham. My physio Anthony is excellent and he got to the bottom of my hernia problem.
  • I wish I had gotten into cycling, I think I would have been good... (big thighs). I joined Cycle Beat here in the City - an indoor spin club. It's great for competing against others in the class as it has a beat board at the front and you can see how hard and fast people are cycling. Its very competitive and my strength has massively increased since starting, came second in a sprint session yesterday beating a few blokes. Still got loads of weight to lose but my fitness is better.

If any City cyclists want to do a bit on indoor training in the winter you can get a 10 day pass for £20. It gets a whole lot more expensive after that.

You have a lot of triathletes training in there.

http://www.cyclebeat.co.uk/beatboard

• You can buy the Community Trust's cycling shirt now.

http://www.cact.org.uk/news/cact-cycling-shirt/

• Good weekend.
    Cycled to Canterbury yesyerday. Got slaughtered. Stayed in passable airbnb and home today. The CNC1 is such a bizarre route, but very enjoyable.
    Now if I was to learn don't get drunk the night before a ride out or the night before coming back I'd be such a better cyclist.
    But life's too short!
  • iainment said:

Good weekend.
    Cycled to Canterbury yesyerday. Got slaughtered. Stayed in passable airbnb and home today. The CNC1 is such a bizarre route, but very enjoyable.
    Now if I was to learn don't get drunk the night before a ride out or the night before coming back I'd be such a better cyclist.
    But life's too short!

You on Strava? Would be interested to see your route
  • Signed up for London to Paris 2017.

Anyone interested, the Alzheimers Society are doing discounted entry for £49.00.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

You can buy the Community Trust's cycling shirt now.

http://www.cact.org.uk/news/cact-cycling-shirt/

Design looks familiar, wonder if they asked @falconwood_1 about it?
  • The 24 hour one @Clem_Snide?

You're joking aren't you! Plodders 3 day event for me!
  • Ah - sorry, wasn't taking the piss!

I missed doing the L2P24 this year. Wouldn't mind doing it again, but I'm not raising a grand to do it!
  • Ah - sorry, wasn't taking the piss!

I missed doing the L2P24 this year. Wouldn't mind doing it again, but I'm not raising a grand to do it!

Wanted to do a L2P in 24 hours this year as well. Planning to now do it next year on the weekend the tour finishes in Paris as well, to watch that on the Sunday!
  • CAFC Luke said:

Ah - sorry, wasn't taking the piss!

Wanted to do a L2P in 24 hours this year as well. Planning to now do it next year on the weekend the tour finishes in Paris as well, to watch that on the Sunday!
    Easily do-able on your own if you do it via Newhaven. The longer way (via Calais) requires at least some level of support though (unless you're planning to TT it :))
  • CAFC Luke said:

Easily do-able on your own if you do it via Newhaven. The longer way (via Calais) requires at least some level of support though (unless you're planning to TT it :))
    We're not all this guy! http://road.cc/content/news/202787-cyclist-smashes-london-paris-record
  • Moving on from the romance of L2P.

How do you clean the straps on your helmet? (Cue for innuendoes galore I know.) Mine really stinks.
    Help. :-)
  • If the straps are removable, take them off and put them in a very hot bowl of water with some Milton, or on a hot wash cycle with anti-bacterial detergent. If they're not - buy a new helmet :) Failing that, fill a bowl up with the same solution then find a way of suspending the helmet above it whilst dangling the straps in. That's generally easier than it sounds - provided you have a bowl that fits 'inside' the helmet. Bear in mind, you're not aiming to pasteurise the material (you'd need to boil it at above 110 degrees for that) but water hot enough to feel uncomfortable to put your hand in and sterilising fluid will do a decent enough job. Let it dry naturally, but somewhere warm so that it doesn't take ages.
  • CAFC Luke said:

CAFC Luke said:

We're not all this guy! http://road.cc/content/news/202787-cyclist-smashes-london-paris-record
    He rode for the same charity as me. Slightly more impressive than my dawdling round a lake in Sweden though :)
  • If the straps are removable, take them off and put them in a very hot bowl of water with some Milton, or on a hot wash cycle with anti-bacterial detergent. If they're not - buy a new helmet :) Failing that, fill a bowl up with the same solution then find a way of suspending the helmet above it whilst dangling the straps in. That's generally easier than it sounds - provided you have a bowl that fits 'inside' the helmet. Bear in mind, you're not aiming to pasteurise the material (you'd need to boil it at above 110 degrees for that) but water hot enough to feel uncomfortable to put your hand in and sterilising fluid will do a decent enough job. Let it dry naturally, but somewhere warm so that it doesn't take ages.

Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• A video from the GCN guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzCzqm-Luw

The GCN channel is a pretty good watch with new content most days.
  • A video from the GCN guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzCzqm-Luw

The GCN channel is a pretty good watch with new content most days.

Brilliant. Thanks.
  • The 24 hour one @Clem_Snide?

You going alone or as part of a group?
  • jamescafc said:

The 24 hour one @Clem_Snide?

You going alone or as part of a group?
    Have entered it alone. But they have up to 150 riders taking part.
  • Good stuff. I might have a look. Always wanted to do it but never had anyone to do it with. My usual cycling partner has 4 kids so the best he can ever do is a few hours between 6-8am at weekends
  • edited September 2016
    Did London to Brighton today (and back) for Cyclists Fighting Cancer. It wasn't a race, obviously - but finished first overall out of 5000 :smiley: Ride back was a bit further as we took a much nicer route, and took it a bit slower - beautiful day for it!
  • jamescafc said:

Good stuff. I might have a look. Always wanted to do it but never had anyone to do it with. My usual cycling partner has 4 kids so the best he can ever do is a few hours between 6-8am at weekends

I done it this year for the same charity as Clem 121 riders raised over £200,000for the Alzheimer's society best experience of my little life
    Venice to Rome next
  • edited September 2016

• jamescafc said:

Good stuff. I might have a look. Always wanted to do it but never had anyone to do it with. My usual cycling partner has 4 kids so the best he can ever do is a few hours between 6-8am at weekends</blockquote

The YMCA do a charity London to Paris in a day , and also a London to Brugge-

We are also considering London to Paris off road which is 200 miles but fairly easy. For the more hardy off roaders we are considering the Welsh coast to coast which is 210 miles -45000 feet of climb and takes in the seven major trail centres

• Does anyone here ride with Seeds CC