Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GTA V.....Who's getting it?

Comments

• Options

addick16 said:

Rockstar games just announced 800million on opening day. That trumps any movie alltime by 500million ..... i suspect to see big money producers testing the video gaming market after this massive success ...

btw ... anybody know how to brake on the airplane? i dont want to spoil too much, but i had a lot of trouble landing that cessna on the runway and couldnt slow the damn plane down after touching ground...

once you hit the ground press left trigger/r2 and it should slow you right down, also push your left stick up so that the plane would be going downwards.

As for the money, it's already happening with COD and FIFA games being released every year - now with fish that SWIM AWAY FROM YOU. Wow, like anyone actually cares. Rockstar are one of the few remaining large games companies that take a long time to churn out a brilliant game rather than trying to get a series out there every year.
    thx for the landing tip ... i gave up after about ten attempts last night either crash - landing or destroying the landing gear.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Yeah, probably going to have to get this now.

Indeed, I have caved and ordered from Game online.

Sod missions, I want to do stuff like lay proximity mines by holes on the golf course.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Huskaris said:

Yeah, probably going to have to get this now.

Indeed, I have caved and ordered from Game online.

Sod missions, I want to do stuff like lay proximity mines by holes on the golf course.
    Think you have to do a certain amout of missions to unlock the golf courses, though I could be wrong. Looked all around for a course but not yet found one. Loving the tennis, but needs to be played on hard level as I whoop them if easy or normal............................
  • Options
    With the character Michael, I've tried to make him look like Walt White. I've given him a shaved head, a goatee and pair of specs and he drives a dirty old RV. still not found a suitable hat though...........................
  • Options
    Golf course is near Michaels house top left of LS look on the map
  • Options
    It's on my fellas Christmas list. Do I let him have early access to it considering our baby boy is due in Dec? Can't see either of us having much time on our hands when he makes an appearance.

I'm not the type to wait for long awaited game\toy pressies & normally manage to convince people to give them to me early by the asking constantly & wearing em down method. He's not asked for it early.
  • Options
    550 for Xbox
    JiMMy 85 said:

I'm hopeful that EA will come up with a new model of game that rids us if annual iterations. A subscription or something. At the moment 40 quid a year is excellent value for the hours I play. But the lack of real progress in the games quality is a real shame.

The same EA that have just said they will not give up making battlefield games until they top the COD series?
    If anyones going to do good, it wont be EA.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

It's on my fellas Christmas list. Do I let him have early access to it considering our baby boy is due in Dec? Can't see either of us having much time on our hands when he makes an appearance.

I'm not the type to wait for long awaited game\toy pressies & normally manage to convince people to give them to me early by the asking constantly & wearing em down method. He's not asked for it early.

You'd be an amazing partner if you did give it to him early.

Congratulations by the way!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You'd be an amazing partner if you did give it to him early.

Congratulations by the way!
    Seconded!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Been playing all day, mostly walking chop, customising cars, playing tennis and golf, doing the odd mission here and there, it's fun just to walk about and watch nutty pedestrians

Why spend your time playing doing real life things, you could've gone up the driving range or something!

As for nutty pedestrians, have a wander down any high street!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

Been playing all day, mostly walking chop, customising cars, playing tennis and golf, doing the odd mission here and there, it's fun just to walk about and watch nutty pedestrians

Why spend your time playing doing real life things, you could've gone up the driving range or something!

As for nutty pedestrians, have a wander down any high street!

Not allowed a dog where I live, haven't got a car, I'm rubbish at tennis and golf in real life and my nearest high street is Lewisham which is nuttier than GTA 5!
  • Options
    Take chop for a walk and throw the ball at some gangsters or a drunk....they kick off with you and then Chop starts attacking them. This starts a little war with their crew and gets the police involved. Great easy way to get a proper shoot out.
  • Options
    MattD said:

550 for Xbox

JiMMy 85 said:

I'm hopeful that EA will come up with a new model of game that rids us if annual iterations. A subscription or something. At the moment 40 quid a year is excellent value for the hours I play. But the lack of real progress in the games quality is a real shame.

The same EA that have just said they will not give up making battlefield games until they top the COD series?
    This. EA are pretty much the gaming industry's worst nightmare. They've spent the majority of the last decade eating up small gaming production companies that were putting out brilliant games and taking their titles and putting out horribly rushed, clunky games. Their customer service is notoriously horrible and they're run by a bunch of suits that have little or no idea what the gaming community wants. When i bought battlefield i was horrified i would have to pay ANOTHER £40 to get the premium version of the game and not the bare bones. I can't say more strongly how EA are pretty much the anti christ of gaming.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

MattD said:

550 for Xbox

JiMMy 85 said:

This. EA are pretty much the gaming industry's worst nightmare. They've spent the majority of the last decade eating up small gaming production companies that were putting out brilliant games and taking their titles and putting out horribly rushed, clunky games. Their customer service is notoriously horrible and they're run by a bunch of suits that have little or no idea what the gaming community wants. When i bought battlefield i was horrified i would have to pay ANOTHER £40 to get the premium version of the game and not the bare bones. I can't say more strongly how EA are pretty much the anti christ of gaming.
    Not defending EA here or anything but doesn't Cod also charge about the same for their 'elite' service. They're all just as bad as each other when it comes down to add-ons and stuff like that.

Also I do generally love the Battlefield series, it topped COD in terms of quality ages ago, the one thats coming out in a month looks incredible. Then again they are largely made by DICE and not EA in the first place, EA just publish the game and add-ons for extortionate prices.

I still need to get GTA V first though!!!
  • Options
    Cheers guys. Early pressie it is then. Unfortunately it won't stop the fella & his Dad from going on about Spuds baby grows. They'll just have to go in with any red washing every time.
  • Options
    Is it me or does playing this game make one want to move to California?
  • Options
    Funnily enough as I went to the cinema on GTAV last night, I remembered how much I hated LA.
  • Options
    "some of the government, some of it is corrupt"

• Options
    cafctom said:

LA is pretty crappy in parts but california is an absolutely gorgeous state. Countryside especially, which most movies etc miss out and GTA V has put a lot of work into
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

LA is pretty crappy in parts but california is an absolutely gorgeous state. Countryside especially, which most movies etc miss out and GTA V has put a lot of work into
    I spent over an hour trying to get to the top of a mountain/ hill. I kept falling down. I searched for a quad bike, and fell off it and died. Then I got up it in a car, decided to walk, and got eaten by a wild cat.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafctom said:

I spent over an hour trying to get to the top of a mountain/ hill. I kept falling down. I searched for a quad bike, and fell off it and died. Then I got up it in a car, decided to walk, and got eaten by a wild cat.
    take the cable cars. but yeah, the cougars are annoying, had one approach me just after i had finished a mission and was waiting for the "continue" button to come up and the cat killed me in that time. Irritating
  • Options
    Been playing it but after a while it stops loading and I noticed others are having problems on the PS3.
  • Options
    Just bought it today for some reason. Played it a little but god knows when im going to get the time to play It properly.
  • Options
    I'm up to the Trevor mission with the O'Neils and their meth lab. Tried it a few times, couldn't work it out and got annoyed. Remembering that he basically has a kill frenzy special power would help.

I do like it and some of the humour has made me smile but I can't see it being my favourite GTA. I miss having decent radio and chat stations, I think Vice City will always be number one for me.
  • Options
    It's actually, for me, pretty dull. Hide behind a corner, pop up with auto aim, shoot, back under, repeat continuously.... Oh its too easy so dont use auto aim you say? In which case its completely unrealistic, because you know where the enemy is and you are pointing into the middle of nowhere... Nothing beats GTA 3/Vice City for me.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

It's actually, for me, pretty dull. Hide behind a corner, pop up with auto aim, shoot, back under, repeat continuously.... Oh its too easy so dont use auto aim you say? In which case its completely unrealistic, because you know where the enemy is and you are pointing into the middle of nowhere... Nothing beats GTA 3/Vice City for me.

The autoaim really annoys me too.
  • Options
    Completed the story Saturday. Some great missions but overall was too easy. Vice city and San Andreas had missions that were next to impossible and the feeling of accomplishment when you finished it. Some great moments in the game though, like Michael getting drugged by his son and having a big lebowski style trip I loved. The most "cinematic" of the gtas and I can't wait for online as that's going to be endless.
  • Options
    Saw this on Reddit.
  • Options
    Made an online crew for PS3 if anyone is interested...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/charlton_life