Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GTA V.....Who's getting it?

Comments

• Options
    Not for us with gta5 on their Christmas list, canny wait!
  • Options
    Completed the story mode just as the online became active. Went online hoping to do some good heists and all that greeted me was wave after wave of idiots just wanting to shoot me. Don't mind if it's a rampage lobby, but I was only looking about to see what's happening. Never bothered since, just play the stand alone game, although I've not even done that for about a month............
  • Options
    I went online twice. The first time, I just walked around. Some guys drove past me, didn't touch me. That was the single coolest thing so far - I was just walking, they didn't kill me.

Next time I did it, some guy ran me over at 120mph. That's why I don't play these games online (although I will try that 'peace' option or whatever it is).
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I went online twice. The first time, I just walked around. Some guys drove past me, didn't touch me. That was the single coolest thing so far - I was just walking, they didn't kill me.

Next time I did it, some guy ran me over at 120mph. That's why I don't play these games online (although I will try that 'peace' option or whatever it is).

it was originally the kids that do it. The amount of times i've heard prepubescent voices over live for an 18+ game is atrocious. Now it's just instinct whenever i see some one near me, it's kill or be killed. Missions are fun. But if you've got friends online its an absolute blast and you run around robbing stores and flying around in helicopters. Me and my mate have got loads of plans for making races when the content creator comes out.
  • Options
    For anyone who has not played this game out of every GTA this has by far the best storyline, I struggle to see how they can top this when GTA 6 is out in around 3-5 years
  • Options
    I've completed the main storyline. I've got one more assasination mission to do but need to buy the shares first.

I've done a lot of the strangers/freaks missions too, but have only found 2 scrap pieces, not found any of the people that you need to find for Maude, none of the UFO pieces or done the Epsilon Programme. I was going to start doing the stunt jumps, but I think I'll get a guide for those, and the UFO parts and scrap pieces as the map is too vast. I've gone to so many remote locations where they could be but to no avail. There is also the message on the back of the map that can only be seen under UV light.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I've completed the main storyline. I've got one more assasination mission to do but need to buy the shares first.

I've done a lot of the strangers/freaks missions too, but have only found 2 scrap pieces, not found any of the people that you need to find for Maude, none of the UFO pieces or done the Epsilon Programme. I was going to start doing the stunt jumps, but I think I'll get a guide for those, and the UFO parts and scrap pieces as the map is too vast. I've gone to so many remote locations where they could be but to no avail. There is also the message on the back of the map that can only be seen under UV light.

What of the 3 options did you choose for the last mission
  • Options
    C is the only viable ending. Sod the others.

I finished the story last week, I enjoyed it but I thought it was fairly easy. The mission I had most trouble with was the early one at the O'Neill farm house but that didn't take too many attempts. The checkpoints obviously help.
  • Options
    I agree C is the only viable ending

I love the checkpoints especially on the long missions, there is nothing worse than spending 20 minutes chasing in a car then killing 100 people then right at the end you die and have to start again.

• Options
    I opted for C, but checked out the videos on youtube for alternate endings...........

Here for anyone who wishes to see what would've happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNwWwsTNbSo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I opted for C, but checked out the videos on youtube for alternate endings...........

Here for anyone who wishes to see what would've happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNwWwsTNbSo

I love how easy the made option C look never mentioned the loads of people at the foundry just straight to killing Devin
  • Options
    I'm sure I played one of these games (an earlier version) on a PS2 about twelve years ago and I'm sure it was a bit, shall we say, adult themed. However my nine year old has come home from school and advised me that the boys in his class all play it.

Does that sound sensible to anyone on here? I just assume that 18 games are for people over 18 (well 18 and over).
  • Options

I'm sure I played one of these games (an earlier version) on a PS2 about twelve years ago and I'm sure it was a bit, shall we say, adult themed. However my nine year old has come home from school and advised me that the boys in his class all play it.

Does that sound sensible to anyone on here? I just assume that 18 games are for people over 18 (well 18 and over).

It is very adult themed drugs sex guns and one character(Trevor) swears almost every other word, shops wont sell it to under 18s but unfortunately some parents are not that clever and ignore the rating
  • Options
    edited November 2013

honestly mate, 9 is a bit young. My parents didn't let me play any of them til i was about 17, and then i was able to go back and revisit them and realise what great games there are.

You can visit strip clubs, have strippers give you a private dance. There's as much murder as you want to do, steal cars and swear at people. It's up to you, but when i hear pre pubescent voices over gta online I feel deep down what cruddy parents they must have letting them play a game like this. They're also the ones that spawn kill etc and are just generally a pain to play with.

There's also a particularly violent torture level where you have to torture some one to get information. Which even i thought was a bit too gorey and gruesome for me. And i love that stuff.

If these are things you feel as though your 9 year old can cope with or are happy for them to see and do, then it's up to you. But i'd advise against it personally.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

honestly mate, 9 is a bit young. My parents didn't let me play any of them til i was about 17, and then i was able to go back and revisit them and realise what great games there are.

You can visit strip clubs, have strippers give you a private dance. There's as much murder as you want to do, steal cars and swear at people. It's up to you, but when i hear pre pubescent voices over gta online I feel deep down what cruddy parents they must have letting them play a game like this. They're also the ones that spawn kill etc and are just generally a pain to play with.

There's also a particularly violent torture level where you have to torture some one to get information. Which even i thought was a bit too gorey and gruesome for me. And i love that stuff.

If these are things you feel as though your 9 year old can cope with or are happy for them to see and do, then it's up to you. But i'd advise against it personally.
    Yes that's what I thought. I have no idea what goes through some parents heads. I suspect these are the sort of parents that break down in tears saying how they can't understand it when their little treasure is arrested for stabbing.

I'm not extremely prudish but this isn't the kind of thing I would call entertainment, personally, but I would certainly not let my 9 year old anywhere near it.

Each to their own, I suppose!

Thanks for your advice Kent and Paulie.
  • Options
    New update is shit. Get $3k for winning a race, used to be $13k. Slowing the game right down - bore
  • Options

New update is shit. Get $3k for winning a race, used to be $13k. Slowing the game right down - bore

yeah... i'm glad i got the stimulus package. How much of a waste of time are the apartments though? Pretty much all the same. The only plus point is the large garages you get with them that are of any use.
  • Options
    finally decided after completing the game to go online, does anybody want someone new in there crew on ps3
  • Options
    Does anyone still play this?

After getting it and completing it again on PS4, Im now starting to get into the online game. Im part of the Charlton Life crew that was set up last year, but doesn’t look like many lifers actually go online?!
  • Options
    I used to play it religiously, then I got a ps4 and didn't want to spend 50 quid on the game again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I in that crew under the same name Dazzler21?

I am thinking of playing it more now Destiny is going quiet.
  • Options
    Is there much of an improvment on the ps4?
  • Options
    Still waiting for it to come out on pc :neutral:
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Is there much of an improvment on the ps4?

The PS4 version has better graphics and first person mode (which is great fun when driving).
  • Options

Still waiting for it to come out on pc :neutral:

The proper version IMO!
  • Options
    better give me a silky smooth 60fps experience
  • Options
    I must be in the minority that found the story really dull.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I must be in the minority that found the story really dull.

Wouldn't go as far as dull, but certainly found it the weakest of the bunch. Bought it when it came out, played it, completed it, then put it away. Have yet to feel the need to play it again..........
  • Options
    I got it, completed it and not played it for about a year