Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

Comments

• Options

Can't really do much more with what he's got. There is no-one else who could play right midfield (Green has had loads of chances starting).
    Left-Midfield we lost Stewart and Harriott gives the ball away too needlessly.
    Up Front we have basically nothing of note.

Only gripe is the choice to leave Wood out. Drop him on saturday if he could only play in one game.

Why defend him so much, it's quite clear he has made huge mistakes with the selection tonight. Playing 6 defenders..!?!
  • Options
    sseaddick said:

Can't really do much more with what he's got. There is no-one else who could play right midfield (Green has had loads of chances starting).

Only gripe is the choice to leave Wood out. Drop him on saturday if he could only play in one game.

Why defend him so much, it's quite clear he has made huge mistakes with the selection tonight. Playing 6 defenders..!?!
    What would your line-up be? There's a real lack of quality in our squad that takes more of the blame than him.
  • Options
    O for god sake he always sets his teams up to defend and hoof, its hilarious if it wasn't so fecking annoying, wish people would stop saying it ain't his fault
  • Options

Green is the only right winger we got but with Stephens and Cousins in the middle, Jacko/Harriot on the left wing will give that perfect balance. I don't see why Powell has to ruin the best part of the team so he does not play Green?
  • Options
    Funny that there were no comments on this thread after Saturday.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Green is the only right winger we got but with Stephens and Cousins in the middle, Jacko/Harriot on the left wing will give that perfect balance. I don't see why Powell has to ruin the best part of the team so he does not play Green?
    Jackson on the left-wing? No thanks. I'd rather have Evina.
    Harriott away from home gives the ball away too much, way too costly.

Green didn't even play well in League One.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

You can't see why he doesn't play Green?
  • Options
    It's not Powells fault because. ?.................... 1. The players are thinking of the fa cup final
  • Options
    It's not Powells fault because ?.................2. Doncaster's pitch is playable
  • Options
    Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

So you are happy to play a central midfield player on the wing when he has not played in that position in this career before?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead of blaming Powell for everything, why can't we just admit we have a relegation squad at the moment unless there is serious investment.

We could have Wenger or Mourinho, it wouldn't make this result turn into a win. This team is poor.
  • Options

Instead of blaming Powell for everything, why can't we just admit we have a relegation squad at the moment unless there is serious investment.

We could have Wenger or Mourinho, it wouldn't make this result turn into a win. This team is poor.

The team needs investing but it does not help with Powell's tactics.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

So you are happy to play a central midfield player on the wing when he has not played in that position in this career before?
    No but that doesn't mean Green's good enough or the answer.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's the same old shit with him over and over again. We finally start getting a settled side together. So why in arguably our biggest game of the season would he drop Wood for Dervite when Wood and Morro were looking good together. Why play Lennon in such an important game. Why put Evina left wing he was fucking awful against Reading when he played there and I mean awful. Playing Stephens out wide again what the fuck him and Cousins have done very well together. This all comes down to accommodating his love child Jackson again.

Team should have been
    Alnwick
    Evina
    Wood
    Morro
    Wilson
    Harriott
    Cousins
    Stepehens
    Green or Astrit
    Kermit
    Church

The only players that have changed are the wingers, no need to disrupt it too much.
  • Options
    Jackson is our biggest goal threat regardless of opinion. He has the knack that nobody else seems to have.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

No but that doesn't mean Green's good enough or the answer.
    I don't really see what Green has done terrible for Powell to switch his tactics. I did not think he has been too bad to be honest, especially in League one.

Green is the only right midfielder we have and I can't think of anything worse than un-balancing the midfield.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

It's the same old shit with him over and over again. We finally start getting a settled side together. So why in arguably our biggest game of the season would he drop Wood for Dervite when Wood and Morro were looking good together. Why play Lennon in such an important game. Why put Evina left wing he was fucking awful against Reading when he played there and I mean awful. Playing Stephens out wide again what the fuck him and Cousins have done very well together. This all comes down to accommodating his love child Jackson again.

Team should have been
    Alnwick
    Evina
    Wood
    Morro
    Wilson
    Harriott
    Cousins
    Stepehens
    Green or Astrit
    Kermit
    Church

The only players that have changed are the wingers, no need to disrupt it too much.

Agreed 100%!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Team should have been
    Alnwick
    Evina
    Wood
    Morro
    Wilson
    Harriott
    Cousins
    Stepehens
    Green or Astrit
    Kermit
    Church

That's why we are where we are
  • Options
    Some just couldn't wait to bump this thread back up could they?

Its only half time, bleedin cowards.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We'd be better off doing a rain dance than wait for Green to start delivering.

It was a weird, unbalanced side that Powell put out tonight, at least if it was in a 442, he'll have to hold his hands up a take the criticism for that, but people are kidding themselves if they think that starting with Green would have seen us to a significantly improved performance. Harriott by all accounts has had a couple of stinkers too recently as has Pritchard who would be another option.

Powell has lost faith in a number of his players it seems to me, but only in players that most fans have little faith in too. Unless he's allowed to bring in some new players we'll see more of these kind of odd team selections because he is at least trying something new instead of trotting out the same failing side.

The trouble is, unless we win he will get criticized because every fan has their likes and dislikes and they won't always overlap with other fans or the manager's. He'll be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't whoever he picks. It's not like he's leaving Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano on the bench like Pards did at West Ham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Pathetic isn't it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Jackson is our biggest only goal threat regardless of opinion. He has the knack that nobody else seems to have.

Corrected for you....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafctom said:

Pathetic isn't it.
    It's also pathetic how some people on here defend Powell at all times even when he has got something wrong. (I want Powell to stay )
  • Options
    Just FYI

cousins started on the right of the midfield. Evina on left side
  • Options
    Cousins is a worse decision than stephens on the right.
  • Options
    I'm a big supporter of Powell and I believe he is the right man to take this club forward BUT, sometimes, he really doesn't help himself. We are in big,big trouble now and they have all,to a man,got to stand up and be counted.
  • Options
    Like it or not, I think the writing is on the wall for CP.
  • Options
    75 minutes and we have not had 1 shot on target who do you blame
    Michael Smith has just scored again for Swindon just gets better
  • Options
    Save us avram!
  • Options
    Haha Green the answer to the right side?? Your having a laugh! How many chances does one need to show their not good enough. Plus Harriot had a knock against Huddersfield and was highly unlikely to play. Suppose that's Powell's thought.