Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    I am "hurting" inside today, after yesterday's performance and perhaps therefore writing from the anger within. The football under CP is poor in quality, the ball being lumped forward without seemingly any thought. Who is potential the target (?), Simon Church. For all his endeavour, he ranks, in my opinion, as the worse striker since the days of Leaburn. Secondly, why oh why do we play Cousins in any position other than that central midfield; the last two games, he seemed to be totally uninterested.

Would a change of management improve the quality of football, or is CP making the best of his poor resources? I simply don't know. What I do know is that I am hurting deeply inside today. I could take last week against Leicester, they were simply the best Championship side I have seen this season. Yesterday, almost to a man, they didn't turn up

I am going to have a few weeks off from football. At my advanced age, I should not be feeling like this.This is simply silly. A long therapeutic walk with my dog next Saturday afternoon is now on the cards.

I guess the tone of my ranting will no doubt invite some "you are not a real supporter" type comments. I don't care, I am hurting.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

The football under CP is poor in quality, the ball being lumped forward without seemingly any thought. Who is potential the target (?), Simon Church. For all his endeavour, he ranks, in my opinion, as the worse striker since the days of Leaburn.

Church's goal scoring record is less than some defenders. 3 goals in 28 appearances is extremely poor. Reza looks considerably more of a threat in front of goal.

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Cost me £450 to watch that rubbish

Blimey. My ticket was £15 & coach £22.
  • Options
    Ah, but what if the university authorities got rid of 5 or 6 of your best creative students from the end of last year and replaced them with a mixed bag of promising A level kids, visa students from different cultures and people with a GCSE in basket weaving?

Universities are there to educate students, they are not assets to be sold like footballers are
  • Options
    I am not in the know, I am just passing along what I have heard - that Powell has been sacked and it will be announced tomorrow.
  • Options
    jams said:

I am not in the know, I am just passing along what I have heard - that Powell has been sacked and it will be announced tomorrow.

Seems odd RD would talk about a discussing a new contract if he was only a few results away from the sack? Why bring it up at all if he's still not sure about Powell?

Unless we completely fall apart I'm expecting him to at least be here until the end of the season. After that no idea.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

jams said:

Seems odd RD would talk about a discussing a new contract if he was only a few results away from the sack? Why bring it up at all if he's still not sure about Powell?
    If it was to happen, It would mean it's not really about the results.
  • Options
    I agree I'm not sure I believe it myself, doesn't make sense, but then a lot to do with us doesn't these days
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

As a fan base and a club we need it sorted one way or another ASAP as it's slowly killing us.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Interesting to see how many Anti-Powell lot got banned eventually. 

I like that I never turned on Powell reading back through the many unread pages. I don't like that Roland's Reign of Rubbish and Abu Dhabi Bullshit Dept had me doubting whether I would have still supported Powell towards the end of his time with us. 

It seems my Rose Tinted Glasses melted away under Duchatelet the absolute prick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goodbye Scabbyhorse
  • Options
    Well I knew I wasn't calling for him to be sacked and going back through this thread confirmed it. :)