Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs whoring himself for Palace job

Comments

• Options
    "Iain Dowie's red and white army"
  • Options

If he blows the dust of Mervyn Day and takes him with him they will be relegated anyway so it will all end in tears if he takes it

I never understood the stick that Day got.

Curbs won't get the job.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I find the word "whoring" in this context to be offensive; grow up. Curbs is a football manager who seemingly wants to manage another club. Does it really matter whether it is CP or Hartlepool United? His choice as to which team he seeks to manage. That simple.

Offensive? Clearly it's you that needs to grow up Peter.

Whoring - "To compromise one's principles for personal gain". By account of more than one above, Curbs has himself previously laughed off the possibility of managing Palace on principle. So this word is evidently an apt and appropriate verb to describe his comments in that video.
  • Options
    Crystal palace might be nearish as the crow flies but its a right fecker to get too by road
    my mate won an auction in the summer (Lords Taverners I think) to play golf with Curbs and I said I'd rather do a boozey lunch/dinner which Curbs agreed to . Nothing has been sorted due to my ailments but I'll try and get something sorted so I can put the heat on him ....
    But if he's palace manager by then I don't think I could stomach it ....
  • Options
    Some people give palace far too much importance.

What curbs achieved with us gives him the right to manage who he wants without brain dead fans trying to dream up a 'taboo' about its a sin to go to palace.
  • Options

Crystal palace might be nearish as the crow flies but its a right fecker to get too by road
    my mate won an auction in the summer (Lords Taverners I think) to play golf with Curbs and I said I'd rather do a boozey lunch/dinner which Curbs agreed to . Nothing has been sorted due to my ailments but I'll try and get something sorted so I can put the heat on him ....
    But if he's palace manager by then I don't think I could stomach it ....

Exactly. He'd be better off at Ipswich which is another job he might have had. Get inside his head Oohaah.
  • Options

It wouldn't be nice if Curbs ended up there

It'd be like your ex girlfriend , who you had the most amazing loving relationship with , which ended by you both mutually agreeing to go your separate ways(she dumped you), turning up with a geeky harmless fella down the road
    He was a bit of a spotty twat and it's hard to admit but he is currently a bit more successful , better looking and has a bit of personality about him (and can be heard when he sings)
    You can't believe she'll end up with him , you hoped she had better taste but at the end of the day they're all whores
    She may not even go there , let's hope she's got a bit more class and we don't have to see the two of them frolicking and cavorting in public and the geeky twat might not even want her
    We have to move on we've had some right munters since that relationship , yep those slags may have had a bigger personality than our ex but when it came down to it they were shit in bed and couldn't produce results but we currently have a real hot lover who is very special and let's love and cherish this beauty she's definitely worth being with

Wibble wibble wibble

Hahaha love that
  • Options
    You can still get 33/1 on Curbs to commit the ultimate betrayal.

I don't think he'll get it, but if Pulis turns it down then most of the bookies' other contender seem quite unlikely.

Warnock, O'Neill and Avram Grant are all shorter odds than Curbs and fit the bill in some ways but can't see any of them going there.

Mike Phelan and Karl Robinson are shorter odds but don't fit the bill, so neither of them.

That leaves Coppell, Freedman, Di Matteo and Coleman, and I would say the first two wouldn't want it either.
  • Options
    Each to their own stonewall. Personally I loathe Crystal Palace and I was under the impression that most Charlton weren't too fond of them. I'm also pretty sure Curbs wasn't overly fond of them (hence dismissing managing them previously). You are welcome to cheer them on in their fight against survival if you so wish, but that doesn't make those who do detest Palace "brain dead", you imbecile.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

I find the word "whoring" in this context to be offensive; grow up. Curbs is a football manager who seemingly wants to manage another club. Does it really matter whether it is CP or Hartlepool United? His choice as to which team he seeks to manage. That simple.

Whoring - "To compromise one's principles for personal gain". By account of more than one above, Curbs has himself previously laughed off the possibility of managing Palace on principle. So this word is evidently an apt and appropriate verb to describe his comments in that video.
    Why would you think he's compromising his principles ? He's a professional football manager. Why should he not be interested in a job when it suits his personal arrangements in terms of status and location ? Oh no. It might upset a few Charlton fans who he was a hero to SEVEN years ago in a job that he was squeezed out of and now contribute nothing to his life whatsoever apart from some no doubt good memories. Peter is correct in every way. Grow up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that if he does miss out on this one then that will the end of him as a manager (well certainly prem clubs).

I do really believe he has been out of the game far to long, the game has moved on since he was manager.
  • Options
    What about Alex Mcleish? He'd take them down.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I would be disappointed if Curbs went there in the same way that despite his excellent managerial record I would not have wanted Steve Coppell at Charlton because of his affinity with Palace.Football is a lot more tribal now than it was even 10 years ago.We just have to look down the road at Millwall where Steve Lomas has been slated by their fans because he played for West Ham whereas I do not remember Billy Bonds getting the same amount of abuse.

Whether he gets offered the job depends on Pulis in my view.In many ways the former Stoke boss is where Alan was 5 years ago,in that he is linked with every job going but can afford to be choosy,if he turns it down then I think Curbs would be next in line along with the likes of Martin O'Neill.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Each to their own stonewall. Personally I loathe Crystal Palace and I was under the impression that most Charlton weren't too fond of them. I'm also pretty sure Curbs wasn't overly fond of them (hence dismissing managing them previously). You are welcome to cheer them on in their fight against survival if you so wish, but that doesn't make those who do detest Palace "brain dead", you imbecile.

You just made yourself look even more of an irrational moron. I didn't think it was possible but well done. :-)

• Options

PeterGage said:

Why would you think he's compromising his principles ? He's a professional football manager. Why should he not be interested in a job when it suits his personal arrangements in terms of status and location ? Oh no. It might upset a few Charlton fans who he was a hero to SEVEN years ago in a job that he was squeezed out of and now contribute nothing to his life whatsoever apart from some no doubt good memories. Peter is correct in every way. Grow up.

Because as stated above he has himself dismissed out of hand the possibility of managing Palace.
  • Options

You just made yourself look even more of an irrational moron. I didn't think it was possible but well done. :-)

Can you please point out which part of that post is "irrational"?
  • Options
    And you begrudge him making a living doing what he does best because based on some ridiculous tribal football fan fairyland world that revolves around your wants and bollox to anyone else.
  • Options
    I find the use of the word 'whoring' very offensive when used in relation to Curbs. I think he deserves more than that. #justsaying

• Options

I think that if he does miss out on this one then that will the end of him as a manager (well certainly prem clubs).

I do really believe he has been out of the game far to long, the game has moved on since he was manager.

As per my previous post, in what way is the game that much different than in 2008 (?).
  • Options
    That's irrelevant SHG - again, as stated above he has himself dismissed out of hand the possibility of managing Palace.

And as I said earlier, if people consider local rivalry to be a ridiculous fairyland then it's no surprise we have such a pitiful record against both Millwall and Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So when he is making his solitary walk back across the Valley turf wearing his stripey tie after spending an eternity clapping the Jimmy Seed stand, singing Sister Act songs and setting off flares, I wonder if he'll give the Covered End the coffee bean gesture (a la Paul Williams) or not ?
  • Options

I find the use of the word 'whoring' very offensive when used in relation to Curbs. I think he deserves more than that. #justsaying

Dictionary Definition - A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain. It's a completely appropriate term.
  • Options
    Perhaps it me then. I have never understood the football fan mentality of begrudging anyone that has the audacity to leave "your" club having another job or success.
  • Options

So please let us all wish Curbs good luck. Better than managing Millwall, as Jimmy Seed did after he left Charlton. To think there is a stand at the Valley named after a former Millwall manager,eh?

Let's get over the tribal rivalry and be happy to see Curbs resume his managerial career, if he can. It won't make him any less of a Charlton legend than moving to Millwall tarnished Jimmy Seed's reputation.

I understand your view but I see the facts in a different light.

Seed was sacked by Charlton. Charlton broke the loyalty bit. Plus Seed would not have the luxury of financial independence as Curbs after leaving the club.

Lawrence walked out on Charlton to a club he was supposed to be discussing buying one of there players, as the story goes. Lawrence was mercenary which was his prerogative, it is his career. However from a fan view I don't hold Lawrence in the same light as Curbs for that reason. Even though Lawrence did a good job for us, to me he is just another manager no more than that because of the way he left.

Curbs is financially sound and has had offers from other clubs we understand. When he came back with WHU I still had total regard for him, we all knew he was a hammer, no problem. I will always be grateful to him for restoring the pride of the club and achievements matching Jimmy Seed. However if he went to Palace, although my regard for what he did for this club would not change, I can only wish him the worse football time of his career.

Seeing decades of footballers/managers who don't have a fans loyalty hardens you, which you learn to accept, but it doesn't mean you have to like it or wish them the best with your local rivals.
    Agree with Eddie
    LenGlover said:

Why the shock?

Seed and Lawrence have been mentioned already. I also give you Steve Gritt who went to Millwall.

It's a job for players and managers and providing it pays the bills and fits in with the rest of their lives players and managers won't give a toss about which club they work at.

It's only us fans who have our heads screwed up by the emotion of it all.

I've met Curbs a couple of times and he strikes me as an honourable man. My take is that he hears all the guff about "an experienced premiership manager" and is simply reminding people that he still exists.

There are some parallels between the Palace board now and our board in the nineties in that wealthy fans are involved and Curbs is shrewd enough to work out that he would get the support he needs.

He'd take the job if offered and if (when) he keeps them up he is right back in the frame for a bigger, better job anywhere else that suits him.

And Len, in particular the highlighted part, he's reminding people he's about.
  • Options

As per my previous post, in what way is the game that much different than in 2008 (?).
    I don't get this either. You'd think we'd started playing 12-aside with a square ball since 2008. It's changed very little.

• Options
    edited October 2013

Can you please point out which part of that post is "irrational"?
    Probably the bit where irrationally presume i will be cheering on palace.

Your views are totally irrational. Numerous players and staff have played and worked for both clubs. This isn 't the first time it may happen.

Maybe i appreciate what curbs done for us more than a local rivalry.

Shoot me.
  • Options
    The guy is out of work, and it's a job at the end of the day! He was brilliant for us, but now we have Chirssy Powell so what does it matter? He was a great servant to the club and was well loved but that was a long time ago now, we need to concentrate on our club presently, not in the past.
  • Options

So when he is making his solitary walk back across the Valley turf wearing his stripey tie after spending an eternity clapping the Jimmy Seed stand, singing Sister Act songs and setting off flares, I wonder if he'll give the Covered End the coffee bean gesture (a la Paul Williams) or not ?

oh yeah! Forgot about that c***.
  • Options
    Well maybe your irrationality in calling me "brain dead" for disliking Palace is contagious then stonewall.

I absolutely worshipped Curbs and was heartbroken when he left. I appreciate everything he did for us but, as I said in the initial post, I simply feel let down and upset by this as local rivalry does mean a lot to me (as does Curbs) and I thought Curbs appreciated that as he always got us up for the derbies and he must be the only manager in our history with positive records against the spanners and the stripes.

So shoot me as well.
  • Options

Well maybe your irrationality in calling me "brain dead" for disliking Palace is contagious then stonewall.

I absolutely worshipped Curbs and was heartbroken when he left. I appreciate everything he did for us but, as I said in the initial post, I simply feel let down and upset by this as local rivalry does mean a lot to me (as does Curbs) and I thought Curbs appreciated that as he always got us up for the derbies and he must be the only manager in our history with positive records against the spanners and the stripes.

So shoot me as well.

*bang*

*Turns gun on self*

*Bang*