Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• Options
    I'm hoping Nathan Prior gets the job.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I rate him highly, I think he did a sterling job for us. Besides one bloody game.
  • Options

4th Favourite!

Behind Harris, Zola and Dennis Wise.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    Think Neil Harris would actually be quite a good acquisition for them... I dont know if he's got any badges but could be their own Chris Powell

Got I hope they dont pick him lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Think Neil Harris would actually be quite a good acquisition for them... I dont know if he's got any badges but could be their own Chris Powell

• Options

I mention Harris to the spanner, he said "No not enough experience plus wouldn't wanna slagg him off if it turns sour".
  • Options

4th Favourite!

Behind Harris, Zola and Dennis Wise.

Surely Zola is ex-West Ham so he's straight out of the running?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So was Lomas. Don't think Zola would take it though, even if offered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Di Canio?
  • Options
    Mick Harford and Harris are already there so may get the dreaded interim manager position.
    Dowie would be my choice but he is ex west ham so a no no.
    Who does sparrow want?
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    Alf Garnett 14/1
    Steve Jones 28/1
  • Options
    Where's Rhino these days? He was a fantastic appointment.
  • Options

Di Canio?

He may be a tad too far too the left politically for the Millwall fan base.
  • Options
    It was a strange post season for them. Berylson always backed Jackett and was willing to stretch the wages to proven champ players like Henderson: who prob cost double in weekly wages than any of our players we've had in the champ.

I can't believe the signings were all Lomas's. Perhaps they were, but they are all seasoned champ pros some who made it to the prem. Most will be on veryb large champ contracts, but most have proven themselves to be nowhere near their early promise and are way past their career peak. I'd like if we'd signed one or two like this, but they've virtually replaced their whole first team with players who bring little energy or will to prove themselves.

I don't think their squad's makeup is up to much. Both Jackett and Powell have built squads far superior to this one at Millwall, if only either of them had the money Lomas moulded his squad we' d both be pushing towards play offs. It's just a shame we didn't snap up James Henry that the foolish Lomas let go. He may have an off day, but he always is able to deliver a cross, something we lack this season.

I can disagree with Powell's tactical decisions, but the team bringing the squad together are geniuses. It's makeup and maleability is excellent. Compare that to the hilarity of Pardew's 9 strikers and two centre backs and without this genius we'd be definites for League One.
  • Options

So was Lomas. Don't think Zola would take it though, even if offered.

They'd need an interpreter for Zola.

• Options
    My bet is Harris will end up with it.
  • Options
    Jackett made a good decision in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red Mist / Mother F****r 4/1
  • Options

I'm hoping Nathan Prior gets the job.

Urgh, You said Nathan Prior and job in the same sentence. That's gotta be worth a banning order..............
  • Options
    I wouldve loved morrison at cafc
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I wouldve loved morrison at cafc

In their promotion season from L1 he was the stand out player and the 'spanner' in our works when we had them on the rack in that memorable 4-4 home draw 4 years ago. Lost his way a bit at Norwich and Leeds or maybe overrated for that level nevertheless he came a long way from lower league soccer in a short space of time and would be on my wanted list if money was no object albeit as a 30 year old.
  • Options
    wtf is soccer?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Now now you know full well if not try this,
    'Association football, commonly known as football or soccer, is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world's most popular sport' :0)
  • Options

Red Mist / Mother F****r 4/1

I could do with a few hours work here and there...
  • Options

wtf is soccer?

It was the British nickname for football, long before it was adopted by America.