Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Good appointment.
  • Options
    if we finish above millwall we'll be safe ......
  • Options

if we finish above millwall we'll be safe ......

Didn't Lennie say that in 89-90?
  • Options
    Ian holloway is single handedly trying his best to make us number one in South London. What a hero
  • Options
    Actually had a pretty poor record at Palace but weirdly got them promoted.
  • Options
    That has surprised me. Not sure how he will get along with the Millwall faithful. When they start chucking their toys out the pram (or their bottles, bricks, spanners etc), then Holloway is not the type to shirk away from giving them a piece of his mind.

Doesn't seem like a natural match to me.
  • Options
    He's taking over a decent squad that the useless lump that is Lomas (No Mas) didn't have a clue how to manage .. Millwall will end the season well above the relegation places, just as we will
  • Options
    Hollway is an impact manager- but there is a risk as it can go either way. Let's hope it goes the wrong way for them.lol
  • Options

Actually had a pretty poor record at Palace but weirdly got them promoted.

Lucky lucky bastards, last season's Championship was a freak year. If we'd beaten them once and drawn once instead of losing both games it would have been us in he play-offs instead of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hollway is an impact manager- but there is a risk as it can go either way. Let's hope it goes the wrong way for them.lol

It was already going seriously wrong. Under Lomas we were going down. The club was falling apart. He was turning up drunk. Harford can't run coaching sessions. Players were disillusioned. Fans were about to go beserk.

Holloway can not do any worse.
  • Options
    Isn't Holloway into art and culture, classical music - things like that?

Joining Millwall could be bit of a mid-life crisis.
  • Options

It was already going seriously wrong. Under Lomas we were going down. The club was falling apart. He was turning up drunk. Harford can't run coaching sessions. Players were disillusioned. Fans were about to go beserk.

We need to put that right at the new dump sorry den.
  • Options

Turning up drunk ! I seem to remember two teetotal Russians who ended up at Millwall and after just a few months were drinking and getting themselves banned from the Bromley Court Hotel. Could it be that being at. Millwall turns you to drink ? Or could it be they try to hard to be like the fans so they get accepted. Fans about to go berserk made me laugh as well, who would have thought ....
  • Options

rananegra said:

Terry Hurlock, perhaps ?
    From Wikipedia: "...Tony Cascarino: "Some of us [Millwall players] were playfully goading Terry about what he was going to do to Vinnie Jones in the upcoming fixture with Wimbledon. Without saying a word, he got up from the table and walked to the entrance of the pub and ripped the door off its hinges."

He's out of football, mate of mine works for the RMT union with him.

Is your mate a Charlton fan, who used to live very near the ground?
    He is indeed. Lives in Tunbridge Wells now makes it up for a couple of games a season.

• Options

at first i thought that he could do a good job at millwall but then i remembered that when he took over at palace they were top and they almost fell out of the playoff positions by the end of the season... lets hope that form continues at millwall and he takes them down

This. Don't understand why everyone says Holloway got Palace promoted. If he had been there the WHOLE season, they wouldn't have finished top six if you extrapolate the points he accumulated, over a season. That is a fact.

With Palace, he took a team doing well and nearly cocked them up. So it's my hope that with Millwall he takes a shit team and successfully cocks them up. I can dream, can't I?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Turning up drunk ! I seem to remember two teetotal Russians who ended up at Millwall and after just a few months were drinking and getting themselves banned from the Bromley Court Hotel. Could it be that being at. Millwall turns you to drink ? Or could it be they try to hard to be like the fans so they get accepted. Fans about to go berserk made me laugh as well, who would have thought ....
    Following a crap football team turns anyone to drink, let alone having to manage a crap football team.
  • Options
    Yes, I think it can go either way with him. To be fair, I think they would have had a blip had Freedman stayed. A big part will be how he clicks with the players as I imagine he is the sort of manager you may like and want to play for or not - I think he is a man of extremes.
  • Options
    The way to look at it is if Powell was to go, would you be happy with Holloway as our new boss. It's a resounding no from me, so i'm perfectly happy for millwall to have him.

• Options
    cafctom said:

That has surprised me. Not sure how he will get along with the Millwall faithful. When they start chucking their toys out the pram (or their bottles, bricks, spanners etc), then Holloway is not the type to shirk away from giving them a piece of his mind.

Doesn't seem like a natural match to me.

Agree with this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a major falling out between Holloway and the fans if things don't improve pretty sharpish, or if he feels moved to comment publicly on any off the field shenanigans.

Can't make up my mind about him as a manager, tbh. A pretty lacklustre cv until he did wonders at Blackpool, and then played a big part in Palace going up (not least tactically in the play off semis and final, which were superb). Let's hope he reverts to the earlier pattern.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The way to look at it is if Powell was to go, would you be happy with Holloway as our new boss. It's a resounding no from me, so i'm perfectly happy for millwall to have him.

Who would be your top 5 realistic replacements for Powell?

Considering your appointments since Curbishley don't get carried away.
  • Options

Steve Lomas.
  • Options

No question about it that's a very good move from Millwall, and like you say, under Lomas you were on a slide but... I'll be honest, I'm not too sure Holloway is geared up for a relegation battle, he didn't really have that when at Blackpool or Palace but at Leicester he was clueless, it could work for you, or it could get even worse, that's if you lot give him the time.

Will be watching with interest.....oh and looking forward to when you lot come to Hillborough for a big six pointer.

• Options
    He hasn't got players of the quality he had at Palace (Zaha/Murray) or at Blackpool, this is a far tougher job
  • Options

Will be watching with interest.....oh and looking forward to when you lot come to Hillborough for a MASSIVE six pointer.

• Options
    Decent appointment for Millwall, however he left Palace because he ran out of ideas and energy to keep them in the PL. Strange move to swap that for a Championship relegation fight.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Will be watching with interest.....oh and looking forward to when you come to Hillborough for my MASSIVE six incher.

• Options

Gary Megson
    Brian Laws
    Alan Knill
    Iain Dowie
    Mike Bassett

I'm sure Roland has one of these up his sleeve to replace Powell.
  • Options
    Holloway could mess it up big time or do a good job for them,one thing for sure is money wont be a problem cos there owner is mega rich,our new owner is only worth a fifth of what he is ment to own,so lets hope our owners let Powell have some cash and smallwalls owners are tight with theres
  • Options
    The loony at the asylum!