Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• The way to look at it is if Powell was to go, would you be happy with Holloway as our new boss. It's a resounding no from me, so i'm perfectly happy for millwall to have him.

Who would be your top 5 realistic replacements for Powell?

Considering your appointments since Curbishley don't get carried away.
    Gary Megson
    Brian Laws
    Alan Knill
    Iain Dowie
    Mike Bassett

I'm sure Roland has one of these up his sleeve to replace Powell.
    Word of mouth says it's Alan Knill. You could say it's Knill by mouth.
  • Warnock on a proper long term contract would have been a better choice, but he only wanted to stay short term - grab the money and run.
    Holloway is an astute manager. Jeez, getting Blackpool promoted was brilliant and they almost stayed up. If his nerve has gone then it will all go belly up but I think he will do okay. On paper they have a better team than us.
  • Surprised by this, not really his style- usually goes for teams that are already doing well and takes the glory.
  • It's pretty much the best appointment they could have hoped for - disappointed.
  • edited January 2014
  • I'm really interested to see how he does there. Not the type of manager I expected to hear announced.
  • I wonder how Holloway will react, if they lose a few and they start c**ting him off, as they do.

I reckon he'll lose it big time.
  • I wonder how Holloway will react, if they lose a few and they start c**ting him off, as they do.

I reckon he'll lose it big time.

My thoughts entirely, or if they have serious crowd trouble at a big game, he is the sort of bloke who will just walk.

Very interesting appointment, it will either go brilliantly or very, very badly!
  • at the moment its going very badly for them so a change had to come ,just think its a shame its Holloway,i think he will steer them clear and he didn't come cheep I bet,but there owner is mega rich they say.
  • Well, I suppose if you can't take the glory for getting a team promoted then the next best is for saving them from relegation!
    Became well 'known' when he was down here managing Plymouth, and we all know how that ended!
    His record with struggling sides is they've all been relegated (if I remember correctly), and if they have gone up they've quite often come straight back down again.
    He's got a reputation for something 'conveniently' happening when things aint going well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure his ego will handle the grief he gets when the braincells down there get restless.
  • nah he'll chuck his toys out the pram-history tells us this.
  • Not sure his ego will handle the grief he gets when the braincells down there get restless.

Agree with this.
  • Holloway has always struck me, being a flair manager rather than a relegation battler type. He only has to look at the statistics to know what's wrong at Millwall, leaking to many goals. If he insists with his style of playing open football it could back fire or they could get results like their best spell this season. They have Hudds Ipswich and Massives next up, all games with a possible points return, lose them and not get the new manager upsurge and it will spell trouble.
  • ... lose them and not get the new manager upsurge and it will spell trouble.

Exactly this, he's made an entire managerial career out of it-you only have to look at his record-it'll be interesting to see as he hasn't actually joined a club when they are in a position as bad as this, more that he's managed to ride on someones previous good work.
  • I also think, as a manager, there's a hint of Dicannio about him.
  • will Kevin Philips join his old pall Holloway at the Toolbox,i would like him at Charlton
  • doronron said:

will Kevin Philips join his old pall Holloway at the Toolbox,i would like him at Charlton

I think he's heading to a Midlands club.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Solidgone said:

Apparently the bookies have stopped taking bets on Holloway.

Only fair. He's fucked up the Nigels, only right the Spanners get a go too!! ;-)

Yeah totally fucked them up...................by getting them promoted to the premier league. They're in a right mess!
    Personally, I think he's a busted flush.
    This^

Nice fella and all that but a bit thick/tactically nieve and doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of top management. Lower leagues he'd probably be ok.
    For me, going to Millwall kinda shows up his lack of intelligence....lose a couple of games and the natives will probably eat him.

• Lovely bloke, and I reckon a good appointment for Millwall given the context at the moment.
    Obviously it gives decent Millwall fans a chance to back up a good guy, and to focus on on the pitch stuff.
    I feel sure he will keep them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• This^

Nice fella and all that but a bit thick/tactically nieve and doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of top management. Lower leagues he'd probably be ok.
    For me, going to Millwall kinda shows up his lack of intelligence....lose a couple of games and the natives will probably eat him.

Very ironic.
  • and will Kevin Philips join him at the tool box
  • doronron said:

and will Kevin Philips join him at the tool box

Always good to have a Phillips in the tool box.
    Perhaps they should have Hamer too?
  • Think Philips is lined up for Leicester.
  • on both sides!
  • "Everything they want for the club completely mirrored how I feel. I've never felt so wanted in my whole life."

He makes me want to puke. Used to be entertaining, now tedious.
  • i think its a great signing for them,holloway and them will get along fine, imo this decision has kept them up
  • Lol...I'm sure the Spanners will all go along happily with that last line!!

"...perhaps there's one more chance for him to prove his critics wrong, providing he can find a club that's more interested in having a witty, likeable manager than getting results on the pitch"!!!

;-)