Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Naki.....my bank balance improved when that goal went in. Sorted my five fold out a treat.
  • Options

Millwall have a very limited squad so I'd include them with Barnsley, Yeovil and Donny.

If their squad is limited then Gawd only knows what that makes ours!
  • Options
    Are we not in the process of bringing players in? - there is a possibility of relegation for us, but not a strong one IMO.
  • Options
    We can now see what a good job Kenny Jacket was doing!
  • Options
    The problem for Millwall is one they have shown over the years can't be solved. I don't think there are many clubs of their size who could turn what should have been a historic and memorable day - getting to Wembley - into one of total shame and embaressment.
  • Options

The problem for Millwall is one they have shown over the years can't be solved. I don't think there are many clubs of their size who could turn what should have been a historic and memorable day - getting to Wembley - into one of total shame and embaressment.

Not really historic, we'd been to Wembley twice in the previous few years and another FA Cup Semi final 9 years previous. When you get there so often it starts to lose it's magic.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I don't even think millwalls chances of staying up have improved.

His form as a manager is on a downward spiral. He has not achieved that much in football part from a few laughs in a press conference.

He has achieved more than Lomas, so in that respect it's an improvement and for a club of our size & resources in this division I'd say it's one of the best appointments we could make.

Whether he can make a difference I'm not sure, but the club was turning toxic under Lomas, huge unrest in the dressing room, so hopefully he can do enough to keep us up at least.
  • Options
    put it this way there are a lot more managers i'd have preferred them to get than holloway, they've had a right touch
  • Options

Millwall have a very limited squad so I'd include them with Barnsley, Yeovil and Donny.

If their squad is limited then Gawd only knows what that makes ours!
    Shit? Though backed by Belgian dosh, CP is about to do another amazing rebuild mid-season and we will finish in the play offs. True story.
  • Options
    Won't be long before he loses the plot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Won't be long before he loses the plot

The moment that lot get on his back just watch him lose it.
  • Options
    sparrows why was there so much unrest in the dressing room, Lomas achieved well in jock land so was not a novice as such,

• Options

sparrows why was there so much unrest in the dressing room, Lomas achieved well in jock land so was not a novice as such,

It sounds like there was a combination of factors, of which I have no idea how much contributed to the unrest.

But it ranges from Lomas bringing in too many players on big wages which may have upset other players, allegedly turning up to work reeking of booze, having an assistant (Harford) who spent more time on the phone than taking training, poor man management in outright blaming players, apparently endlessly going on about how "we did it at west ham" with Bywater constantly agreeing with him which apparently led to Andy Keogh stepping in & knocking out Bywater, clueless tactics, poor fitness regime (they've never looked so unfit) and players feeling under additional pressure due to the pressure on Lomas to do well due to his west ham connections.

Overall he didn't seem to have any focused style of play or strategy that the fans could identify, so I presume the players were equally miffed. We'd spend most of the game hoofing it to Scott McDonald who is about 5'8". Players just seemed exasperated with it all.

No excuse for them to start reducing their effort, but it sounded like it was a disaster from the start.
  • Options

It sounds like there was a combination of factors, of which I have no idea how much contributed to the unrest.

But it ranges from Lomas bringing in too many players on big wages which may have upset other players, allegedly turning up to work reeking of booze, having an assistant (Harford) who spent more time on the phone than taking training, poor man management in outright blaming players, apparently endlessly going on about how "we did it at west ham" with Bywater constantly agreeing with him which apparently led to Andy Keogh stepping in & knocking out Bywater, clueless tactics, poor fitness regime (they've never looked so unfit) and players feeling under additional pressure due to the pressure on Lomas to do well due to his west ham connections.

Overall he didn't seem to have any focused style of play or strategy that the fans could identify, so I presume the players were equally miffed. We'd spend most of the game hoofing it to Scott McDonald who is about 5'8". Players just seemed exasperated with it all.

No excuse for them to start reducing their effort, but it sounded like it was a disaster from the start.
    Sounds to good to be true. Reading this makes me sad that agent Lomas has gone. ;-)
  • Options

But apart from that what did he do wrong?
  • Options
    The natives are getting restless. 1 win in 8 now for Holloway. How long before he loses it?
  • Options
    "Holloway can fuck off"

"Already bored with what holloway has to say. Will get another explanation soon about this dire performance. Under lomas is would of been called an excuse. Mid table league 1 side at best, and the new signing don't feel me with confidence"

"Go back to palace fucking double agent no better than lomas"
  • Options
    On the FLS it shows Holloway coming out of the tunnel, turns to the Millwall lot and starts doing the pay homage to them, hope it all ends in tears
  • Options

The natives are getting restless. 1 win in 8 now for Holloway. How long before he loses it?

About 20 days! ;-)
  • Options
    They'll still turn us over on the 15th.

Bunch of shithouses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Into the bottom 3 you go Ian. Won't be long before you lose the plot now as the natives won't be too pleased at being replaced by us in drop zone and will be on your back soon enough. Tick tock.
  • Options

Into the bottom 3 you go Ian. Won't be long before you lose the plot now as the natives won't be too pleased at being replaced by us in drop zone and will be on your back soon enough. Tick tock.

Yes, I bet he will be gutted at getting a nice fat severance cheque for a couple of months work!

Millwall's problem is that Lomas spunked the budget on far too many "comfortable" players such as Nicky Bailey and Scott McDonald.
  • Options

Millwall's problem is that Lomas spunked the budget on far too many "comfortable" players such as Nicky Bailey and Scott McDonald.

Fair point, but Holloway has signed the likes of Simeon Jackson, DJ Campbell, Upson, Bessone, Fredericks from Spurs, Owen Garvan, so he's been fairly well backed too.
  • Options
    Bailey wont be there next season, was told to have a week off by Holloway
  • Options
    I think they will go down bottom.
  • Options
    Millwall's problem is that they appointed Ian Holloway. He is beyond overrated

I laughed at the start of this thread and I shall laugh at the end
  • Options

Bailey wont be there next season, was told to have a week off by Holloway

Why, what happened?

I still can't see holloway not turning it around.