Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

When asked to sign those contract things it's hard to imagine any of the players thought anything other than "this manager is a total bell end"

Can anyone imagine Terry Hurlock signing that!
    Can he write?

Isn't he a union rep? taking over from Bob Crowe?
  • Options
    oh lordy does my belly hurt
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Time to check out northstandbanter. Hahahaha
  • Options
    From a Millwall site:

"Been saying it for weeks, players out of position, players who haven't been deemed good enough thrown into the squad, different formations every 20 minutes, it's like a 9 year old playing Football manager"

"Needs to take full responsibility for that.
    1. 343 with our best centrehalf on the bench
    2. Woolford at left back one on one against their main player.
    3. Mcdonald in centre midfield
    4. Jimi on the right hand side of the midfield 3.
    5. 4 centre forwards on the pitch and no c*** who can cross a ball.

A simple formation with players in position and we would have won that. Thats us down now."

"Just as bad,may be worse than lomas .
    Signing's fu*king no better than conference ,
    The time he's had any manager worth he's due we'd be safe by now.
    Basically what I'm saying he's nicking a wage ,we're get relegated & the cu*t will quit"

• Options
    To be fair, I've seen No.5 said on here a few times lately...but obviously without the swear word!! ;-)
  • Options
    millwall under srious pressure and will continue ot screw thsi up. holloway was odd because he plays attackign football and concedes lots. their problem was conceding, so makes no sense. it puzzled me and some palace mates that holloway resigns about 3 months earlier for being drained but 3 months later he is fien to manage in a relegation dogfight. i liked him but i have begun to realsie that asides from blackpool and plymouth, he has done very poorly. you win some you lose some
  • Options
    Just watch them turn on him and Holloway lose the plot
  • Options
    George Jones ‏@G92Jones 2m
    Just been informed that the home dressing room door at The Den is still locked.... #Millwall
  • Options
    Holloway appointment could have gone either way- looks like it is going the right way! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It goes without saying that anyone can beat anyone in this league but if we win 4 of our last 11, it's an almost impossible task for them to win 5 and draw 1 of their last 8 to get above us.
  • Options
    I wonder if Holloway is still going to be writing about the troubles at Charlton in his Sunday Mirror column. ;-)
  • Options

It goes without saying that anyone can beat anyone in this league but if we win 4 of our last 11, it's an almost impossible task for them to win 5 and draw 1 of their last 8 to get above us.

We have to finish above 3 teams though! I think we should be alright tbh but a few nervy moments are probably still on the cards.
  • Options
    Was never worried about Millwall. Yeovil are the team to fear and they play Barnsley on Saturday. Which is the one to worry about.

Stand by my prediction of Barnsley, Millwall, Blackpool.

Blackpool still have to play wigan, brighton, yeovil, us, burnley, derby, leeds
  • Options
    Holloway avoiding the knuckle-draggers wanting a word.

• Options
    Holloway and Millwall deserve each other.
  • Options
    'He is excellent at organisation and getting the most out of limited players, producing teams that are fit with a good work ethic. The next level, where you need to develop tactically and the way you play football, along with identifying players, he seems to struggle with.'
    Agree with Sparrow. Jackett knows his stuff and is proving himself again this year.
    Will be surprised if Millwall don't implode now. Their fans don't tolerate being humiliated. Wonder if Hollaway might walk...
  • Options
    Bet many a spanner has been up in Holloway
  • Options
    If the scum do indeed go down and we stay up it proves that the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong. Satan does NOT rule the world!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is it about Palace sending their managers out to destroy their neighbours, Dowie to us, Holloway to Millwall...
  • Options
    If they do go down how much will Holloway's stock have plummetted in a year? Takes some doing, that.
  • Options
    George Jones ‏@G92Jones 5m
    22.58 (over 75 minutes since full-time) The #Millwall players are out of the dressing room, but Holloway is still in there....
  • Options

Just been informed that the home dressing room door at The Den is still locked.... #Millwall

Probably to keep them at bay from their own fans.
  • Options

Must be all those fines Holloway is dishing out from his `Ollies Law Player Behaviour Contract' he made 'em all sign the other week...

....wadda cock.

• Options
    Classic
    Lomas may have flirted with relegation - Holloway has f@cked her up the @rse with no lubricant
  • Options
    I still think they can get out of it.... There's goals in them strikers , hopefully the rest of the scum continue on their merry way of shitness
  • Options
    It's go to be a close close finish... Luckily it's in our hands.
  • Options
    I know a lot of people on here we're impressed with their summer transfer activity, but is always thought the squad they'd assembled had flaws and thought they would struggle. Nicky Bailey is the most over rated player I've ever seen play for Charlton.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised to see them doing quite as badly as they are. Enjoying it though!
  • Options

I know a lot of people on here we're impressed with their summer transfer activity, but is always thought the squad they'd assembled had flaws and thought they would struggle. Nicky Bailey is the most over rated player I've ever seen play for Charlton.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised to see them doing quite as badly as they are. Enjoying it though!

The players were good on paper based on out of date form. Almost every signing has not performed for a year or so. All players on their way down which were hoping to bring back up to previous levels.

From a glass half full view we were signing a lot of experienced potential that if replicated previous form would do well.

Glass half empty view was that we signed multiple players whose careers are on the downward trend and we were their last stop off for decent money.

The latter has happened.