Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lomas sacked/Holloway Appointed at Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Bad news if they get Holloway, he is a real impact manager and will get them out of trouble.

Very surprised if they could afford him though.
  • Options
    Millwall might get a manager who has promoted two teams to the premier league on quite à small budget.

Not sure what everyone is laughing at.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Solidgone said:

Apparently the bookies have stopped taking bets on Holloway.

Only fair. He's fucked up the Nigels, only right the Spanners get a go too!! ;-)

Yeah totally fucked them up...................by getting them promoted to the premier league. They're in a right mess!
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Solidgone said:

Only fair. He's fucked up the Nigels, only right the Spanners get a go too!! ;-)

Yeah totally fucked them up...................by getting them promoted to the premier league. They're in a right mess!
    And then threw his hands up and said I can't do this it's too hard !
  • Options
    Very much doubt Millwall could afford Holloway, and I think he is better than that.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Very much doubt Millwall could afford Holloway, and I think he is better than that.

Agree - unless he has family reasons for wanting to stay in London.

He has two PL promotions already so surely will command much more than Lomas.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's holloway. Announcement due at 13:00
  • Options
    if it does go wrong it will go very wrong

must admit holloway gave lots of reasons like pressure,needing a rest,failing to motivate players,head not right etc for leaving palace ....so although i quite like him lets hope it goes very wrong for them
  • Options
    lolwray said:

must admit holloway gave lots of reasons like pressure,needing a rest,failing to motivate players,head not right etc for leaving palace ....so although i quite like him lets hope it goes very wrong for them

Think the whole thing was a balls up, didn't have any plans in place for promotion and they all panicked, with 16 signings and no real strategy. Ruined the dressing room.

Don't think there's much danger of us having the same problem of premiership promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m
    Sky Sources: Ian Holloway will be named as the new Millwall manager. More on #ssn as we get it...
  • Options
    They will win 1st few games under him, or at least up their game, but after that the manager will get frustrated at the rubbish he has at his disposal and probably a bit of a depressing realisation in comparison to the higher status job he had earlier in the season. Pulis is showing him up abit, probably why holloway decided to make a rapid return to the game.
  • Options
    A good appointment for the Spanners. No doubt about it.

If they'd given Harris the job would have thought relegation was on the cards but highly unlikely with Holloway there.
  • Options

Sky Sources: Ian Holloway will be named as the new Millwall manager. More on #ssn as we get it...

Good appointment. A comfortable mid-table finish for them now this season.
  • Options

Good appointment. A comfortable mid-table finish for them now this season.
    Not necessarily. Remember his spell at Leicester?
  • Options
    Holloway is a sensitive soul, huge risk him going there and pretty much shows near enough everyone in football will go somewhere if the money is right.

It will either go spectacularly wrong or, well, I don't want to think about that !
  • Options
    Thought holloways moral compass would be beyond managing millwall. A lot of things in this make it a surprising appointment. Money talks.
  • Options
    at first i thought that he could do a good job at millwall but then i remembered that when he took over at palace they were top and they almost fell out of the playoff positions by the end of the season... lets hope that form continues at millwall and he takes them down
  • Options
    I think it's a decent appointment for them but he's not as great as people make out.

People forget the fact that Palace only just about stumbled into the play offs. All their good work was done by Freedman, they were absolutely flying under him. But from the start of December to the last game of the season, Palace only won 6 games. They won on the last day but if the season had gone another week or 2, they'd have f*cked it up. He was in charge of Palace for 46 games and only won 14.

However i do think he's a decent manager, and he'll certainly make them more solid and keep them up.
  • Options
    Got Leicester relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was stressed and needed a rest after Palace.

Now decides to go down The Den. Odd.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Thought holloways moral compass would be beyond managing millwall.

That's made me chuckle.
  • Options

lolwray said:

Think the whole thing was a balls up, didn't have any plans in place for promotion and they all panicked, with 16 signings and no real strategy. Ruined the dressing room.

Don't think there's much danger of us having the same problem of premiership promotion.
    agree ....the danger is if holloway isnt ready and is going through a "sensitive" period he might send you down with not only him but a few others on expensive contracts

• Options

TelMc32 said:

Solidgone said:

I was thinking of the mass recruitment drive which resulted in a broken dressing room and a lot of players who lost all respect for the man. As someone else has mentioned, Pulis is showing him up a bit with his organisation of what he was left to work with. That and the fact that he almost contrived to help them lose out on the promotion anyway with the form they had after he took over. If it hadn't been for our usual roll over act in London derbies, they would have missed out and Millwall would have been down as well.

Personally, I think he's a busted flush. Millwall need some organising at the back - what is it, 50+ goals conceded and that's with a decent keeper - and just don't think he's that sort of manager.
  • Options
    He's been around the block and will stabilise them quickly enough. Pity really.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Thought holloways moral compass would be beyond managing millwall.

That's made me chuckle.
    Be gentle with him, SLL

• Options
    Lol. Millwall have the worst goals let in record and to fix it bring in Ian Holloway...Hello League1.
  • Options
    holloway is not going through a good managerial spell right now. he was 2-3 years ago but not now. at palace i seem to remember them doing good for the first few games then scraping playoffs and lifting htier game. they got one prem win and that was agaisnt di canio. i would say the crystal palace psell for him seemed like it was better than it was. in this situation i think they have made the wrong appointment by getting him. get a manager who will stop leaking goals. millwall have defensive problems so it is stupid to get a manager who bases his gae on scoring a lot and playing attackin football. he could potentially do a blackpool tho. i reckon if they strt well with him they stay up, if not its league one.
  • Options

Lol. Millwall have the worst goals let in record and to fix it bring in Ian Holloway...Hello League1.

Most entertaining team in the division now. We'll concede 3 a game but score 4, 5, 6 or 7 goals.

No idea who or how we'll score those goals yet though.....
  • Options
    Holloway confirmed on Millwall web site