Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options

so that this thread does not die a death full of bollocks, boredom and rubbish about other stuff, i propose before anyone posts a thread they must actually either have a question, an opinion or information on the takeover. look at the other takeover thread.

Haven't you just broken your own rule?

: - )
  • Options

His record with Managers reads...

July 2011 - May 2012 / May 2012 - Oct 2012 / Oct 2012 - May 2013 / May 2013 - Current.

The Powell Out brigade will be pleased...

Doesn't a brigade require more than one person?
  • Options
    No sign of any Belgians but TJ just walked in. MS not about though.
  • Options
    Can confirm Roland is at the game along with slater
  • Options
    Perhaps an artificial pitch would give us an advantage to sort our home form out.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    http://www.slp.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=43554&headline=Charlton confirm takeover talks

Charlton confirm takeover talks
    Saturday, 28 December 2013

By Richard Cawley
    CHARLTON have confirmed they are in takeover talks with Belgian millionaire Roland Duchatelet.
    The Addicks were previously in discussions with American billionaire Joshua Harris, only for the sports mogul to end his interest after carrying out due diligence.
    But now Duchatelet is close to acquiring the Championship clubs, with one national paper claiming it will be for a knockdown fee of £14m.
    Duchatelet already owns Standard Liege, who he bought for a reputed £35m in 2011.
    A Charlton statement read: "The club are happy to confirm that negotiations are taking place for Roland Duchatelet to take over Charlton Athletic Football Club.
    Addicks chairman Michael Slater added: "Very constructive discussions are ongoing which we hope to conclude soon."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Following a Belgian plated merc out of the valley......
  • Options

Following a Belgian played merc out of the valley......

keep on his tail!

• Options
    My mate who works there and knows what's what confirmed to me before the game that he was on the premises
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Can confirm Roland is at the game along with slater

He was watching the game?

Bugger, there goes that opportunity then... ;)
  • Options
    I was in the lower West close to the Directiors box and I didn't see him. TJ and RM were both there though.
  • Options
    He will probably by someone else after that shocking display.
  • Options
    Fella at the game today recons deal will be done next week and the total cost will be around £25m ( although he did say the £14 m quoted was for the stadium which I felt a bit rediculous)
  • Options
    So who is this "fella" exactly? One of the fabled ITK clan?
  • Options
    A good old fashioned scoop told me that there is also a second party waiting in the background and that only a price had been agreed with the man from Belgium.
  • Options

But as Henry most famously says.....when its on the OS. Untill then i find it funny people comparing us to Watford and how many loans we will have from SL. We will get taken over and any takeover wether we like it or not will eventually se us move from the valley.

Moving from the Valley is not part of Duchatelet's plan, I've been told. Worth bearing that in mind when weighing up other aspects of his possible plans, IF he turns out to be our new owner.
    Out of interest Prague, what have you been told ARE his possible plans, if he turns out to be our new owner
    Virtually nothing else. 48 hours ago I'd never heard of him

But you know his intentions re a possible move.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

A good old fashioned scoop told me that there is also a second party waiting in the background and that only a price had been agreed with the man from Belgium.

That rumour is doing the rounds then.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Davo55 said:

TelMc32 said:

Rick...my comment was purely about the standard of person brought in and their reputation in the industry. You possibly know Mal (he's worked at Everton, Hull & Coventry as well) and I have the utmost respect for him as a friend & a seasoned football man.

The "in credit" comment stems from where we are & where we were when they came in. I know how desperate we were for a deal at that time and they were needed. That's it, nothing more.

I've stated previously that I'm not a fan of the management methods that have seen you, Peter & many others leave the club. Let's leave it there & hope this takeover goes through for us all to celebrate a happy New Year.

Further PV's treatment by Slater and Jimenez over the ensuing months was disgraceful and I hope one day people will come to understand just what has gone on, because they might then think twice about lauding the people responsible.

Very many of us would love to understand this better, not (just) out of curiosity but to be able to consider all the debits and credits of their leadership in full. I guess very few people might be able to tell us that story, but PV and you are perhaps best placed to do so. What are the chances of that being told, maybe when their reign is over?
    Honestly think that it's more important that the club moves on, but there is a risk that certain people will be provoked into telling their story if history gets rewritten.
    Fair enough AB, but then people will make their minds up on the basis of what is known to them and you can't really blame them if they perceive a more successful TJ/Slater/Prothero period of tenure than you might feel is justified.
  • Options
    A lot of Charlton supporters coincidently happen to have mates that support Liege don't they.
  • Options

A lot of Charlton supporters coincidently happen to have mates that support Liege don't they.

I wonder if they're mutual friends through Jim Davidson?
  • Options
    Powell explained: "The club are looking to push it over the line.

"Once it all goes through, if it does then, a new pitch will be the third thing I will ask about.

"The first will be tie up these players who have six months on their contact. I want to find out about the players' future - they deserve that.

"Then it will be about my staff and myself and also about the club because the fans need to know where we are going. Ultimately it is the fans' club but we need investment.
  • Options

Powell explained: "The club are looking to push it over the line.

"Once it all goes through, if it does then, a new pitch will be the third thing I will ask about.

"The first will be tie up these players who have six months on their contact. I want to find out about the players' future - they deserve that.

"Then it will be about my staff and myself and also about the club because the fans need to know where we are going. Ultimately it is the fans' club but we need investment.

Where is that from Adam?
  • Options

I got a few mates that support French teams, but then again, I do live in France!
  • Options
    Thanks Adam, positive to hear that from Powell. Further:

"It is my job to galvanise and gee up players who were at League One level.

"I want to push this club on and to do that we need to improve the squad.

"We are battling away as much as we can and that has brought us 23 points from 23 games - but we want that to be better."

"It's an ideal time - but until I have had discussions it is all conjecture."
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options

I was in the lower West close to the Directiors box and I didn't see him. TJ and RM were both there though.

I thought Richard Murray looked quite cheerful today. Lots of shaking of hands and smiles. Actually looked quite chipper.