Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:

A good old fashioned scoop told me that there is also a second party waiting in the background and that only a price had been agreed with the man from Belgium.

I understand Slater / Jimensz trying to get a good deal but I wish they would stop fecking around and get on and sell the damn club, so the club and supporters (and them) can move on.

All this ducking and diving. It is ridiculous, who the hell is this other party ? If they are truly interested they should get on with and do the deal and Slater / Jimensz should not feck about interested parties. Maybe this is why Josh Harris walked away from the idioicy. Slater / Jimensz get on with it and do the deal for feck sake.
  • Options
    I reckon the deal is done and they are just waiting for the next home game to make the announcement ... queue fireworks :)

Fook me we don't learn do we?
  • Options
    Had two family members in the Directors box today. No revelations but Chris Parkes was apparently very optimistic for the future. That is good news afaiac,
  • Options
    Powell deserves to be able to compete at this level. With no investment his hands are badly tied, especially as the gates are not great. I must be right in thinking Wilson is the last player we paid a fee for, and that we haven't bought anyone else (for a fee) since 2011.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Powell deserves to be able to compete at this level. With no investment his hands are badly tied, especially as the gates are not great. I must be right in thinking Wilson is the last player we paid a fee for, and that we haven't bought anyone else (for a fee) since 2011.

No button we paid a fee, well it was delayed for 12 months upon which we had to sell to pay that fee!!!!

• Options
    scruffle said:

Splodge said:

No button we paid a fee, well it was delayed for 12 months upon which we had to sell to pay that fee!!!!

Oh really? That's interesting.
  • Options
    We agreed a fee for button we never paid one as we sold him for what we agreed
  • Options
    Loco said:

I reckon the deal is done and they are just waiting for the next home game to make the announcement ... queue fireworks :)

Some of us do. The same morons don't though. But yeah, will definitely be done by next week, I'd put my house on it.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

But yeah, will definitely be done by next week, I'd put my house on it.

Before I start packing up my belongings for a move, where is your house located?.............
  • Options
    Narnia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

cafc999 said:

A good old fashioned scoop told me that there is also a second party waiting in the background and that only a price had been agreed with the man from Belgium.

I understand Slater / Jimensz trying to get a good deal but I wish they would stop fecking around and get on and sell the damn club, so the club and supporters (and them) can move on.

All this ducking and diving. It is ridiculous, who the hell is this other party ? If they are truly interested they should get on with and do the deal and Slater / Jimensz should not feck about interested parties. Maybe this is why Josh Harris walked away from the idioicy. Slater / Jimensz get on with it and do the deal for feck sake.
    Can I ask who advised you that Harris had walked away???
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Loco said:

Some of us do. The same morons don't though. But yeah, will definitely be done by next week, I'd put my house on it.
    Does the rest of your family know they are about to become homeless?
  • Options
    i think the longer it goes on the less likely it is to go through, for takeovers to happen successfully the noises that come out are normally concluded very quickly after

all this talk of next week is worrying to me
  • Options
    Hopefully it'll be announced before our next home League game as thats the 11th against Barnsley... Nearly half the transfer window will be closed by then
  • Options
    Today is a working day, banks are open.
  • Options
    Pay day Wednesday I assume!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Pay day Wednesday I assume!

Not a working day
  • Options
    Tomorrow then?
  • Options
    Millennium bug so there'll be problems with the change of year etc etc so next week sometime when Minty puts some dough in
  • Options
    Weren't we taken over 3 years ago by the present owners ........ on January 1st?

Most companies, especially those registered outside of the UK, conclude their financial year on December 31st.

It may just be a matter of timing (he says optimistically).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Weren't we taken over 3 years ago by the present owners ........ on January 1st?

Most companies, especially those registered outside of the UK, conclude their financial year on December 31st.

It may just be a matter of timing (he says optimistically).

So it's true, there was never a five year plan?
  • Options
    It was New Year's Eve
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It was Xmas Year's Eve

In the Drunk Tank

• Options
    An old man said to me, 'Je suis Roland'
  • Options
    I think I might have mentioned New Year's Eve once or twice!!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I think I might have mentioned New Year's Eve once or twice!!

Careful B...you're beginning to sound like Big Rob who has, apparently, been known to mention the same thing once or twice!!

;-)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

An old man said to me, 'Je suis Roland'

Is that from his song(of Roland)?
  • Options
    Thought they said we HAD been taken over on the FL show.
  • Options
    Hello.
    I haven't read every post in this thread but it seems like most of you are optimistic about Duchatelet taking over. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Duchatelet won't lift your club to an higher level. If you're lucky he'll invest some cash at the beginning of his reign.

I'm afraid you'll become the 6th club in his network. He owns Carl Zeis Jena in Germany and Standard de Liege in Belgium. His son his the chairman of Hungarian club Ujpest. He saved Belgian second tier club Tubize from financial trouble and is now major shareholder. And at my own club at last Sintruidense VV or STVV his girlfriend is owner of the stadium and all grounds surrounding it. Officially he sold our club when he bought Standard because both teams were in the first division at that point and you obviously cannot own 2 clubs that compete in the same division. But he actually still runs things at the club. Our current chairman is a dear friend of his and just a puppet on a string. When he "sold" the club he gave the stadium and its grounds to his girlfriend so we now pay 400.000 Euro rent a year to plag in our own Stadium.

He recently called these 6 clubs his network and there have been player swappings between Ujpest, STVV, Standard and Tubize. We mostly got young,talented players who had to be in the starting eleven even though they weren't yet up for the task. He destroyed our club from within and we are nothjng bht his toy at the moment.

I fear the same thing might happen with Charlton. He'll use you to steal your talent, drop young players in the first squad to increase their market value. He"ll use your stadium ground to build hotels, shops and industry ( Very positive for the local economy I have to admit). And he"ll sell your players as soon as there's a profit in store for him

The man knows nothing about football but he is a cunning bastard.

All the best of luck and I hope for you guys I'm wrong.
  • Options
    STVVfan said:

Hello.
    I haven't read every post in this thread but it seems like most of you are optimistic about Duchatelet taking over. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Duchatelet won't lift your club to an higher level. If you're lucky he'll invest some cash at the beginning of his reign.

I'm afraid you'll become the 6th club in his network. He owns Carl Zeis Jena in Germany and Standard de Liege in Belgium. His son his the chairman of Hungarian club Ujpest. He saved Belgian second tier club Tubize from financial trouble and is now major shareholder. And at my own club at last Sintruidense VV or STVV his girlfriend is owner of the stadium and all grounds surrounding it. Officially he sold our club when he bought Standard because both teams were in the first division at that point and you obviously cannot own 2 clubs that compete in the same division. But he actually still runs things at the club. Our current chairman is a dear friend of his and just a puppet on a string. When he "sold" the club he gave the stadium and its grounds to his girlfriend so we now pay 400.000 Euro rent a year to plag in our own Stadium.

He recently called these 6 clubs his network and there have been player swappings between Ujpest, STVV, Standard and Tubize. We mostly got young,talented players who had to be in the starting eleven even though they weren't yet up for the task. He destroyed our club from within and we are nothjng bht his toy at the moment.

I fear the same thing might happen with Charlton. He'll use you to steal your talent, drop young players in the first squad to increase their market value. He"ll use your stadium ground to build hotels, shops and industry ( Very positive for the local economy I have to admit). And he"ll sell your players as soon as there's a profit in store for him

The man knows nothing about football but he is a cunning bastard.

All the best of luck and I hope for you guys I'm wrong.

Sounds great!!!