Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Port Vale is a lovely spot.
  • edited March 2015
    Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.
  • edited March 2015
    We're a bigger draw to them than West Ham.

They can go on about restricted sales but when you can take 40k to Wembley you have enough fans who aren't affected by the restrictions.
  • Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.

Burslem is the jewel in the crown of the potteries - albeit a slightly tarnished crown with the pointy bits bent over and holes where the glass masquerading as precious stones used to be before being nicked.
  • you missed out this one from your promotion winning season

Highest home attendance 17,632 vs Charlton Athletic (13 March 2010)

So two of the New Den's top five gates since it started were against us.

Admittedly they haven't played Premier League football there, which would change things, but it says something about whether we're more obsessed with them, or they with us.
    This is, and will probably remain, the most one-sided local derby in football, in Millwall's favour, so wanting to win isn't a result of obsession, just a desire for something blimmin different for a change.
    Millwall's and Crystal Palace's dominance in games against us can be offset through history by our league standing.
  • seth plum said:

you missed out this one from your promotion winning season

Highest home attendance 17,632 vs Charlton Athletic (13 March 2010)

So two of the New Den's top five gates since it started were against us.

Admittedly they haven't played Premier League football there, which would change things, but it says something about whether we're more obsessed with them, or they with us.
    This is, and will probably remain, the most one-sided local derby in football, in Millwall's favour, so wanting to win isn't a result of obsession, just a desire for something blimmin different for a change.
    Millwall's and Crystal Palace's dominance in games against us can be offset through history by our league standing.
    and the fact that we're nice.
  • Gumbo said:

Just a goal would be nice

"I fuckin love you Gumbo"
  • JMP said:

1.Arsenal: 20,146 (FA Cup 1993)
    2.Chelsea: 18,573 (FA Cup 1995)
    3.Oldham: 18,510 (League One 2001)
    4.Charlton: 18,013 (Championship 2012)
    5.Gillingham: 17,929 (League One 2001)
    6.Arsenal: 17,718 (FA Cup 1995)
    7.Liverpool: 17,655 (League Cup 2004)
    8.Swindon: 17,083 (League One 2010)
    9.Wolves: 17,058 (Championship 2002)
    10.Grimsby: 17,004 (League One 2001)

Says a lot that because of their own stupid fans they will never have a capacity crowd again. Its not even like the away fans sit in adjacent seats to that lot?
  • We're a bigger draw to them than West Ham.

They can go on about restricted sales but when you can take 40k to Wembley you have enough fans who aren't affected by the restrictions.

internet fans, not proper match attending fans.

• Sponsored links:

and?

Charge your phone
  • seth plum said:

JMP what are the ten biggest attendances at the New Den since it opened?

Ha. That didn't go as you planned.

Weird how you think that a big gate means you mean that much to use. It's a derby, there's plenty of family/friend connections, and there's no member and ST only restrictions, it's not difficult to see why it would be a big turn out on both sides. It doesn't mean you're anything special to us. I think I probably know a few more Millwall fans than you do, and I can honestly say no one really gets excited about Charlton apart from maybe a week or two before we play you, just like we do for any London derby. I don't have any reason to lie, why would I? I wouldn't try and convince west ham fans they mean nothing to us. Because obviously they do!
    It's nonsense. And your obsession with us is just weird. How many Millwall threads on here? How many pages? Have a look on the Millwall sites, see how many Charlton related threads there are.
  • Groucho and Firewall some it up here
  • Can one of the Millwall fans confirm if they are looking forward to buying a commemorative relegation watch?

Weird how you think that a big gate means you mean that much to use. It's a derby, there's plenty of family/friend connections, and there's no member and ST only restrictions, it's not difficult to see why it would be a big turn out on both sides. It doesn't mean you're anything special to us. I think I probably know a few more Millwall fans than you do, and I can honestly say no one really gets excited about Charlton apart from maybe a week or two before we play you, just like we do for any London derby. I don't have any reason to lie, why would I? I wouldn't try and convince west ham fans they mean nothing to us. Because obviously they do!
    It's nonsense. And your obsession with us is just weird. How many Millwall threads on here? How many pages? Have a look on the Millwall sites, see how many Charlton related threads there are.
    Don't think there are many Charlton fans bothering to contribute on Millwall sites though are there?

Our 'obsession' with you is solely down to our shit record against you. And, boy, are we going to celebrate if we stick a deep nail in your coffin

Outside of the aggravating record problem, everything else about your dirty little club and your grubby, lowlife fans we dislike, but not in an obsessive way.
  • Must be more Millwall fans on Charlton life than Charlton fans, and we're the ones that are obsessed!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015

seth plum said:

How do you know what I planned? Anyway it turns out the two of the top five attendances at the New Den since it opened have been against Charlton, not the one as wrongly posted.
  • edited March 2015
    Don't think i've ever been "bullied" by a Millwall fan.

How novel...
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

How do you know what I planned/ anyway it turns out the two of the top five attendances at the New Den since it opened have been against Charlton, not the one as wrongly posted.
    More Millwall fans turned out for that Grimsby game than they did for the charlton game as Grimbsy had about 50 fans there tucked up in the corner of the west stand and Millwall got given the away end too.

• And you're truly deluded when you say you aren't obsessed with us. You hate Millwall more than you love your own club!
  • Big day out at Wembley against Wigan, this young Millwall fan is being inducted into what it all means.

• And you're truly deluded when you say you aren't obsessed with us. You hate Millwall more than you love your own club!

That's why its call rivalry. If we're obsessed its because we never win the derby games against millwall

Like you said people have family and friends that support both clubs, so it's a big game for you as much us. Just for sheer "bragging rights" that's why your the tickets sell well, so I guess obsession works both way

It would be hugely satisfying to beat you but ultimately the league table doesn't lie and I am just pleased that we have won seven out of nine,

Bye bye...
  • Would be a more informative top ten if it was based on just league games wouldn't it ?
  • At least we agree on one thing then. L1 is where you belong