Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Morning millwall fan.

Some shocking away figures from palace in that chart.

In April 2003 they bought 856 to us, their closest neighbours. And they reckon South London is theirs? Two bob plastic ****'s! Can't stand them.

http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Millwall-Stats0203-1.htm
  • dickplumb said:

This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

What a load of rubbish. I know some Millwall fans and they can't wait to put one over on Charlton. It has become a cliche to say they don't care about us. If by some freak Charlton beat Millwall, I think you will see how little Millwall care about us.
    Are you unable to read my Charlton chum?

"We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both"
  • dickplumb said:

IA said:

Can one of the Millwall fans confirm if they are looking forward to buying a commemorative relegation watch?

Genuinely looking forward to relegation now. It's been absolutely shit in the championship for us this time around, struggling every season. I think if we pull off a miracle and stay up, another season of struggle could do a lot of damage to us as a club and our fan base. Drop down a league, re group, strip the deadwood, start scoring a few goals, and maybe even winning a few games! Get that old Millwall feel back to the place. We're a biggish league one side but a small championship side, that's why our cycle involves flipping between the two leagues, it's normal for us. We won't be devastated and we don't believe we belong in the top flight like you lot, far from it.
    Will be good to get back to some old school grounds and clubs too. Someone mentioned port vale? Been there, great little ground. A few I haven't done too, burton, Rochdale, fleetwood, and hopefully Shrewsbury, so will be ticking them off the list next season. I was at Rotherham, we got relegated there. I've accepted it now and just looking forward to next season now.
    Who are you trying to convince us or yourself? Div 1 is a graveyard, I was so happy to get out of that League.
    To be fair, you only experienced Charlton games in L1. We had some truly great days out in that league. Granted, there were some shit years too, but no worse than the last couple of years we've had in this league.
  • Serious question to the Millwall fans on this thread.

What do you envisage Berylson's attitude to be to relegation? He's spent a lot of money, your CEO (?Ambler) has left or is leaving. Is there a danger of the Club imploding?
  • Yeah nothing quite like a day out to Fleetwood

We'll have a day/weekend out in Blackpool when we play Fleetwood and we'll have a ball. Jeez, you lot really are the football snobs aren't you. Short memories, forget where you came from and how bad you had it in the selhurst years.
  • dickplumb said:

This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

What a load of rubbish. I know some Millwall fans and they can't wait to put one over on Charlton. It has become a cliche to say they don't care about us. If by some freak Charlton beat Millwall, I think you will see how little Millwall care about us.
    Are you unable to read my Charlton chum?

"We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both"
    Yeah this. If course there's a rivalry, but I believe it means about ten times more to Charlton than it does to Millwall, probably more. He says he has Millwall mates who can't wait to put one over charlton, that's probably because they have him as a Charlton mate and they live in a Charlton area. I have a very big circle of Millwall mates, and Charlton barely get a mention.
  • Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.

Always thought they were the only club.
    Might be wrong but don't think there's a tranmere. As a place I mean.
    Tranmere is a suburb of Birkenhead, on the Wirral Peninsula, England.
  • Tony Watt doesn't like you
    and we don't care

We'll have a day/weekend out in Blackpool when we play Fleetwood and we'll have a ball. Jeez, you lot really are the football snobs aren't you. Short memories, forget where you came from and how bad you had it in the selhurst years.
    'Jeez' for someone that doesn't care you seem to worry far too much about what we say
  • Sponsored links:

• Port Vale play in Burslem. Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a distinct geographical location. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879,[3] and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry.

Always thought they were the only club.
    Might be wrong but don't think there's a tranmere. As a place I mean.
    Tranmere is a suburb of Birkenhead, on the Wirral Peninsula, England.
    I stand corrected.
    Reminded me of a song I heard them sing when we was calling them scouse so an so's years ago... "Don't be mistaken, don't be misled, we're not scousers, we're from Birkenhead"
  • I can't wait for 3rd April. I know I shouldn't but I am sure we are gonna win that one. 21 years of hurt/disappointment/frustration are coming to an end. Surely!?

'Jeez' for someone that doesn't care you seem to worry far too much about what we say
    Not keen on football snobbery whoever you support. I love our lower leagues. The fact that you still get big crowds down there and big away followings for local games, and the history of some of the clubs down there. You don't get that anywhere in Europe. Real Madrid and Barca's B team play in their third tier. I remember when Northampton took 7000 to Chelsea for a cup game, Mourinho said you never get that anywhere in Europe.
  • edited March 2015

Yeah nothing quite like a day out to Fleetwood

Not keen on football snobbery whoever you support. I love our lower leagues. The fact that you still get big crowds down there and big away followings for local games, and the history of some of the clubs down there. You don't get that anywhere in Europe. Real Madrid and Barca's B team play in their third tier. I remember when Northampton took 7000 to Chelsea for a cup game, Mourinho said you never get that anywhere in Europe.
    Agree with a lot of that but think sometimes thing about this though is it is often a falsehood. Do all those 7k really support the Cobblers week in week out, or even regularly?

It is endemic whenever a small town club get a big draw that the whole town suddenly supports them. Blackpool for example...had a few mates who were from there...all Everton "fans" then when Blackpool got promoted under Holloway (whatever happened to him?!) they were suddenly loyal tangerines.

Probably would see something similar if Bromley make it up the leagues and get a big cup draw....morons would be dropping their charlton, palace and millwall scarves for the day and painting their faces lilywhite for the cameras and kissing the Bromley badge on their new replica shirts until Match of the Day or Sky went home before packing them up in the loft never to be seen again.

Bit like when you lot take 45k to Wembley ;-)

Crawley did the same many moons ago when they drew man utd and got a bumper crowd all donned in replica gear although it could be argued they have retained some of that support now that they have climbed the leagues and good luck to them if so,

Do agree though that our pyramid is something to be proud of and having gone down to the third division for a while and knowing that any club can drop right down, and never knowing when and where the descent would end, gives you a sense of perspective better sense of supporting a club than many modern Big 4 club type of fans will never understand.
  • Millwall aren't that fussed about us and I'm not going to try to convince them that they are. Their rivalries have nothing to do with football, which says it all about them. They're proud of that, whilst to me it just confirms that they are scum.
    Everyone's happy.

Agree with a lot of that but think sometimes thing about this though is it is often a falsehood. Do all those 7k really support the Cobblers week in week out, or even regularly?

It is endemic whenever a small town club get a big draw that the whole town suddenly supports them. Blackpool for example...had a few mates who were from there...all Everton "fans" then when Blackpool got promoted under Holloway (whatever happened to him?!) they were suddenly loyal tangerines.

Probably would see something similar if Bromley make it up the leagues and get a big cup draw....morons would be dropping their charlton, palace and millwall scarves for the day and painting their faces lilywhite for the cameras and kissing the Bromley badge on their new replica shirts until Match of the Day or Sky went home before packing them up in the loft never to be seen again.

Bit like when you lot take 45k to Wembley ;-)

Crawley did the same many moons ago when they drew man utd and got a bumper crowd all donned in replica gear although it could be argued they have retained some of that support now that they have climbed the leagues and good luck to them if so,

Do agree though that our pyramid is something to be proud of and having gone down to the third division for a while and knowing that any club can drop right down, and never knowing when and where the descent would end, gives you a sense of perspective better sense of supporting a club than many modern Big 4 club type of fans will never understand.
    Northampton would regularly get 4 or 5k at home. They probably have 7k fans attend home games at different times throughout the season. You look at the third tiers on the continent and Scotland and it's like the lower end of our non league, they'l get a few hundred at games. Even our conference is miles better than that.

• ........ and we don't believe we belong in the top flight like you lot, far from it.

That's because, in all millwall's existance, you've only spent 2 seasons there.

No wonder you don't believe that you belong.

• Oggy Red said:

........ and we don't believe we belong in the top flight like you lot, far from it.

That's because, in all millwall's existance, you've only spent 2 seasons there.

No wonder you don't believe that you belong.

That's right. And the popes a catholic.
  • I certainly don't feel we belong in the top flight and nor do many I know,

Feeling inferior can cause those thoughts to exist

Help is out there he has a program on itv most mornings you can join others like that on there
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    I can understand it. I have often found myself in the company of a Spanner, be it at football or just socially and I have immediately felt infinitely superior.
  • edited March 2015

I can understand it. I have often found myself in the company of a Spanner, be it at football or just socially and I have immediately felt infinitely superior.

Just to help our visitors I have a diagram (I am on the right hand side pulling some of my best dance moves....)

Sorry Spanner... that's this way ------->

• edited March 2015
    LenGlover said:

Serious question to the Millwall fans on this thread.

What do you envisage Berylson's attitude to be to relegation? He's spent a lot of money, your CEO (?Ambler) has left or is leaving. Is there a danger of the Club imploding?

Ambler is leaving? Missed that one.

I'd like to think if the club play this summer correctly it may strengthen us. A lot of players out of contract, a new head of recruitment brought in, a focus on our academy and younger players, it could see us turn things around a bit.

If not, things could continue to get worse. Usually there is a 2/3 year slump after relegation before building up again, we cannot afford that. Must be gearing up for promotion straight away.

Blackpool will continue to implode, Wigan will disappear if they go down, with City & Preston going up, it would only really leave Sheff Utd as the big club in that division. Think that's an easier division than it was the last time we were down there when it had Norwich, Leeds, Charlton, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton.

• We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Charlton fans hate Millwall, but Millwall fans don't hate Charlton.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc & Palace because they are mouthy twats.

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest.Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    This

• I havn't seen it mentioned elsewhere but they have appointed Andrew Mills as Director of Recruitment. Be interesting to see how that pans out ;-))
  • I havn't seen it mentioned elsewhere but they have appointed Andrew Mills as Director of Recruitment. Be interesting to see how that pans out ;-))

He'll be a boon.

• We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Charlton fans hate Millwall, but Millwall fans don't hate Charlton.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc (& Palace because they are mouthy twats.)

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest. Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    says it all
  • My tame Millwall supporting season ticket holder colleague reckons that Mills has come in with a view to eventually succeeding Ambler. He does have a bit of an inside track sometimes.