Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Charlton fans hate Millwall, but Millwall fans don't hate Charlton.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc (& Palace because they are mouthy twats.)

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest. Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    Imagine the rivalry if you could all fight!
    I love the way nethanderals always assume that if people choose not to fight it is because they can't. It's not like a spelling test you know? There are things that one can be good at but believe that it is not best practice to demonstrate it.

Having said that I am more than happy for your lot to brag that you are better fighters than us. We'll never know, for sure, because we are way too evolved to ever want to lower ourselves to fighting in the streets, thank you very much.
  • edited March 2015
    JMP said:

12,000 die hard fans ? You 'avin a larf ?

Discuss

How many home games this season, have Millwall had 12,000 home supporters, in attendance ?
  • JMP said:

12,000 die hard fans ? You 'avin a larf ?

Discuss

How many home games this season, have Millwall had 12,000 home supporters, in attendance ?
    CE I think it is a little unfair to ask that until after we play them!
  • Interesting that 4 of our top 5 league attendances came in L1 and not the championship.

It's not that interesting though is it? I mean, Millwall are a third division club. Most of their records would be in the third division wouldn't they?
    Just in relation to the poster who said L1's a graveyard when I mentioned that I've had some of my best Millwall experiences in L1.

• We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

I don't understand how any knowledgeable Charlton fan can disagree with this, because it is the truth.
    Millwall hate W Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds, Man C, Cardiff, Birmingham etc (& Palace because they are mouthy twats.)

Millwall are our closest football rivals, but that is not their main interest. Their main interest is in hooliganism and always will be and that is why Millwall don't hate Charlton.

It's very simple.
    I love the way nethanderals always assume that if people choose not to fight it is because they can't. It's not like a spelling test you know? There are things that one can be good at but believe that it is not best practice to demonstrate it.

Having said that I am more than happy for your lot to brag that you are better fighters than us. We'll never know, for sure, because we are way too evolved to ever want to lower ourselves to fighting in the streets, thank you very much.
    Surprised that 3 of you so far even took my response that seriously.

There's the difference.

It's very simple.

You must know the rules by now. If it's a funny you have to add a ;-)

;-)
  • Are we actually going to buy them a watch ?
  • Are we actually going to buy them a watch ?

Only once they prove they can tell the time.

There's the difference.

It's very simple.

You must know the rules by now. If it's a funny you have to add a ;-)

;-)
    And we call them stupid!
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    JMP said:

Here is the official top 15 league attendances, please remember we don't send coaches down to Kent.

1. Oldham: 18,510 (300) League One 2001
    2. Charlton: 18,013 (3,394) Championship 2012
    3. Gillingham: 17,929 (3,513) League One 2001
    4. Charlton: 17,632 (2,996) League One 2010
    5. Swindon: 17,083 (2,196) League One 2010
    6. Wolves: 17,058 (2,618) Championship 2002
    7. Grimsby: 17,004 (631) Championship 2001
    8. Crystal Palace: 16,779 (2,129) Championship 1994
    9. Leeds United: 16,724 (2,191) Championship 2011
    10. Crystal Palace: 16,630 (1,631) Championship 2001
    11. Leeds United: 16,205 (2,171) Championship 2014
    12. Crystal Palace: 16,170 (2,129) Championship 2011
    13. Charlton: 16,102 (2,431) Championship 2014
    14. West Ham United: 16,078 (1,883) Championship 2011
    15. Rotherham United: 16,015 (1,409) League One 2001

Play-offs:
    1. Derby County: 16,470 (1,451) Championship 1994
    2. Birmingham City 16,319 (1,800) Championship 2002
    3. Huddersfield Town: 15,463 (1,286) League One 2010
    4. Wigan Athletic: 14,091 (592) League One 2000
    5. Leeds United: 13,228 (991) League One 2009

All the other Charlton Athletic fixtures at the ‘new’ Den:
    1. 13,320 Championship 1993/94
    2. 11,350 Championship 1995/96
    3. 9,508 Championship 1994/95

This may have been mentioned earlier on the thread, but why 18,150 against Oldham ? Play offs, £5 a ticket day or something. There was only 300 Oldham there. What is going on with that attendance ?
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

JMP said:

Here is the official top 15 league attendances, please remember we don't send coaches down to Kent.

Play-offs:

This may have been mentioned earlier on the thread, but why 18,150 against Oldham ? Play offs, £5 a ticket day or something. There was only 300 Oldham there. What is going on with that attendance ?
    Was the season we won the old Division 2 mate
  • JMP said:

vff said:

JMP said:

Play-offs:

Was the season we won the old Division 2 mate
    Ok last game of the season celebration for winning the division. Similar to Charlton's Hartlepool game when winning League One (last of game of season).

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/millwall/2000-2001/results

Millwall then finished fourth the following season, 2001/02 losing at home to Birmingham City 0-1 in the play offs. This was a recent high point who then got relegated from the Championship in 2005/06 finishing 23rd with 40 points.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/millwall/2005-2006/table

Wonder if Millwall will get a similar points score to 2005/06 this season ?
  • Diego Fabbrini has been recalled from his loan spell at #Millwall by parent club Watford.

And then sent straight to Birmingham. Think he was one of their better players.
  • Diego Fabbrini has been recalled from his loan spell at #Millwall by parent club Watford.

And then sent straight to Birmingham. Think he was one of their better players.

Harris weren't picking him for some reason. God knows why. Another nail in our coffin I'm afraid.

• Quality stig. Quality.

• dickplumb said:

This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

What a load of rubbish. I know some Millwall fans and they can't wait to put one over on Charlton. It has become a cliche to say they don't care about us. If by some freak Charlton beat Millwall, I think you will see how little Millwall care about us.
    Are you unable to read my Charlton chum?

"We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both"
    Yeah this. If course there's a rivalry, but I believe it means about ten times more to Charlton than it does to Millwall, probably more. He says he has Millwall mates who can't wait to put one over charlton, that's probably because they have him as a Charlton mate and they live in a Charlton area. I have a very big circle of Millwall mates, and Charlton barely get a mention.
    So what are you doing here then pal?

• edited March 2015
    Why do Millwall fans come on this board?

Surely, if they are to be believed they don't give a shit about us. So, I'll repeat my question, why come on here?

I can't imagine any Charlton going on a Millwall website, I certainly wouldn't.

What's the attraction then on visiting a forum of a club you don't care about?

Obsessed I'd say but of course you'd say you don't care!
  • D_F_T said:

dickplumb said:

This thread makes it pretty clear.

We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both. But whereas you can detect real spite and hate from some of the Charlton on here towards Millwall, you can never detect that from a Millwall fan about Charlton.

There's the difference.

In fact, I'm almost warming to the idea of Charlton winning just so some of you cheer up a bit!

What a load of rubbish. I know some Millwall fans and they can't wait to put one over on Charlton. It has become a cliche to say they don't care about us. If by some freak Charlton beat Millwall, I think you will see how little Millwall care about us.
    Are you unable to read my Charlton chum?

"We all care about the rivalry and the result matters to us both"
    Yeah this. If course there's a rivalry, but I believe it means about ten times more to Charlton than it does to Millwall, probably more. He says he has Millwall mates who can't wait to put one over charlton, that's probably because they have him as a Charlton mate and they live in a Charlton area. I have a very big circle of Millwall mates, and Charlton barely get a mention.
    So what are you doing here then pal?

I dunno really. This is there only site I go in other than Millwall online. I pop on here occasionally, usually near to when we're playing you. I don't feel any malice towards Charlton (I wouldn't last 5 minutes on a palace or west ham site), there's some interesting debate and I find your obsession with us mildly amusing, that's why I suppose.
  • edited March 2015
    You're the one who's obsessed mate, that's why you just can't stop!

Admit it

Mildly amusing, it's fucking hilarious!
  • Sponsored links:

• D_F_T said:

You're the one who's obsessed mate, that's why you just can't stop!

Admit it

Mildly amusing, it's fucking hilarious!

You're easily amused.

• D_F_T said:

Surely, if they are to be believed they don't give a shit about us. So, I'll repeat my question, why come on here?

You're utterly obsessed with us. Just because 2 or 3 Millwall occasionally post on here doesn't change that fact. Look how many Millwall related threads are continually on this board, and how often Millwall get mentioned in other unrelated threads. Maybe that's why Millwall fans come on here, because Millwall are mentioned so much! Go on a Milllwall site, Charlton are only really mentioned when we're playing you. If you can't see that you're deluded pal.
  • Utterly?

Open more threads.
  • edited March 2015

D_F_T said:

You're utterly obsessed with us. Just because 2 or 3 Millwall occasionally post on here doesn't change that fact. Look how many Millwall related threads are continually on this board, and how often Millwall get mentioned in other unrelated threads. Maybe that's why Millwall fans come on here, because Millwall are mentioned so much! Go on a Milllwall site, Charlton are only really mentioned when we're playing you. If you can't see that you're deluded pal.
    To be fair though the Millwall forums have about 12 people on them. This site has possibly has thousands and it only takes about 12 people from the thousands of members to start a thread and it makes it look a bit obsessive.

I see millwall mentioned and spoke about on this forum way more than i actually do in my life apart from the odd whinge that we never beat you.

Just have a look at our home crowds and the fact that we struggle to sell out the upper and lower tier when we play you and it isn't because people are scared its because you are not that important to a lot of Charlton fans.
  • edited March 2015
    Lots of threads about millwall and millwall posters on this forum compared to no Charlton fans or Charlton threads on the millwall forums says more about the forums than the clubs. How someone can join a forum and post on it whilst calling us obsessed is beggars belief.
  • I think it also speaks volumes about the current levels of on-field success. I am absolutely loving their demise this season and could happily talk for hours about it. If that is typical of just a small percent of Charlton fans it is bound to reflect in more posts. Conversely, we are playing some amazing football, are riding high in the form tables and are already safe. Not much for the spanners to enjoy there.

• Just have a look at our home crowds and the fact that we struggle to sell out the upper and lower tier when we play you and it isn't because people are scared its because you are not that important to a lot of Charlton fans.

Come on now, you know that is not true. I have plenty of Charlton friends, Charlton neighbours, Charlton work colleagues, they all see Millwall as their most disliked club and the club they most want to beat, closely followed by Palace.

They all recognise that more Millwall & Charlton fans have grown up together and are more alike than yourselves & Palace will ever be. There's a deep dislike of Millwall yet at the same time still a friendly rivalry away from the day itself.

It's a SE London derby and the result matters to us all, just to slightly different degrees.

• Just have a look at our home crowds and the fact that we struggle to sell out the upper and lower tier when we play you and it isn't because people are scared its because you are not that important to a lot of Charlton fans.

Come on now, you know that is not true. I have plenty of Charlton friends, Charlton neighbours, Charlton work colleagues, they all see Millwall as their most disliked club and the club they most want to beat, closely followed by Palace.

They all recognise that more Millwall & Charlton fans have grown up together and are more alike than yourselves & Palace will ever be. There's a deep dislike of Millwall yet at the same time still a friendly rivalry away from the day itself.

It's a SE London derby and the result matters to us all, just to slightly different degrees.

They probably only mention Millwall to you because you are a millwall fan. My point being is when talking to charlton fans i rarely hear millwall come up. We don't all get together and talk about how much we hate Millwall or the latest wank signing you have made. This forum amplifies the importance of Millwall well beyond the actual reality of what it is.