Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Unlike some here, i'm not in denial about the inbalance - we really do pay more attention to Millwall & their problems than vice versa, it's a fact that we have to accept. But the word 'accept' suggests it's a difficult thing to do, but it shouldn't be. So what if we're more interested in them (and trains, Sheff Wed, theatre, pubs, Yann & all the other stuff we talk about here)? No one hates us, we don't care....

I've said before that a bit of friendly sparring with oppo fans on CL is something I welcome, even if others don't. Nope, I don't do the reverse in North Stand Banter, because i've better things to do that go to places where i'm unlikely to be welcomed (note to Millwall fans - please don't think I'm "scared" to visit - we don't all think in this one-dimensional way). In the same way, there were definitely some Millwall fans at Wembley for the 98 play-off (I know this for a fact), whereas I'm not sure the reverse would happen. We're a more welcoming, open, friendly set of people, basically.

So for sure we seem to care more about Millwall's impending relegation than some Millwall fans, who seem remarkably sanguine about it. If they're happy to wave us goodbye and look forward to a derby against the Gills instead, so be it. And yes, I'll still be watching, hoping their "big fish in small pond" theory works for them like it has for Plymouth, Luton and others, and sees them have a short stay in L1 but not the way they imagine...

I'm glad someone's being honest on here.... Like you say too many Charlton fans are in denial.

If you was more open & honest about the obsession you'd find it easier to come to terms with it.

Come on let it all out.
  • ole ole ole ole
    Tony Watt Watt Watt
  • JMP said:

Unlike some here, i'm not in denial about the inbalance - we really do pay more attention to Millwall & their problems than vice versa, it's a fact that we have to accept. But the word 'accept' suggests it's a difficult thing to do, but it shouldn't be. So what if we're more interested in them (and trains, Sheff Wed, theatre, pubs, Yann & all the other stuff we talk about here)? No one hates us, we don't care....

I've said before that a bit of friendly sparring with oppo fans on CL is something I welcome, even if others don't. Nope, I don't do the reverse in North Stand Banter, because i've better things to do that go to places where i'm unlikely to be welcomed (note to Millwall fans - please don't think I'm "scared" to visit - we don't all think in this one-dimensional way). In the same way, there were definitely some Millwall fans at Wembley for the 98 play-off (I know this for a fact), whereas I'm not sure the reverse would happen. We're a more welcoming, open, friendly set of people, basically.

So for sure we seem to care more about Millwall's impending relegation than some Millwall fans, who seem remarkably sanguine about it. If they're happy to wave us goodbye and look forward to a derby against the Gills instead, so be it. And yes, I'll still be watching, hoping their "big fish in small pond" theory works for them like it has for Plymouth, Luton and others, and sees them have a short stay in L1 but not the way they imagine...

I'm glad someone's being honest on here.... Like you say too many Charlton fans are in denial.

If you was more open & honest about the obsession you'd find it easier to come to terms with it.

Come on let it all out.
    Aah, but it's not an 'obsession', JMP, you also need to get a sense of proportion here. It's a few posts out of many. Compare with the speed & intensity around the Upbeats' fundraising last week... On a scale of 1 to 10 we're about a 4 to your 2, that's all
  • JMP said:

Unlike some here, i'm not in denial about the inbalance - we really do pay more attention to Millwall & their problems than vice versa, it's a fact that we have to accept. But the word 'accept' suggests it's a difficult thing to do, but it shouldn't be. So what if we're more interested in them (and trains, Sheff Wed, theatre, pubs, Yann & all the other stuff we talk about here)? No one hates us, we don't care....

Come on let it all out.
    One hour 6 mins between the original post and the response from the Millwall fan on the Charlton forum saying (again, yawn) that we are the ones who are obsessed.

Is there any other way anyone can think of to illustrate the irony of this so they can see it? Can we perhaps try and use pictures or a jigsaw with 4 pieces?
  • I couldn't give a fuck if you hate us, pity us, or thumb your own bum over us...the fact is that I, we, all Charlton fans will always despise Millwall for the two bob shit stain of a football club you are.
    The only reason we see the point in your existence is because you quite handily act as a c*nt filter for our support.

This
  • edited March 2015
    This point may have been made earlier in the thread - so apologies if it has but I'm not about to read through 18 pages!!

For a rivalry to exist it has to be reciprocal. On that basis it is probably fair to say that Charlton and Millwall are not rivals. We, like most reasonable people, have an intense dislike for them based on their historical reputation for being horrible bastards. But we're not - most neutral football fans view Charlton supporters as harmless trainspotters and the club as a friendly, family set-up.

Similarly, if you ask most scum fans about the rivalry with Charlton they will reply 'what rivalry?'. The fact that they are charmless, spotty, stripey Nigel twats supporting the scummiest club in the land is pretty much our take on it, with good reason - it really isn't reciprocated.

I personally don't think we've got any rivalry with any club - we're just too nice (and I haven't got any problem whatsoever with that).
  • edited March 2015
    Yep, I hate Millwall with a passion. I love London but the shit stain in Bermondsey properly winds me up. Everything about the club, there are no redeeeming qualities.

At school all the fucktards who had no interest in football gravitated there, on the brighter side our cunt filter has been successful on the whole but if Millwall didn't exist, I doubt the herberts would be anywhere anyway.

Probably the only club that many fans wouldn't lose any sleep over if they went bust and I open these threads mainly in the hope of that news. Again one disappointment after another

I guess the abundance of the Millwall threads this season arises from the last 10 years we have pretty much nothing to gloat about, we never beat our rivals anyway and Palace have risen away from us. But Millwall have truly been a constant source of hilarity to us all that it's just inevitable there would be numerous threads to highlight this. It would be weird if there weren't. The gift that keeps on giving.

These will tail off next year and you'll get the same attention we give Gillingham and maybe a couple of Remember Millwall? type threads that'll be filled with our 70's throwback anecdotes that no one gives a fuck about anyway
  • I suppose it's a bit having some active monkeys in a low priced zoo - we talk about Milwall because at least they do something like throw their own sh*t around or fight from time to time, and to that extent they are "interesting". And of course some of the monkeys look back at us through the glass, equally fascinated by these strange beings that are clean and who don't fight each other.

I got to admit that made me laugh
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

This point may have been made earlier in the thread - so apologies if it has but I'm not about to read through 18 pages!!

For a rivalry to exist it has to be reciprocal. On that basis it is probably fair to say that Charlton and Millwall are not rivals. We, like most reasonable people, have an intense dislike for them based on their historical reputation for being horrible bastards. But we're not - most neutral football fans view Charlton supporters as harmless trainspotters and the club as a friendly, family set-up.

Similarly, if you ask most scum fans about the rivalry with Charlton they will reply 'what rivalry?'. The fact that they are charmless, spotty, stripey Nigel twats supporting the scummiest club in the land is pretty much our take on it, with good reason - it really isn't reciprocated.

I personally don't think we've got any rivalry with any club - we're just too nice (and I haven't got any problem whatsoever with that).

Nail. On. Head.
  • D_F_T said:

Why do Millwall fans come on this board?

Surely, if they are to be believed they don't give a shit about us. So, I'll repeat my question, why come on here?

I can't imagine any Charlton going on a Millwall website, I certainly wouldn't.

What's the attraction then on visiting a forum of a club you don't care about?

Obsessed I'd say but of course you'd say you don't care!

You're utterly obsessed with us. Just because 2 or 3 Millwall occasionally post on here doesn't change that fact. Look how many Millwall related threads are continually on this board, and how often Millwall get mentioned in other unrelated threads. Maybe that's why Millwall fans come on here, because Millwall are mentioned so much! Go on a Milllwall site, Charlton are only really mentioned when we're playing you. If you can't see that you're deluded pal.
    As there are now Seven separate threads on the first page with Millwall in the title I'm beginning to think he might have a point:)
  • "You're obsessed", "no you're obsessed".

Embarrassing. Lets be honest, we both really want to win this and either team will be severely pissed off if they lose. Don't see why we need to hide from it. I've got a load of mouthy friends and family who support Millwall and yes, I'd love us to smash them and stick it straight to them.
  • For the large part Charlton are in a higher position and different league from Millwall. Millwall are between the Championship and longer spells in League One with Charlton mostly in the Championship with short spells in the Premiership and occassional spells in League One. The two clubs are mostly irrelevant to each other in football / fighting /supporter terms. WHU may be a bigger rival for both for different reasons.

Charlton go for a different demographic / type of supporter. In the fighting stakes, there is little rivalry. Charlton supporters are mostly not interested in that. Millwall supporters are mostly not interested in fighting with rival supporters who's primary objective is not fighting.

Talk to a lot of Millwall supporters about football and mostly it ends up discussing memorable scraps with other supporters and less about the football on the pitch.

Charlton and Millwall may be geographically next door to each other but the rivalry is mostly not bitter and intense.

The thing for Charlton supporters is that the record is terrible. It would be great to get the victory to overcome that before Millwall disappear into League One for what could be a good few seasons.
  • Two results are important to me week in week out in football. Charlton win and Millwall lose. Of course there are sideshows at the top and bottom which might also gain my particular interest but on the whole I stand by the Charlton win, Millwall lose.

I get additional pleasure if Millwall are struggling and become even more excited if there is a possibility of them getting relegated.

If this is obsessive. So be it. I've disliked them since as long as I've been going to football. 53 years.

If we can assist them towards the trap door on good Friday I will be ecstatic.

I always say I support 3 teams, Millwall and whoever palace and west ham are playing. My 'Carlsberg weekend is a Millwall win and a palace and west ham defeat'. Unfortunately they're few and fair between these days.
  • Two results are important to me week in week out in football. Charlton win and Millwall lose. Of course there are sideshows at the top and bottom which might also gain my particular interest but on the whole I stand by the Charlton win, Millwall lose.

I get additional pleasure if Millwall are struggling and become even more excited if there is a possibility of them getting relegated.

If this is obsessive. So be it. I've disliked them since as long as I've been going to football. 53 years.

I always say I support 3 teams, Millwall and whoever palace and west ham are playing. My 'Carlsberg weekend is a Millwall win and a palace and west ham defeat'. Unfortunately they're few and fair between these days.
    For me it is Charlton victory, a Millwall, WHU and Crystal Palace defeat. That can change though as to whoever is in the same division at Charlton. Also as to whether WHU or Palace are closest to relegation. Not sure if that makes me obsessive or not but I always enjoy a Millwall defeat.

Well a Millwall win is.
  • vff said:

Two results are important to me week in week out in football. Charlton win and Millwall lose. Of course there are sideshows at the top and bottom which might also gain my particular interest but on the whole I stand by the Charlton win, Millwall lose.

For me it is Charlton victory, a Millwall, WHU and Crystal Palace defeat. That can change though as to whoever is in the same division at Charlton. Also as to whether WHU or Palace are closest to relegation. Not sure if that makes me obsessive or not but I always enjoy a Millwall defeat.
    Didn't know you lot had any beef with west ham, but a few on here have mentioned a dislike for them.
  • D_F_T said:

Why do Millwall fans come on this board?

Surely, if they are to be believed they don't give a shit about us. So, I'll repeat my question, why come on here?

I can't imagine any Charlton going on a Millwall website, I certainly wouldn't.

What's the attraction then on visiting a forum of a club you don't care about?

Obsessed I'd say but of course you'd say you don't care!

You're utterly obsessed with us. Just because 2 or 3 Millwall occasionally post on here doesn't change that fact. Look how many Millwall related threads are continually on this board, and how often Millwall get mentioned in other unrelated threads. Maybe that's why Millwall fans come on here, because Millwall are mentioned so much! Go on a Milllwall site, Charlton are only really mentioned when we're playing you. If you can't see that you're deluded pal.
    But we don't deny that we "care" about Millwall, of course we do. I don't "care" about Fleetwood so I've never signed up to one of their forums and commented on threads.

It's an odd problem that both Millwall and Palace fans seem to have with their constant "we don't care about Charlton" rhetoric on sites like this that they fail to see the irony.
  • Sponsored links:

• i like west ham cos they hate the scum too
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    You must like a lot of other club then @oohaahmortimer on that level.
  • i like west ham cos they hate the scum too

Very mature
  • out of curiosity, how have the tickets been selling in the home ends for this game and what is the attendance most likely to be?
  • JMP said:

i like west ham cos they hate the scum too

Very mature
    Like Millwall would have a clue about maturity
  • edited March 2015

JMP said:

Very mature
    They're not all bad. I knew one once who was relatively harmless, as long as he remembered to take his tablets.
  • JMP said:

Very mature
    Again very mature.

We are all the same yes? No.

That's like me saying all Charlton fans wear Anoraks & spot trains.

• edited March 2015
    JMP said:

JMP said:

Very mature
    Again very mature.

We are all the same yes? No.

That's like me saying all Charlton fans wear Anoraks & spot trains.

Yeh and what's wrong with that? Must dash off to Clapham Junction got some numbers I'm missing. Oh and can someone just PM me when they are back where they belong, cheers.